shape
carat
color
clarity

Refurbished Bar-set Eternity and Stacking Question

bright&shiny

Brilliant_Rock
My ailing eternity band has been re-built! It looks fantastic and I'm thrilled to have it back especially since my new ER outfit isn't ready yet. However, to avoid the damage that was done to my original ER, I need to use a spacer. The stacks that follow include my existing wedding band and eternity band and then one of the two stackers I'm considering. Then, their sample ER ring (mine is a POH, so square shaped and not round) that is being customized for me (platinum basket for my stone. Which of the two stackers do you prefer? I'm looking for a change in texture - and am not interested in trying to match the stone sizes of the wedding band or new ER band to come. Any thoughts? I'm preferring the marquis and round at the moment, but before that I was completely smitten with the alternating gold dob and round diamond one. Pics below:

Eternity in its refurbished home!

tempImagexXUi0k.png

Stack with the alternating round gold and round diamonds mele:
tempImagevLPpJE.png

Stack with the alternating marquis and rounds:
tempImageNdJBOt.png

Stack with both (out of my budget at the moment, but something to consider for an upcoming special day....

tempImageHw7d1W.png

Thanks for looking - and I'd love some help moving off center, so I welcome your opinions :) Thanks for looking!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely reset! I prefer the first stack you have posted - my eye is totally drawn to it!

bright&shiny

Brilliant_Rock
My ailing eternity band has been re-built! It looks fantastic and I'm thrilled to have it back especially since my new ER outfit isn't ready yet. However, to avoid the damage that was done to my original ER, I need to use a spacer. The stacks that follow include my existing wedding band and eternity band and then one of the two stackers I'm considering. Then, their sample ER ring (mine is a POH, so square shaped and not round) that is being customized for me (platinum basket for my stone. Which of the two stackers do you prefer? I'm looking for a change in texture - and am not interested in trying to match the stone sizes of the wedding band or new ER band to come. Any thoughts? I'm preferring the marquis and round at the moment, but before that I was completely smitten with the alternating gold dob and round diamond one. Pics below:

Eternity in its refurbished home!

tempImagexXUi0k.png

Stack with the alternating round gold and round diamonds mele:
tempImagevLPpJE.png

Stack with the alternating marquis and rounds:
tempImageNdJBOt.png

Stack with both (out of my budget at the moment, but something to consider for an upcoming special day....

tempImageHw7d1W.png

Thanks for looking - and I'd love some help moving off center, so I welcome your opinions :) Thanks for looking!

@oncrutchesrightnow , I often see your PS name and wonder if you are still on crutches? I’m going on 3 years with mine, so your name always catches my attention. It’s really none of my business, so no obligation or offense intended, but I always wonder when I see your contributions :)

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
@oncrutchesrightnow , I often see your PS name and wonder if you are still on crutches? I’m going on 3 years with mine, so your name always catches my attention. It’s really none of my business, so no obligation or offense intended, but I always wonder when I see your contributions :)

So sorry to hear of your situation!

I am off crutches. Back in 2006 I had knee surgery and had nothing to do. It was the glory days of message boards, and I like jewelry, so I joined PS. Then the knee healed and I got a job that didn’t leave time for message boards so I wasn’t around much. Now I have a less stressful life and a little bit (not a huge amount!) of spending money, so I started hanging out here again.

bright&shiny

Brilliant_Rock
So sorry to hear of your situation!

I am off crutches. Back in 2006 I had knee surgery and had nothing to do. It was the glory days of message boards, and I like jewelry, so I joined PS. Then the knee healed and I got a job that didn’t leave time for message boards so I wasn’t around much. Now I have a less stressful life and a little bit (not a huge amount!) of spending money, so I started hanging out here again.

Well, so glad to hear you have healed up and also that you are back here! :)

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the alternating gold dob and diamond one with the marquise one.

As for the eternity - I'd wear it as a right hand ring because it's KILLER and I'd want it to shine.

Can I ask you about it? Would you share the size of the diamonds in it and your finger size? It's one GORGEOUS ring! And can I ask who re-habbed it? Because they did one beautiful job!

Whatever you decide - congratulations on your beautiful new pieces!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the first stack or like what @mrs-b said, gold blobs and marquise band with bar set band on other hand.

I do not care for the bar-set and marquise together because of the height difference but for some reason (?)
the height difference on the gold blob band and the bar-set band doesn't bother me...go figure:roll2:

bright&shiny

Brilliant_Rock
Lovely reset! I prefer the first stack you have posted - my eye is totally drawn to it!

