shape
carat
color
clarity

Regents

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Are Regent cut stones around the same price per carat as H&A? Does anyone have any info?

Thanks,
Michelle

diane5006

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Michelle...from what I gather Regents about the same as RB ideal H&A...costwise...but they are the only modified square with H&A...

There aren't a lot of them around yet...not like RB or Princess

I am sitting here typing this and watching the little rainbows on my wall (which is 3 feet away) my Regent is shooting out...

These BABIES ROCK !!!!

10.gif

tomatoe

Brilliant_Rock
not sure about price per carat but some of the 0.67- 0.83ct regents are in the US$3700 range

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes I asked Rhino recently on costs and he said a good ballpark is around H&A pricing for RB's...however I didn't get a chance to follow up and ask him if that was for the similar carat weights.

Because say a 1c RB H&A is $6k and the diameter is 6.5mm. A 1c Regent may have a diameter of around 6mm --is it still going to be $6k? Seems like the price should go down for less diameter!
1.gif
But maybe not. Anyone know? Rhino?!
1.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ah, you loose .5 in diameter for one carat!?! Yikes! Okay, good to know. I've yet to see a Regent in person, but just am mesmorized by what I've seen here on the computer screen. I'm thinking .8-.9 CTW earrings
1.gif
I may still go with RBs, especially if they look bigger!

Michelle

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
That was just an estimate--I think it depends on the cut of the stone.

For example on GOG there is a 1.0c that has a diameter of 6.15mm and there is also a 1.01 that has a diameter of 6mm. One is probably deeper or thicker girdle etc. So even though the cuts are probably spectacular either way since it seems that Regents are cut similarly--I would definitely try to maximize that diameter to get the most bang for your buck!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results