shape
carat
color
clarity

Regent Cut?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

PaulaW

Brilliant_Rock
Hi guys!
wavey.gif
Newbie here - wanted to say thanks for all of the valuable info! From links on this site, I''ve checked out SuperbCuts and Gold Old Gold and am very impressed with them both. On to my question:
I''ve always loved princess cuts and thought that''s what I wanted for my engagement ring -- princess center stone set in platinum with either pear or trillion side stones. While reading through many of the posts here, I''ve come to understand that well cut princesses are hard to come by and they also appear smaller than similar sized radiants - so it got me thinking. I''ve found a regent cut on Good Old Gold''s site that I really like, but know nothing about them nor have I seen them anywhere else. Any thoughts on them? Any advice on another cut I may like? I''m not to keen on Aschers or emeralds but am open to suggestions.
Thanks in advance!

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Have you seen Spring Cut, Flanders' Brilliant and Lucere'??? These are all very good looking cuts!

ociopia

Rough_Rock
I have a Regent which I recently got from GOG. It is a 1.15 carat, I color, I1 clarity and quite lovely. I also have a Princess, .71 carat, F color, I1 clarity. I took photos of the two of them together yesterday and I will post them so you can see the difference. I posted a long post on this forum several days ago about my regent - you might find it and look at what I said.

One thing for sure - it is not a hard square. Not the kind of "hard, elegant, square" that a princess, radiant or emerald is. Nor are the corners cut off like a flanders or asscher. All the cuts I've mentioned are "a bit to very" geometic.

The regent has its own unique look. It is a soft square that feels like a round brilliant because of all the facets above the crown. To my eye, it is not modern looking, but harkens to an older, rather soft look, yet it sparkles with incredible brilliance - so it is actually a fascinating contradiction - like many interesting women!

Hope this helps. I always forget to attach photos first - so three will follow.

Best of luck,

ociopia

Rough_Rock
Photo of princess and regent.

color.JPG

ociopia

Rough_Rock
2nd photo.

sparkle.JPG

ociopia

Rough_Rock
3rd of two stones.

white light.JPG

PaulaW

Brilliant_Rock
Oh they are both just gorgeous!! Thank you so much for posting the pictures. I think I have narrowed it down to the princess, radiant, and regent cuts, but I have a heckuva decision between them! Your post was very helpful and I'll do a search for your other regent post. Thanks again!
Giangi - thanks to you also, you were a big help as well!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results