@Ally T thank you - I'm so annoyed with myself for being on the fence - and I'm grateful for your opinion! I also wish I had a simple band that I could use in the meantime.... Lol Time to go digging in the places where my jewelry hides :)

bright&shiny

Brilliant_Rock
I like the alternating gold dob and diamond one with the marquise one.

As for the eternity - I'd wear it as a right hand ring because it's KILLER and I'd want it to shine.

Can I ask you about it? Would you share the size of the diamonds in it and your finger size? It's one GORGEOUS ring! And can I ask who re-habbed it? Because they did one beautiful job!

Whatever you decide - congratulations on your beautiful new pieces!

Dear @mrs-b - I consider that high praise coming from you (I wish we had a blushing emoji)! The eternity band is a fantastic piece and I feel very fortunate to have it. Unfortunately is too big to wear alone as a RHR (it always has been). However, if I were to travel down that road....I could use a smaller band plain to 'hold' it onto my RH finger. That's definitely worth considering. Or perhaps a sizing bump, but am not sure the construction would allow it without blocking the back of a stone (a no go for me and proper cleaning). I'll have to ask. That would solve the whole problem!

Here are the ring stats: 18k gold, 15 rounds, 3.75 cow. G-h vs clarity (I actually can't see anything in most of them when using a loupe). The ring was already constructed, and though I was concerned about not selecting them individually, their performance was undeniable. They have a nice balance of flash and white, sparkle like crazy, and generally make me very happy. It's like a crystal chandler on airplanes!

I got it at one of my favorite haunts: EB Horn in Boston. I haven't been there in the past few years because I'm on crutches and its been a challenge to get close enough for a visit. Hopefully this June we can visit while I'm at Mass General.

In the photos, that finger size is 5.25. The ring is a generous 6.5 if I recall correctly.

The rehab was done by our new favorite localish jeweler: Baxter's in Warwick, RI. They have a jeweler who can repair almost everything - even on fine pieces. They also actually make custom pieces and do the work in-house. I had considered sending it to DKJ, but as I posted here, we discovered my ER was damaged beyond repair and we decided it was easier to have everything done at the same time locally. Plus, I have a special CS project that I'd like him to do.

With all that said, I'm already working down the RHR option in my mind, so I'll start working on that option. Thanks for the suggestion!

bright&shiny

Brilliant_Rock
I like the first stack or like what @mrs-b said, gold blobs and marquise band with bar set band on other hand.

I do not care for the bar-set and marquise together because of the height difference but for some reason (?)
the height difference on the gold blob band and the bar-set band doesn't bother me...go figure:roll2:

@tyty333 What a great suggestion! The height difference was intentional - as a way of spacing the eternity band away from the ER ring so the diamonds from the eternity can't eat the ER setting (or anything else). But now that you've said that, I'm looking at it with different eyes and agree - the height difference is not pleasing. It also obscures the shape of the marquis, where as the other ring is clearly circles.

The gold blob and diamond ring is even lower than the marquis band, but perhaps its just the right proportions. Definitely something to consider. Thank you so much for weighing in!

Alybetter

Brilliant_Rock
I prefer the first stack you posted as well. What a load of gorgeous yellow and white bling. My lord it’s all so shiny!!

bright&shiny

Brilliant_Rock
I prefer the first stack you posted as well. What a load of gorgeous yellow and white bling. My lord it’s all so shiny!!

Well, thank you! I can’t take much credit: the tiny pave band is my original wedding band and I clean it every day, so that I can take credit for :) The ER is their sample and nothing is ‘real’ - but it sure is real shiny lol. I learned later that the marquis (same brand as ER) was also completely manufactured (non gold over sterling and CZs). My eternity band had just been repaired and was SUPER clean. Thanks also for the input!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like the 2nd one
i love the sparkly variety

But im not at all knowledgeable on anything im afraid

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dear @mrs-b - I consider that high praise coming from you (I wish we had a blushing emoji)! The eternity band is a fantastic piece and I feel very fortunate to have it. Unfortunately is too big to wear alone as a RHR (it always has been). However, if I were to travel down that road....I could use a smaller band plain to 'hold' it onto my RH finger. That's definitely worth considering. Or perhaps a sizing bump, but am not sure the construction would allow it without blocking the back of a stone (a no go for me and proper cleaning). I'll have to ask. That would solve the whole problem!

