shape
carat
color
clarity

Red with pink undertone rubellite

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
I think I love that color. rubelit can get too saturated and dark. Ask if it holds its color in all lights since many can suffer brown-out.
I like the first more than the second. the link to the second one doesnt work. you need to take away the "." at the end of "htm"

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thank you. Fixed. I will ask him that, but he probably won't be able to tell if it's not cut yet, right?

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
He should be able to tell actually, its a phenomenon with some tourmaline regardless of cut or rough.

blithesome71

Shiny_Rock
Hmmm, I also like the color of the first photo/link. the 2nd one looks more red though

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:wavey: Athenaworth

I very much like the first one better, very pretty color.

I paid my deposit last night for an Aqua in his antique cushion cut :appl:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The first one without a doubt. I'm concerned the second one might brown out. Jeff is an experienced lapidary and should be able to make a fairly accurate guess as to the final colour of the finished rough.

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
He's telling me the color is somewhere between the two colors. I had asked him initially if he had anything in the first color and he didn't :( That was the best color ever. But yeah, I wouldn't want the red-red one. I'm just wondering if something that so red-pink would be pretty.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
athenaworth|1309354735|2957898 said:
He's telling me the color is somewhere between the two colors. I had asked him initially if he had anything in the first color and he didn't :( That was the best color ever. But yeah, I wouldn't want the red-red one. I'm just wondering if something that so red-pink would be pretty.

Just wondering why? Rubellite means "ruby like" so the more red, the better (preferably with no colour shift).

Personally I like my Rubellite's to be rich and warm - definitely NOT too much pink but a touch of purple would be good.

I've seen tons of Rubellites as a few years ago I went on a "find the best Rubellite I can" mission. The result was that I've kept 3 pieces that are, for me, outstanding. No colour shift at all but it took a while to find even one that I loved!

I would say that it's impossible to know how a gem will look from pictures and trying to imagine a colour inbetween 2 photos is, at best, a guess. If you can see the finished article and then make a judgement I think that would be safer (if it's possible).

faegrace

Shiny_Rock
Athena ~

Will Jeff cut it w/o a deposit if you're unsure of the color? Or refund 100% if you don't like it in-hand?

~ faegrace

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results