shape
carat
color
clarity

Regent Diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

newbie007

Rough_Rock
Recently spotted "Regent" stones on a site. Any information or list of sites that may carry these stones? Are these same as HOF "Dream" cut?

bingbongbug

Rough_Rock
The HOF Dream is a flanders cut. The regent is closer to a cushion cut, but it isn't quite that either.

I don't know who all is carrying them, I just know so far that Jonathan at Goodoldgold is.

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Greetings folks,

Just a few corrections.

HoF Dream is not the same as a Flanders. There are similarities between the 2 but there are also distinct differences. When we look at diamonds there are 2 internal aspects we grade on the cut and analyse inparticular.

1. Light return vs light leakage
2. Internal or 3 dimensional symmetry.

Both Flanders & Dream & for that matter Regent can have equally beautiful light return or overall brilliancy although the Regent and the Dream will exhibit this more consistently. Why?

The Regent and the Dream have better internal symmetry than the Flanders as it is what might be considered more chaotic (that's not necessarily a bad thing though if it's light return is outstanding). Better internal symmetry when cut to the right combination of crown/pavilion/table will always produce what most would consider, the more attractive stone.

The Dreams I've seen (even though I've only seen very limited stones) were H&A's and had fire and brilliancy that was outstanding even moreso than most squares I come in contact with except the Regent. The Regent is the only other H&A square type stone that I know of to date and exhibits the same incredible fire as the HoF dream but at a fraction of the cost. If you look in our "New Stones being scanned section" on the "For Sale" page you can view the results of some stones I've recently purchased for stock (still in the process of scanning in all the results).

As of now there are only 2 distributors of the Regent I know of and one of us has purchased most of the higher quality Regent inventory for stock. ;-) Unfortunately there are no stones over the 1ct mark worth mentioning but there are some real cherries under the 1ct range.

If you have any other questions I'll do my best to answer.

Kind regards,
Rhino

bingbongbug

Rough_Rock
Now my interest is piqued.

If the Dream is not a flanders because it has better symmetry than a Flanders, what is the difference between an AGS ideal-symmetry Dream and an AGS ideal-symmetry Flanders?

Or is it just the consistency that matters? I always thought Dream was a Flanders that was held up to high standards in regard to cut, polish, and symmetry. There must be some other way the two types of stones are different, because a brand selling only the highest-quality branded rounds is still selling rounds, even though most rounds don't meet their standards.

I've seen the Dream, and it was hands-down the most beautiful square I've seen in person. When I see a picture of a high-quality Flanders, though, the cut on the stone looks the same, from what I can see. So how are they different? :confused:

Thanks for the info, look forward to hearing the answer to my little puzzle. :)

bman

Rough_Rock
I just purchased a pair of Regent cut diamond studs for my wife for Christmas and they are "off the hook." I have looked at ideal cut rounds, Leo diamonds,Hof and the Regent will hold it's own with any of them.

Regards,Bman :twirl:

Sierra Nevada

Rough_Rock
bman,
Do you have a picture you could post of these earrings? They sound so interesting, I would love to see what this cut looks like in a setting.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results