shape
carat
color
clarity

Remember our roots- why did ya join

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock

This has been on my mind ladies and gents.

Totally my opinion, so don''t hold it against me.

It is indeed unfortunate to see this dynamic that has festered here at pricescope. It is however not anything new to the forum world. Each and everyone of us log in everyday for our own personal reasons, whether it be to help, to obtain some type of gratification, to share and search ideas, to test others aswell as ourselves and sadly some join an post as a way to raise conflict in an otherwise smooth environment.

It is the wonderous world of the internet that allows a certain amount of annominity and with that a gateway for some to act and say things that they may (or may not) express in the real world. Each and every member is entitled to hit the submit button, therefore each and every one of us should respect that amount of communicative power and remember that although we sit at a computer in a seemingly safe and sterile environment far from repercussion that the audience is VERY real with very real feelings.

With the founders of pricescope in mind I am somewhat ashamed that we all continue to act so poorly with this issue or unkindness and dramatic redundancy continuing to arise. After all we have all come here for the love of diamonds and many of us have formed wonderful relationships.

Love you guys, now I am off my soap box!

So in the spirit of learning-

How did you come across this community? I had a jeweler tell me about it and suggest I take a look.

What made you join? I so loved reading Garry''s posts and wanted to be able to ask questions of my own.

What has kept you around? The many genuinely incredible people that I have encountered.

I''ll take coconut cream if you’re offering!! lol

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
This is a good thread.

I actually found this place via kvetch. Cause they hate you guys. But personally, I find this forum WAY more appealing - no one is angry and picky and you actually have moderators. And no one tells me I''m stupid when I make a new thread, which got old REAL fast. In all actuality, this forum has far less of the annoyances most forums have, even with the amount of instigators that have shown up. I still prefer it over anyplace else.

Oh, and the sparkles sort of held my attention too
30.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
36.gif
2.gif
1.gif

I really like the idea of this thread! I joined b/c I had a question about my Tacori E-ring...hence the name
41.gif
I had NO idea I''d stick around. I had never been part of any other forum or blog before. Had I know I might have chosen a more creative name. Anyways...I stuck around through my wedding planning (loved sharing tips and ideas with my fellow BIWs) and then it was only natural to stay. My pregnancy also helped bring me closer with a lot of members. Sometimes I feel like I might be too invested but this is my therapy. It is fun. I really enjoy it *most of the time
3.gif

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/26/2008 9:21:17 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
36.gif
2.gif
1.gif

I really like the idea of this thread! I joined b/c I had a question about my Tacori E-ring...hence the name
41.gif
I had NO idea I''d stick around. I had never been part of any other forum or blog before. Had I know I might have chosen a more creative name. Anyways...I stuck around through my wedding planning (loved sharing tips and ideas with my fellow BIWs) and then it was only natural to stay. My pregnancy also helped bring me closer with a lot of members. Sometimes I feel like I might be too invested but this is my therapy. It is fun. I really enjoy it *most of the time
3.gif

I feel the same way :) And I like your signin name!

princesss

Ideal_Rock
It was all about the bling! I started lurking when my mom sent me the URL and we sat for hours every day for a summer drooling over rings. I started posting...I''m not sure why. I remember one of Anchor''s posts about her sister being the first time I really felt like I was contributing, and then last summer I had a boring internship that didn''t give me enough work (no matter how much I asked for). Since then I''ve been hooked. There are so many wonderful people on here, it''s just felt really natural to stay.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/26/2008 9:24:17 PM
Author: MonkeyPie
Date: 8/26/2008 9:21:17 PM

36.gif
2.gif
1.gif

41.gif
3.gif

I feel the same way :) And I like your signin name!

Awww...thanks. I just wish I had been more creative. I would have never guessed I would still be going strong after 3 years
1.gif
I remember MrsS had to explain to me what a "thread" was. I was so clueless!

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
I lurked to find information for my e-ring and then later joined. I stay because I love jewelery and love learning about it as well as talking about all of the wedding stuff. Almost everyone is nice and supportive... although sometimes I do feel a little invisible despite having been here for a year or so.
1.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay, what a great thread.
1.gif

I found PS in September of 2004. I lurked for a while. I had never been a member of an online forum. I was lead to PS while searching for an Eternity band, like the one Jessica Simpson had, shared prong. So I watched and learned a bit. I joined in November of 2004.
I found a great community here. I have made many friends, and have learned a lot. I came from a working retail background in jewelry, high end and all. But the education I got here is priceless.

I have stayed because I like the people here, and enjoy what they have to say. I don't see myself going away any time soon. I don't buy as much as I used to, am kind of done with all of that. But never say never, if it's a piece I love, I will buy it.

I adore the sense of community here. That's a biggie for me. I also love the intereaction we have with experts, appraisers etc...

