shape
carat
color
clarity

Reference Question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
So, I finally got a couple call backs from decent looking prospective employers!!! Alot of you know this already, but I am looking for a new job after being at my current position for only 4 months now. It's just not for me, I'm unchallenged and bored all of the time.

Do I list this current position as a reference? There's been no bad blood, but I personally don't feel that they can accurately reflect the way I work because this position is just so wrong for me....

ETA: and who do I put down then? I kind of report to multiple people, so do I put down the one who I report to most? I don't want to list all 3 because that will distract from other references that I have that are much stronger.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you have other, better references and you don''t need any filling out, then I''d just put down (the best) one.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
I would opt not to use any of your current supervisors as a reference. Especially considering you have other, stronger references. Just list it as a position held so they can call and verify your dates of employment and rate of pay.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
I agree with Julie. I would put one because otherwise it looks like something went wrong at your last place of employment especially since your time there was short. Good luck to you!

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Many companies are opting to NOT give recomendations - some even refusing to verify information unless you sign a waiver of release. Don''t know how widespread this is - just been in the news lately. Some people are starting to list personal recomendations - be it friend, client or co-worker.

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
fire & ice brings up a good point. it has been the policy of my husband''s company to only verify employment for several years now.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results