shape
carat
color
clarity

Regina''s Christmas Ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Ok I have a lot to say about this project, but below I will add the description from an email I sent Ray Elsey from Tradeshop:

I wanted a bold, but elegant piece for Regina that focused on simplicity to accent her beautiful sapphire and the artistry of fine engraving to accent the band. I would like the center stone to be mounted in the bezel set style horizontally as depicted in the collage. I want you to create a simple, but elegant piece with the focus being on the fine antique engraving to bring out the elegant lines and bold look which I think this ring will possess. In short summary, the same ring as depicted in the same style with the same style engraving which is shown on a ring which I outlined off your site. I think with your talents this piece can be simplistic with the aspect of only having one stone with the flare of Homer’s concave faceting, along with the beautiful antiquity of the fine engraving.

I purchased a sapphire from Richard Homer, who I have worked with in the past...

I''ll start with posting pic''s first...
35.gif

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Here''s the sapphire...

HOMERSAPPHIREDESCRIPTION.JPG

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Here''s the style of bezel head I wanted for her ring followed by the general style of the ring in the 2nd picture profile...

RINGSETTING1.JPG

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Profile....

RINGSETTING2.JPG

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Here''s the style of antique engraving.....

RINGENGRAVING.JPG

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Here''s the wax so far..The ring has been casts and is waiting for their engraver Jerome to finish the piece...

RINGSETTINGWAXS.JPG

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
In the next couple postings I will describe my experiences with everyone involved thus far...
21.gif

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Working with Richard Homer:

Richard was a pleasure to deal with from the beginning of the purchasing process to the end. I contacted Richard in the end of November with a quote on a stone I was interested in. I spoke with him on the phone and Richard informed me the initial stone I was interested in was sold, but 1 hour later emailed me a spreadsheet of available stones and pictures which he hadn’t posted to his site yet. I choose the sapphire pictured earlier which he sent same day air to Ray Elsey at Tradeshop. My impression was that Richard is the consummate professional and very polite with a passion for his work and was a friendly businessman. Upon deciding on the sapphire Richard gave me an additional 10% off my purchase for the sapphire which I was very happy about because it saved me around $160.00.

THUMBS Up..
36.gif

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Working with Ray Elsey: (so far)

I initially spoke with Ray about this ring before inquiring about the sapphire purchase. I sent Ray 2 emails which I had no response to. I called and Ray informed me his site had been down and he was working to get his server back up. I told Ray I would print out my ideas and send them to him fed-ex to avoid any delay. It was late november and I inquired if there would be a problem having this ring done by Christmas. Ray assured me there would not be a problem at all. I asked Ray if he responded to emails because 2 years ago I had another ring project for Regina in mind and had emailed him several times receiving no response. Ray's answer was "One of my big downfalls is that I am not always a good businessman in reference to answering all my emails" I was a little concerned, but appreciated his total honesty about the matter.

Don't get me wrong I hope I am not being too nit picky here, but I feel obligated to write the good and the bad along with whoever I deal with. Not a strike against Ray, just a concern in general.

Everything seemed to be in order with Ray and now I was dealing with ray's associate Duane. Upon making payment I received a prompt email from Duane with his comments on the stone and how long it would take to get me pictures of the initial wax.

Later that week I received pictures of the wax and approved them and was told my ring would be done with the casting early the following week.

On Friday I had not heard any word after about a week from Duane so I called and asked how the project was coming. Duane stated the ring was cast and needed to be engraved. I asked when he thought the ring would be done and Duane said sometime after the holidays.

Well I was really dissatisfied with that answer and pictured Regina CHRISTMAS MORNING WITH EMPTY HANDS. Duane said he would email Jerome but it was up to Jerome on what he could do within a set time frame or not. I was a little pissed and let Duane know i was assured by Ray that a Christmas delivery date was not going to be a problem. Duane said he would get back to me by the end of the day with the bank wire information and any insight from Jerome on getting this done earlier. I let Duane know my schedule and when i needed this info because of the time difference and being that it was Friday.

Well I received no email or phone call by the end of the day so I phoned Duane inquiring about the info and he stated he had not sent it and was very apologetic. Duane also talked to Jerome their engraver and stated the ring would be done Tuesday which put things back on schedule.

Thus far I am happy that the ring progress is going forward and will be delivered as promised, but am also a little dissappointed at the lack of organization and communication between Ray and Duane.

In my heart I know the ring will turn out lovely which is my bottom line, but I will think twice if using them again for the lack of organization and communication...

Call me a hardas*, but when your running a business I think organization and communication are the basics in customer service. I know Ray has satisfied many people, but i think thus far in my experience the road has been a little bumpy...

This is all for now but will be posting more on the final pic's and the arrival of the ring..

I look forward to everyone's insight...
37.gif

just_looking!

Brilliant_Rock
Really looking forward to seeing the finished product! It looks like it''s going to be lovely...........
3.gif

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
It looks as if it''s going to be a beautiful ring Josh. Thanks for all the info on the process. I agree that it is useful for others to hear the straight scoop.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nice stuff!

I could have never guessed "6/4" looking at those sapphire pictures, you can be sure of that one
2.gif

Can''t wait to see the finished piece.

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Oh, Josh, that is going to be simply gorgeous. I really can''t wait to see it completed. Congrats on such a beautiful choice. She''s one lucky lady.

Shay

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 12/19/2004 12:26:52 PM
Author: valeria101
Nice stuff!

I could have never guessed ''6/4'' looking at those sapphire pictures, you can be sure of that one
2.gif

Can''t wait to see the finished piece.
Thanks for the compliments so far everyone..
21.gif

Ana I am banking on this stone being a beauty. I have not held it in my hands, but pictures hardly do most gems justice...
9.gif

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Wow--this will be awesome!
36.gif
1.gif
3.gif

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Well, I think the ring turned out great. The next 4 pic''s are of the ring and close up shot of the engraving.

Looking forward to everyones thought''s...

joshdone1.JPG

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade

joshdone2.JPG

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade

joshdone3.JPG

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade

joshdone4.JPG

MrsFrk

Brilliant_Rock
Great Caesar''s Ghost!!! Oh my word, I am such a sapphire fanatic, the stone is just scrumptious, and the engraving is beautiful. A gorgeous, gorgeous ring. What a lucky gal Regina is.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Wow! You know, it came out exactly as you articulated it. Bold style but with an antique touch. it is a beautiful sapphire, you thoughful, thoughtful guy! :)

IceFind

Rough_Rock
Wow Josh-This is an amazing ring and the engraving is one of a kind. The sapphire Mr. Homer cut is stunningly beautiful. She will love this ring..
37.gif
Merry Christmas..

Jared
35.gif

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Wow--what beautiful, intricate detailing and vibrant stone...This is a stunning, one-of-a-kind piece she will treasure forever.
30.gif
1.gif
Congrats & Merry Christmas!
1.gif

icelady

Brilliant_Rock
Simply stunning! I love the east to west way you had the stone set! VERY pretty!
36.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Wow- it came out beautifully. How special.
Love those sapphires.

Did you hear me fall out of my chair? That ring is so pretty that it knocked me flat out of my seat!!!

You''re an incredible artist - it''s beautiful!!!!

Mary

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Awesome ring Josh!!!

Always tell it the way it is and let the chips fall where they may.
It is sad when someone capible of that level of awesome work is laking in other areas to make the experence less than top notch.
But it is also something that has to considered and not brushed away.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Josh
You did an amazing job on the ring!! It''s just gorgeous!! Regina''s a lucky lady!!
1.gif

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
That is a stunning ring! got any hand pics yet?
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results