And we are a FUN bunch!!! I have had more laughs here, than I can count. You all make me smile!!!!
9.gif
9.gif
36.gif
36.gif
Lisa

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Wow. Just took a look at kvetch.
6.gif

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/26/2008 9:38:53 PM
Author: oobiecoo
I lurked to find information for my e-ring and then later joined. I stay because I love jewelery and love learning about it as well as talking about all of the wedding stuff. Almost everyone is nice and supportive... although sometimes I do feel a little invisible despite having been here for a year or so.
1.gif

I feel like that sometimes, too. But then I sit back and say..."Ooooh! Sparkly!"
28.gif

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
Just like I told Rob in his thread - I came here for the diamonds. Because I really love them. Not in a materialistic kind of way, but more in a "Take me to your leader" kind of way. I find them mesmerizing. I love looking at everyone''s different treasures, and I like chiming in if I think that I can help, or make someone smile. Or to connect with someone who might be going through stuff I''m going through. I found it comforting to post about my dog when she died. I''m pretty invisible too, and I''m pretty certain most of what I write probably never gets read, but that''s ok - I just like being here. For me, it *is* a happy place.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think *most* of us feel invisible from time to time. I know I do
1.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/26/2008 10:13:24 PM
1.gif
Yes, I have, even though I am a motor mouth! hehe
1.gif

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
princess, I know
20.gif
I love this forum SO much better.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/26/2008 10:15:27 PM
Author: Skippy123

1.gif
1.gif

Tee Hee Skippy, you KNOW we all love you. And you do not have a motor mouth!!!

Linda, who also loves Tacori
36.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
I came because I love diamonds. My engagement and wedding rings were purchased when I joined but I lurked for a year or so beforehand. I stay because of the people. I can talk about working out, reading, jewelry, etc. with a group of intelligent, thoughtful human beings and so I stay.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/26/2008 10:18:18 PM
Author: Linda W

1.gif
1.gif

36.gif
I love MY Tacori!! Skippy, you are not a motor mouth. I think you both add so much to this forum, and you too Miss Linda. Group hug??
13.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/26/2008 10:18:18 PM

1.gif
1.gif

36.gif
LOL, thanks Linda, love you and Tacori too! hehe

eta: group Hug, Lisa. I will add the emotie for you honey!!! hehe
slider_grouphugg.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I was looking to upgrade my stone and somehow stumbled upon PS. I lurked and lurked for so long, looked at lovely pictures, read many posts and threads.

I then decided to post and was hooked!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
YES a big group hug. Love you too Lisa. I can''t use these cutie icons, my Firefox won''t let me, Boo!!!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/26/2008 10:30:59 PM
Author: diamondfan
I was looking to upgrade my stone and somehow stumbled upon PS. I lurked and lurked for so long, looked at lovely pictures, read many posts and threads.

I then decided to post and was hooked!

And we are SO Glad you are here Caroline. PS would never be the same without you.

Linda

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Yay! Group hug! I want in!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/26/2008 10:31:45 PM
YES a big group hug. Love you too Lisa. I can''t use these cutie icons, my Firefox won''t let me, Boo!!!
Awww, thanks!!! Skipper''s that emotie is sooo dang cute. Love your new thread. Please fly to Philly and install them for me, You know I am beyond help. Plus DF and I can show you a great time!!!
31.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
thanks Linda sweetie!

I still am amazed that I found this site, and that once I got my upgrade I stayed!!!

I am on PS usually daily and could not imagine being away from it for long!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I joined because we remodeled our kitchen and my diamond ring got lost in the remodel.
39.gif
Hubby told me it is time to buy me a ring. I kept thinking it would turn up for months and it never did so I went to the B&M and they were pricey and thought there has to be a vendor on the internet so I did a search and found this forum. I felt overwhelmed with numbers but Regular Guy, Alvis, Kcoursolle and others came to my rescue so I felt confident to buy online.

This wonderful forum helped me through the time my dad was in the hospital and through so many other things and I love the workout thread to help keep me movtivated. I feel lucky to have so many wonderful online friends. I also feel super lucky to have met some in real life; I am blessed
36.gif
Thank you all!!!

eta: thank you Lisa, I will teach you I promise! hehe You aren't beyond help! hehe

etaa: hugs Princess and Iluv!!!

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/26/2008 10:33:47 PM
Author: princesss
Yay! Group hug! I want in!
I''ll hug you princess!
Wait, let me get my step stool!
35.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
I joined to give Mara a hard time.... Just kidding!!!!
I joined to learn everything there is to know about diamonds and almost 5 years later am still learning and have the opportunity to pass on what I learned and maybe even add some data to the diamond knowledge bank.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/26/2008 10:36:36 PM
Author: strmrdr

I joined to learn everything there is to know about diamonds and almost 5 years later am still learning and have the opportunity to pass on what I learned and maybe even add some data to the diamond knowledge bank.

Storm, you are a big help to everyone. You offer a wealth of knowledge. I love reading your posts and also love hearing about wifey2b.

Linda

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock

Dang it my computer sucks. Trying this again.

How did you come across this community?

I knew I was getting a less than 1 carat. I searched for less than 1 carat stones and came across the under 1 carat thread. To be 100% honest, I wasn''t impressed. I spend a lot of time on forums because I''m always in front of the computer and I found PS to be very "antique-ish" The set up seemed old so I stayed away.

What made you join?

As our search became more concrete, I kept coming back to that thread. Then I realized, there were more threads

6.gif
!!! And more rings
6.gif
!!! And *gasp* a place to ask questions
6.gif
!!! And more rings
6.gif
!!! And a LIW section
6.gif
!!! And did I mention, more rings
6.gif
!!! LOL

What has kept you around?

The people.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/26/2008 10:38:32 PM

Date: 8/26/2008 10:36:36 PM
Author: strmrdr

Storm, you are a big help to everyone. You offer a wealth of knowledge. I love reading your posts and also love hearing about wifey2b.

Linda
ditto, you taught me a lot Karl!!! You and Wifey are adorable!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results