shape
carat
color
clarity

Registry Regrets?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

katamari

Ideal_Rock
For me, my biggest concern was getting trendy things that would look dated in a few years. Especially with dishes and glassware. Even though I like them now, I know I would have regretted registering for square plates.

We were really good, I think, to only ask for items we really needed or would use. I would have regretted having people spend money on things we truly didn''t need, so I feel lucky to not have to deal with it.

I am glad we didn''t get a stand mixer. My mother added it to our registry because an aunt wanted to buy a big-ticket item. Luckily she didn''t end up getting it for us. I have never baked and never intend to, so it would have been wasteful and taken up too much valuable counter space in our kitchen. I also hate fad appliances for the same small-kitchen reason, and I am glad we didn''t ask for (or get) any of those.

I love having serving dishes. DH loves having a Drimmel. The cats love having a down comforter.

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/20/2010 12:46:44 AM
Author: MonkeyPants
sorry to thread jack, but reading the responses makes me think that you generally can''t return the items for cash or store credit. Is this true? Fi and I have pretty much everything we need for our home. We live together and don''t really want much else but felt obligated to register for lots of items at different price points. Will I end up with a bunch of stuff in storage?

Everywhere we registered allowed you to return for store credit. I think this is true of all places that offer registry. I think the problem most have is that people get you random stuff that you cannot identify where it came from to return it or wasn''t from the registry, so you have no grounds to prove it was purchased. I don''t think there is a way to avoid those purchases.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/23/2010 12:48:17 PM
Author: katamari
For me, my biggest concern was getting trendy things that would look dated in a few years. Especially with dishes and glassware. Even though I like them now, I know I would have regretted registering for square plates.

We were really good, I think, to only ask for items we really needed or would use. I would have regretted having people spend money on things we truly didn''t need, so I feel lucky to not have to deal with it.

I am glad we didn''t get a stand mixer. My mother added it to our registry because an aunt wanted to buy a big-ticket item. Luckily she didn''t end up getting it for us. I have never baked and never intend to, so it would have been wasteful and taken up too much valuable counter space in our kitchen. I also hate fad appliances for the same small-kitchen reason, and I am glad we didn''t ask for (or get) any of those.

I love having serving dishes. DH loves having a Drimmel. The cats love having a down comforter.
Heehee. Did you call it "Down Comforter for the Cats" on the registry?
2.gif

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/23/2010 5:28:06 PM
Author: elrohwen
Date: 2/23/2010 12:48:17 PM

Author: katamari

Heehee. Did you call it ''Down Comforter for the Cats'' on the registry?
2.gif

Ha! That would be awesome. Our cats are obsessed with our down comforter as well.

Yimmers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love our Alpico plateware, too bad our current dishwasher doesn''t fit the dishes (they''re not really oversized or anything, or dishwasher is small.
29.gif

Being from Asian families, cash is often given, which helped us purchase some items and pay for the honeymoon.

Regrets? I let honey have the scanner at CB, so he went overboard with all this bar glassware. We didn''t realize this until our friend bought all of it. Literally, 5 sets of different glasses, shot glasses, cordials...you name it! We have no space for it all. Honestly, did we need 40 glasses? Are we planning on having our guests be that drunk, lol!
6.gif

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
Yimers-YIKES! That is a lot of barware for sure!

dcgator

Brilliant_Rock
We were living together before marriage and both had stuff, but we used the registry to get nice kitchen things and china/crystal. We don''t have any regrets, but I would recommend some of the things the we LOVE:

- New knive set (Shun knives from Williams and Sonoma, and they ROCK!)
- New pots & pans (we went with the non-stick set of All-Clad)
- 500 thread count sheets
- The Dyson Ball (great esp for animal fur)
- Some nice casual dinner ware

I thoroughly agree with a pp that if "you or your DH enjoy cooking, it''s really a great opportunity to upgrade your kitchen ware & then donate your old stuff."

We also registered for a bunch of china and got most of it. I think its a nice staple to have later in life, but right now, it''s just stored in the top of our closet. We also got a few pieces of crystal, including some pretty vases and picture frames. That kind of stuff I would never buy for myself, but now that I have it, I think its great to have around the house.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results