shape
carat
color
clarity

Reliable Chicago area jeweler to set a tsavorite?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pierreone

Shiny_Rock
I just bought this tsavorite from Swala and this setting from LOGR to make a ring for my mom. There''s a jeweler nearby that seems to have a good reputation, but I''ve never had any work done by him personally and am a bit nervous. Just wondering if anyone in the Chicago area has recommendations for a jeweler that''s reliable with setting colored stones? Thanks.

p1_tsav_setting.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/26/2009 10:32:45 PM
Author:pierreone
I just bought this tsavorite from Swala and this setting from LOGR to make a ring for my mom. There's a jeweler nearby that seems to have a good reputation, but I've never had any work done by him personally and am a bit nervous. Just wondering if anyone in the Chicago area has recommendations for a jeweler that's reliable with setting colored stones? Thanks.
I use Merry Richards jewelers to set all my stones, and they've set stones for me that are softer than tsavorite. There's one in Glenview and one in Oakbrook.

What a lovely stone and ring. Your mom will be thrilled.

pierreone

Shiny_Rock
TL, thanks. I think I know exactly where the Oakbrook location is. I''ll definitely give them a call.

This may sound blindly stupid, but I''d never seen a tsavorite in real life before buying this. I was very happily surprised when I opened the package. It''s one of the most beautiful colors I''ve ever seen - so green, green, green, and sparkly. Of course, now I''m on the hunt for a tsav of my own!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very cool looking stone! How thoughtful of you.

Please post photos on PS when you get it complete.
21.gif

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
That''s a beautiful tsav!

I get my colored stones set by Windy City Diamonds in Jewelers Row. I''ve also had a few things set by Steve Quick up in Lincoln Park, but SQ is a bit far for me, and I like Windy City better.

pierreone

Shiny_Rock
Thanks guys. I just got the setting in today, so I plopped the stone in to see how it''s going to look. It''s amazing how much bigger it seems in the setting.

p1_tsav_semiset_hand1.jpg

pierreone

Shiny_Rock
I''m going to use the box I got from my Brian Gavin Diamonds project when I give it to my mom at Christmas.

p1_tsav_semiset_box1.jpg

pierreone

Shiny_Rock
Side view

p1_tsav_semiset_profile.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The color is the medium tone I like in tsavorites, and it really pops in that white gold!! I love the setting. Thanks for the pics.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
What a wonderful gift, your mother will be really pleased. Gorgeous ring!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a gorgeous gift! Your mother will be thrilled! What a sweet daughter you are!!!

pierreone

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/26/2009 10:38:51 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover
Date: 11/26/2009 10:32:45 PM

Author:pierreone

I just bought this tsavorite from Swala and this setting from LOGR to make a ring for my mom. There''s a jeweler nearby that seems to have a good reputation, but I''ve never had any work done by him personally and am a bit nervous. Just wondering if anyone in the Chicago area has recommendations for a jeweler that''s reliable with setting colored stones? Thanks.

I use Merry Richards jewelers to set all my stones, and they''ve set stones for me that are softer than tsavorite. There''s one in Glenview and one in Oakbrook.

What a lovely stone and ring. Your mom will be thrilled.

Hey, TL, in case you see this, I took the stone and setting into Merry Richards last night. They seemed very confident that a tsavorite wouldn''t be a problem. I was helped by Richard (I think he''s the owner or co-owner?) and he was great. Without me even asking he spent 20 minutes showing me a lot of his loose colored stones. When he saw my BGD sapphire ring, he pulled out 5-6 custom sapphire rings they''ve just created. Have you ever worked with them on a custom design?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results