shape
carat
color
clarity

Registry Gifts coming in - advice please?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

galvana

Brilliant_Rock
I didn''t want to thread jack on Hudson''s thread so here is my question.
My shower is next month and im stalking my registry! bad bad i know.
but the gifts that some people have got are being sent to our home already! arrived today.
\
Does that mean they are not coming to the shower?
should I send them a thank you now? or wait til after the showe to be SURE they aren''t coming?
i dont know what to do!

Im excited but want to be sure i do the right thing. tx!
3.gif

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/22/2009 10:53:43 PM
Author:iloveprincesscuts
I didn't want to thread jack on Hudson's thread so here is my question.
but the gifts that some people have got are being sent to our home already! arrived today.

should I send them a thank you now? or wait til after the showe to be SURE they aren't coming?
i dont know what to do!

3.gif
Two thank-yous, maybe? One now for the gift, and one later thanking them for coming.

ETA: I asked a similar Q on the registry thread for wedding gifts. I've decided to do two thank-yous, the only thing I dont know is when to stop the first thank-you and just send the second one post-wedding!

Blair138

Brilliant_Rock
I believe that etiquette dictates that you send out thank you''s as you receive gifts. I believe also sending out a thank you for coming to the shower is nice and acceptable as well.

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
I think the two notes is a good idea. Because technically you''re supposed to thank as you receive. So I would say, the first one is to cover your bases in case they don''t come, and the second is just polite.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/22/2009 10:53:43 PM
Author:iloveprincesscuts
I didn''t want to thread jack on Hudson''s thread so here is my question.

\n

should I send them a thank you now? or wait til after the showe to be SURE they aren''t coming?

i dont know what to do!

3.gif

Aww you''re sweet! For the record, I could care less if people hijack my threads. Conversations IRL naturally turn in different directions and if a discussion gets going, who cares where it goes?

I wouldn''t assume that gifts arriving mean someone isn''t coming to the shower. If they''re traveling, they may not want to haul it with them. Also, they may not have a store where you''re registered near them and so they ordered online. If I ordered online, I''d have it sent to the person''s home as opposed to myself. It''s just easier that way. I would also open the gift and write the TY note immediately (one less to do in a few weeks!!). If you can, find out from the person organizing the shower whether or not the person who sent the gift has RSVP''d no. Then you can write your note appropriately.

galvana

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Hudson and everyone!
the wedding is really getting close now, gifts are coming, details are getting finalized, ahhhhh!
32.gif
19.gif
23.gif
36.gif
26.gif

Im Alll over the place!

thank god for this site - LOL
36.gif

dcgator

Brilliant_Rock
Another thought, IMHO, I would wait until the shower. If you are having an OOT wedding or lots of people are traveling, they may send the present in advance. I just had my bridal showers last week (divorced parents=2 showers) and had a good number of people send gifts ahead of time, since I was having the showers in FL and I am in DC. At the shower, people still presented me with actual cards and then little gift cards that said what they had sent.

I didn''t think it would be appropriate to send a thank you before, and then not after the shower, even though they sent the gift before the shower. I know etiquette dictates sending a TY note ASAP and w/in two weeks, but I thought it get awkward with such a situation.

So, if you know the person is going to the shower, I would just wait until the shower to send a TY note, just like you would for people who hand-delivered their gift.

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
I would wait until after the shower too. Same thing happened to me. We got shower gifts before the wedding, and I didn't feel right sending a thank you before the shower because you aren't supposed to open them until the party. I think just one thank you note saying thanks for the gift, and thanks for coming (if they came) would be appropriate. 2 thank yous seem like a lot in my opinion! Heck, I'm just happy to get A thank you note. I can't tell you how many weddings I've been to where we NEVER got a thank you note!

ETA: I mean 2 thank yous for a shower. Not 2 thank yous for wedding in general. People should absolutely send a thank you for shower gift AND thank you for wedding gift.

galvana

Brilliant_Rock
ok so wait til AFTER the shower and then send thank you''s to everyone i got a gift from thus far.??? yes?

dcgator

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/23/2009 11:43:57 AM
Author: iloveprincesscuts
ok so wait til AFTER the shower and then send thank you''s to everyone i got a gift from thus far.??? yes?
Correct, I would wait until AFTER the shower to either "thank them for coming and the gift..." or "sorry to not see you but thank you for the gift..."

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results