shape
carat
color
clarity

Remake turquoise pin into earrings

kimberlyqkim

Shiny_Rock
Here's a small project I am working on. My dad gave me my grandmas turquoise pin because it's my birth stone. I would Not wear it as is because it's just not my taste. I decided if the stones were genuine I would have them reset into earrings.

We didn't know anything about it when I sent it off to an acquaintance who is a jewelry designer in Chicago. She determined the stones are genuine but probably dyed. Since I'm doing this for the sentimental value I decided to proceed.

We are in the sketch stage now. CADs soon. The metal will be gold plated sterling silver to keep the cost down. The drop stones will be detachable so I can wear them different ways. The accent stones will be peridot, emerald and tsav. Still decided if the center stones will be NS or EW. What do you like?
E24C83F3-E80E-4F04-9F7B-671E535D3D73.jpeg 81A37DDD-332C-4DE8-929D-B482D16B8A0D.jpeg 142CB1F0-B3C0-4D5A-8BF2-AD37A67B4C30.jpeg E8EDAEC3-DFD1-4566-8933-DDBDA8255732.jpeg

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This is a sweet idea! I prefer NS, since the middle stones are pears and I'd go crazy deciding which one to put in which ear if they were EW. BTW, the rich greens are pretty with the turquoise!

Any plans for the large stone?

kimberlyqkim

Shiny_Rock
This is a sweet idea! I prefer NS, since the middle stones are pears and I'd go crazy deciding which one to put in which ear if they were EW. BTW, the rich greens are pretty with the turquoise!

Any plans for the large stone?

Great question, I did not even think about whether the center stone would point to my head or away! There will just be that one long/thin one left. Maybe a EW necklace? Something for one of my girls to wear someday?

This project is on pause because the jeweler had a family emergency. I am working w AMT out of Chicago and Alecia is wonderful to work with!

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
The turquoise is so beautiful & i love the dark green stones with it!
I like the ns design

kimberlyqkim

Shiny_Rock
A brief update on this project. I am still working with Alecia at AMT on this, but it has been slow going. We are still working with the original design, and have tried out some different stones. Emeralds, tsavorite, peridot. opal and even amethyst, plus the little gold bars and balls. She sent the first CAD and I did not care for it. I want the design to look more like a unique modern halo. The CAD looked more like a pinwheel. So back to the drawing board, I am hoping to get an updated CAD from her this week. IMG_1893.JPG IMG_1894.JPG IMG_1899 (1).JPG
IMG_1899 (1).JPG

I love the dragonfly, but I also like what you're doing with the reset! I must tell you, as a turquoise collector, while I suspect the stones are likely stabilized, I don't believe they are dyed. The color looks natural to me... they also appear to possibly be kingman (which is an American mine). The pin may have been Native American... did it have a hallmark on the back? Anyway, these are going to be really lovely earrings!! Don't make the sterling/gold too heavy though. You'll thank me!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
while i,loved the dragonfly i think what you have now is wonderful
they look to be a really nice size too

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
A absolutely lovely new iteration, it doesn't get better than that! Enjoy them, they're amazing.

88_star

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Gorgeous remake!! What a set. Statement pieces for sure.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results