shape
carat
color
clarity

Regents, Cushions, or Square Cushions H&A?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Morticia

Brilliant_Rock
I am slowly learning about diamonds. Before coming to this site, all I really looked at was the 4C''s (focusing mainly on color and clarity, which I''m learning more about from this site). Now, I''m seeing stuff about tables, depth, etc...
6.gif
Makes my head spin, b/c obviously, I want something nice and worth what my BF is going to spend. He and I have talked marriage and he has asked me to "mark" what I like so he has an idea.... I am a big fan of cushion cut diamonds, but then I saw the Regents and am now torn.... The Regents look cushion-y to me, which I love, and seems to have more brillance and sparkle? Is that right? Any pros and cons from the diamonds I mentioned above? Thanks for your help!
wavey.gif

reena

Ideal_Rock
i too had trouble deciding between those cuts during my own stone search (i ended up with a modern cushion brilliant). i haven't seen a regent in person but they look just
love.gif
love.gif
in the pics i've seen. i ultimately decided, tho, that the regent appears too round for my tastes--especially when set, because the prongs can cover up the squared-off corners. (i personally like a more "square" looking stone.) jubilees are also gorgeous and, to my eye, more square than the regent, but i hear they can be tough to find in higher carat weights. plus, i believe that jubilees and regents carry something of a premium over a regular ole cushion brill--same with H&A squares, probably even more so for those. that would have been fine had i liked the look of the other stones better, but i ultimately decided that a classic cushion cut was where my heart was. /idealbb/images/smilies/1.gif

have you checked out goodoldgold.com? they carry all of those cuts and i think have pictures and descriptions of them on their site. good luck!

fancyrock

Brilliant_Rock
Here is a regent...

regent_diamond[1].jpg

fancyrock

Brilliant_Rock
here is cushion...

They are very close, aren't they...
9.gif
tough choise!!

cushion cut.gif

fancyrock

Brilliant_Rock
comparing jubilee and round... I think I just might like jubilee!!
love.gif

jubilee and round.jpg

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade

----------------
On 9/30/2004 4:40:28 PM firerock wrote:

Here is a regent...
----------------

Actually that is not "a regent" that is "the Regent". The stone upon which the newer brand was named after is pictured here. I beleive Morticia is referring to the brand as opposed to the historical Regent.

/idealbb/files/regentpic.jpg

Morticia

Brilliant_Rock
Yes! I checked out Good Old Gold and that is where I saw the Regents and fell in love!
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif
When my BF and I go places to check out stones, I definitely want to go there and to see the other gentleman you recommended, Reena. I love your cushion.

Thanks for your help,

Andrea

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Call this "compulsive picture posting"... this one does belong on this thread though
1.gif

QoHJbRtII.JPG

diane5006

Brilliant_Rock
REgents ROCK...they are cushier than Jubilee or QOH (which are nice as well)

there is a thread in the show me the ring forum that has pics of Regents set...I will bump it up for you

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Nice pic showing all 3 Val.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results