Here are the ring stats: 18k gold, 15 rounds, 3.75 cow. G-h vs clarity (I actually can't see anything in most of them when using a loupe). The ring was already constructed, and though I was concerned about not selecting them individually, their performance was undeniable. They have a nice balance of flash and white, sparkle like crazy, and generally make me very happy. It's like a crystal chandler on airplanes!

I got it at one of my favorite haunts: EB Horn in Boston. I haven't been there in the past few years because I'm on crutches and its been a challenge to get close enough for a visit. Hopefully this June we can visit while I'm at Mass General.

In the photos, that finger size is 5.25. The ring is a generous 6.5 if I recall correctly.

The rehab was done by our new favorite localish jeweler: Baxter's in Warwick, RI. They have a jeweler who can repair almost everything - even on fine pieces. They also actually make custom pieces and do the work in-house. I had considered sending it to DKJ, but as I posted here, we discovered my ER was damaged beyond repair and we decided it was easier to have everything done at the same time locally. Plus, I have a special CS project that I'd like him to do.

With all that said, I'm already working down the RHR option in my mind, so I'll start working on that option. Thanks for the suggestion!

And it just so happens - I have a home in Boston - or the suburbs thereof - and one in LA, and split my time between the two. And I spend a LOT of time at Mass Gen when I'm in Boston, for all sorts of reasons. I won't be in Boston in June, but I'll be there in July / August, so if you fancy getting together, I'd happily do so. But that aside....

Re the eternity ring - if you wore it on your right hand, would you consider wearing it on your middle finger? Alternately, I do think a sizing bar would work for you. I think your e-ring is substantial, yet delicate with elegant lines, and my initial impression is that your eternity overwhelms it somewhat, meaning that your gorgeous e-ring is a bit lost, and your stunning eternity doesn't stand out either.

Now, if you want the 'wall of bling' effect - no problem! But *is* that what you want? I do love the idea of two more proportionate eternities to go with your e-ring - what a feast for the eyes! - while that eternity deserves to be adored for its own merits. I think jewelry looking good is all about balance and proportion. But getting proportions 'just so' is a tough ask and not an easy thing to do, and most people just sort of settle in the end. But I feel as tho your pieces deserve to be *really* seen and *really* admired, so I'd step lightly and carefully here and try to get it exactly right. There is a delightful je ne sais quoi about getting it 'effortlessly perfect' - while only *you* know how much thought and care went into that apparently 'casually chic' perfection!

I wish you well on your journey with your gorgeous pieces of bling self-expression; they say a lot about you and all of it's good! :wavey:

bright&shiny

Brilliant_Rock
And it just so happens - I have a home in Boston - or the suburbs thereof - and one in LA, and split my time between the two. And I spend a LOT of time at Mass Gen when I'm in Boston, for all sorts of reasons. I won't be in Boston in June, but I'll be there in July / August, so if you fancy getting together, I'd happily do so. But that aside....

Re the eternity ring - if you wore it on your right hand, would you consider wearing it on your middle finger? Alternately, I do think a sizing bar would work for you. I think your e-ring is substantial, yet delicate with elegant lines, and my initial impression is that your eternity overwhelms it somewhat, meaning that your gorgeous e-ring is a bit lost, and your stunning eternity doesn't stand out either.

Now, if you want the 'wall of bling' effect - no problem! But *is* that what you want? I do love the idea of two more proportionate eternities to go with your e-ring - what a feast for the eyes! - while that eternity deserves to be adored for its own merits. I think jewelry looking good is all about balance and proportion. But getting proportions 'just so' is a tough ask and not an easy thing to do, and most people just sort of settle in the end. But I feel as tho your pieces deserve to be *really* seen and *really* admired, so I'd step lightly and carefully here and try to get it exactly right. There is a delightful je ne sais quoi about getting it 'effortlessly perfect' - while only *you* know how much thought and care went into that apparently 'casually chic' perfection!

I wish you well on your journey with your gorgeous pieces of bling self-expression; they say a lot about you and all of it's good! :wavey:

Such good points, @mrs-b and certainly good food for thought! I love bling, but proportions are the key, and I’ve decided to wait on this decision until I am certain. Its important for the new ER setting to arrive and have my stone mounted and move forward from there.

You are so right about the work behind “effortless”. Although, I must say your selections and creations truly seem effortless. :cool2: I’m convinced it is also a gift.

In a happy development, my eternity band was somehow made smaller and now fits my right hand better and doesn’t fall off as easily. It will still need to be secured, but I wore it to dinner tonight without it falling off=)2

I would love to get together when you are out this way! I’ve followed some of your story in @missy ’s thread, and I hope you are finding relief and healing! :wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results