shape
carat
color
clarity

Redesign of old engagement ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

supergirl10

Shiny_Rock
Hi there!

Just posting on behalf of my sister.

She was engaged then they broke up due to him cheating on her numerous times, here is the old post if anyone is interested https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/how-to-help-my-sister.96239/.

As im sure you are all aware the sooner this ring is redesigned the better. She kept the ring out of spite and I don''t blame her and she really just wants to turn this bad experience into something that she can use and make the most of ie whole reson for redesign.

Anyway she is comming up soon and wants to speak to the jeweller who made my engagement ring about melting metal and using diamond which is aproximately .25 - .5 carrats to make a new ring. The type of ring that she would like to get made is a three stone ring using the original diamond and would like two sidestones to match.

She hasn''t really said much about whether she wants the sidestones to be smaler or around the same size but she would like a green emerald or another stone of a similar colour and thats where i would need some help from you guys.

Does anyone have a ring like what i am describing? If so can you post it for me
Can anyone suggest any stones other than emeralds that would be a similar green shade?

TIA

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think tsavorite garnets would make a beautiful sidestone!! They are green green shade and a little hardier than emeralds.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree tsavorites would be amazing!

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is the emerald to be the main stone and she is matching her diamond to make it and the new one side stones?

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aw, I am sorry for your sister, but it sounds like she is way better off! Good for her in keeping the ring
36.gif
I love Tsavorites and Diamonds...a three stone would be lovely!

supergirl10

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/4/2009 8:04:48 AM
Author: Pyramid
Is the emerald to be the main stone and she is matching her diamond to make it and the new one side stones?

Sorry guys just to clarify the old diamond would be the center stone it is a RB and the two sidestones would be emeralds / tsavorites. Im assuming that she would want these to be the same size or smaller than the diamond.

Also does anyone have any suggestions about what cut the two sidestones should be?

Again does anyone have any pics of something similar? I wouldn''t even know how to search for something like that!

Thanks
Supergirl

supergirl10

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/4/2009 11:44:51 AM
Author: Diamond*Dana
Aw, I am sorry for your sister, but it sounds like she is way better off! Good for her in keeping the ring
36.gif

Thanks for your support Dana. That is actually the first thing i said ... you make sure you keep that ring, do not give it back to that scumbag!
29.gif

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/5/2009 3:26:36 AM
Author: supergirl10

36.gif

Thanks for your support Dana. That is actually the first thing i said ... you make sure you keep that ring, do not give it back to that scumbag!
29.gif
I don''t know if it is an unwritten rule, but generally (I might be wrong) if the woman breaks up with the man she should give it back (UNLESS he cheats or does something horrible to make her break up with him), and vise versa. That being said I am glad she kept the ring, and I hope he is going to be making payments on it for a long time!

as for the cut of the side stone, I''ve always loved 3 stone where the sidestones where a smaller version of the center, so I say little round cuts would be great!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/5/2009 3:26:36 AM
Author: supergirl10

36.gif

29.gif
Pear Tsav sidestones. There have been one or two in the past, and the look is gorgeous with a smaller center stone!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think tsavorties would be great; they are a great color and very sparkly.

Here is a basic 3 stone design that would look lovely.

I like this website for ideas.
This page has some 3 stone is side pears.
The page has some side trillions

I hope she has fun designing her new ring.

supergirl10

Shiny_Rock
[/quote]I don''t know if it is an unwritten rule, but generally (I might be wrong) if the woman breaks up with the man she should give it back (UNLESS he cheats or does something horrible to make her break up with him), and vise versa. That being said I am glad she kept the ring, and I hope he is going to be making payments on it for a long time!

as for the cut of the side stone, I''ve always loved 3 stone where the sidestones where a smaller version of the center, so I say little round cuts would be great[/quote]

Thanks ck - yes he slept with three other people (without condoms) then denied it to her face for 3 hrs
27.gif
Im glad she got rid of the scheming scumbag!
35.gif

Thanks to macy and lauren for your sugestion and links. I will show them to her!

ps. there is nothing like a cheating man to bring out the wrath of women far and wide
11.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results