shape
carat
color
clarity

red spinel

m76steve

Brilliant_Rock
just received a new stone-natural red spinel-stone seems fl under a scope-red color is good-please excuse the pics if they seem a little off-would appr the pannels input-burmese material-stone came w/certificate & seems authentic-wil get tested on the morrow-thanks steve...

008.JPG

017.JPG

RockHugger

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Maybe it's the photo but seems a little dark with a brown mask. But it may just be the lighting.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If the photo is accurate, then it has a heavy brown mask and is very extinct. I would not consider that a good quality Burma spinel. It reminds me of a very poor quality garnet actually. Sorry to be blunt, but you did ask for honest opinions. I hope you didn't pay too much for it.

dzop

Shiny_Rock
tourmaline_lover said:
If the photo is accurate, then it has a heavy brown mask and is very extinct. I would not consider that a good quality Burma spinel. It reminds me of a very poor quality garnet actually. Sorry to be blunt, but you did ask for honest opinions. I hope you didn't pay too much for it.

At some point, a brown mask just becomes.... brown. This stone crosses that line.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Steve,
I hope that’s just horrible photography and very poor lighting on your part. On my monitor, it appears dark toned with a strong brown component.

m76steve

Brilliant_Rock
thanks 2 all who left opinions-the photo is not as good as hoped-the stone has a deep cut & shows dark in the pic-the color is red in the flesh but i cant show that due to camera/lighting & the stone being what it is-stone wil b officially viewed on the morrow & results wil b posted- + or --, thanks - steve.....

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results