shape
carat
color
clarity
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. PriceScope Upgrade Completed
    For issues, questions and comments click the link below
    https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/pricescope-upgraded-comments-and-issues.229551/

Dismiss Notice

Regents vs. Round Brilliants

Discussion in 'RockyTalky' started by northstar_78, May 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. northstar_78
    Shiny_Rock

by northstar_78 » May 7, 2005
    How do they compare in "size" appearance vs. a round brilliant? I''ve always heard that square stones appear larger when viewed from the top. Is that a correct statement? Any pics of regents side-by-side with rounds? I''ve got to admit that the Jubilees are lovely but I think the Regents appeal to me more.

2. moremoremore
    Ideal_Rock

by moremoremore » May 7, 2005
    The regent looks round when set. For that reason, I''d go with the round. They have a better depth and larger spread for the same look.

3. valeria101
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by valeria101 » May 8, 2005
    That argument has something to do with the pointy corners of the princess cut... the Regent does not have them. Not sure what that mantra means - if you have a small list of diamonds to choose from, it is easy enough to check their size and spread based on GIA numbers. No need to reffer to some illusive "average" touted by an add. [​IMG]

Small regents look like roudish cushions to me. Mara has one ( a pendant 40 points or so ), perhaps she would care to volunteer impressions.

Between a round and a regent of the same weight, the round will most likely be larger (Regents are cut deeper) but... they are different and there are plenty of reasons to prefer them. [​IMG]

Jonathan has a whole page comparing regents and princess cuts. Definitely worth reading IMO, if you have not already.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.