shape
carat
color
clarity

Regret not getting a lower color?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/4/2009 7:20:51 PM
Author: Haven
luvthemstrawberries--What a great deal! It sounds like you guys totally lucked out.
I remember your e-ring now, with the swoopy designs in the shank. I love it! It''s very unique.

I have a sneaking suspicion that my ring is a lower color than a G, as it sometimes looks warm to me in certain lighting. I don''t really care, though, because I luuuuurve it, warmth and all!
Thanks Haven! Hehe I luuuuurve mine too. I''m happy with the stone, no matter what it really is.
30.gif
Haha it''s not like anyone in my life knows anything about jewelry though, so no one''s ever even asked me. They just say "oooo pretty!" Hehe, I love PS.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/4/2009 8:12:16 PM
Author: DiamanteBlu
I wished I had used different criteria for my first e-ring. It was a 1.56 carat I VVS1 RB. The color was fine but the clarity was way higher than necessary. I would have preferred a larger stone. This was in 1980 and I had no idea what I was doing as far as diamonds went at the time!
I think you got your larger stone in the long run tho
31.gif

Burk

Ideal_Rock
My ering is an OEC that was sold to us as a K, but appraised as an L and I LOVE it! My OEC earrings are J''s and I kind of wish they were L''s or even M''s! I lover the "warmer" colors (especially for old cuts).

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wouldn''t have minded a little lower in color in exchange for a little bit bigger of a diamond!

I have a radiant, though, so I wouldn''t have wanted to go much lower than what I got (a G) because that cut shows a lot of color.

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I really like my stone which is I color with med. blue fluorescence. I''d probably stick with I the next time too, but maybe drop down to an eye-clean SI 2.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/4/2009 2:15:28 PM
Author: elle_chris

Date: 3/4/2009 1:38:59 PM
Author: fleur-de-lis
My engagement ring is an E, and because I am very color-sensitive I feel very fortunate to have been able to be given such a beautiful stone and have no regrets and would choose an E again today, but... I have to admit that I almost literally swooned in my seat when I realized that we could have gone to a touch over 5 carats had we considered J color.
6.gif
link to thread with pics please. Don''t believe I''ve ever seen yours.
Ditto. Pretty please?

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/4/2009 7:53:21 PM
Author: Chrono
I am aware of colour but am not bothered by it. I like it ''cool'' for step cuts and fancies, but like them ''warm'' for rounds and antiques.
I feel the same way as this, although I''ve seen J emerald cuts IRL and thought they were fabulous, so I guess it''s really all about the individual stones.

When I bought my engagement ring, I got an I and had no problem with the color what-so-ever. But the cut wasn''t great. When I had it recut and recerted, it got graded an H. It really and truly does look a LOT whiter now, I''m wondering if there happened to be more color in an area that got cut away? Anyway, I don''t really have any regrets on the color because I think my stone is stunning, but I do now know that I also LOVE warmth. The videos from wink and GOG have convinced me I NEED something in the K-O range and SOON!!
31.gif
And with older cuts, no color is too much!

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
i don''t regret getting a lower color at all. my ering is a D as is my pendant and earrings. i would not change any of it, not even if i was able to get a larger stone.

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Not at all, at the time I could have gone just over 2ct J for a little less then what we paid for mine. After purchasign and before it was sent to LM I was almost tempted to drop the colour and clarity a little to get the same size diamond and get a second slightly smaller cushion as well but FI and I had already fell in love with her and felt she was meant to be mine so I am happy with what we decided.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/4/2009 9:04:45 PM
Author: ckrickett

I wished I had used different criteria for my first e-ring. It was a 1.56 carat I VVS1 RB. The color was fine but the clarity was way higher than necessary. I would have preferred a larger stone. This was in 1980 and I had no idea what I was doing as far as diamonds went at the time!
31.gif
I think this should say "stones", he he!
9.gif

LOVE yr rings, DB.
30.gif
30.gif

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes and no.

My original e-ring and fith wedding anni. ring, at G VVS1 (both are just over 1ct each) are OTT, particularly as far as clarity is concerned, but both of these were pre-PS
7.gif
. I love them for sentimental reasons but wish we could have gone larger. Now, these have been re-set into earrings and I really wouldn't have minded H or even I colour VS or Si1/2 (eye-clean) to get 2 carat each instead.

I love my upgraded e-ring at F VS2. I'm soooo glad I didn't get VVS, because this afforded me the chance to get the 3ct! I've had fleeting thoughts that I should have gone for a G or even an H to get a 4ct or even 5ct, but I love that it is so icy white. Having said that though, I wouldn't rule out upgrading to a 4 or 4.5ct G colour at some point in the future, esp if it has medium-strong blue fluor. Then it'd look just as white as my current ering!
3.gif
1.gif

Both my RHR have stones that are H and I love that I was able to get the size I wanted with the colour H, particularly for the pear.

I have earrings at K colour (ACA's) and whilst the cut is great, the warmth of the K in this size (3.444cttw) does bother me. I guess I'm fairly colour sensitive. If and when we can afford to upgrade, I'd like to go to J (but I think for earrings and pendants, my sweet spot is I, which is not likely to happen any time soon!
4.gif
).

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
I wanted my RB solitaire in the colourless range (upgrade e-ring) so went F.

I feel happy with this, I did view a larger G, but decided a smaller F (not so small, for me, at 1.1) was the sweet spot. I guess my circumstances, including social circle, meant that size in itself was not necessarily the overwhelming thing though for this particular purchase.

Regional Australians are a bit more ''under the radar'' it seems, but perhaps now that I''ve ''broken the ice'', I might feel more comfortable looking at larger diamonds in the future! Perhaps a dream ring would be E/F VS2 1.35

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/5/2009 3:57:07 AM
Author: Phoenix

Date: 3/4/2009 9:04:45 PM
Author: ckrickett

31.gif
I think this should say ''stones'', he he!
9.gif

LOVE yr rings, DB.
30.gif
30.gif
How could I have forgotten that.
6.gif

DB and Pheonix definately have some drool worthy collections!
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results