shape
carat
color
clarity

Red spinel ring w/ side stones

goffgirl

Rough_Rock
Most of the time I lurk on the PS forums, but today I wanted to post pics of my new ring. It's a 2 ct red spinel from Wild Fish.
I wanted a spinel with a ruby color, and I think I got it.
When the stone arrived I was worried about the large window. But when it was set, the window closed.
Now, on to the pics...

Ed's pic of the stone
ors206-brl2.jpg

Hand shot of the ring
DSC_1645.jpg

Most accurate pic of color
DSC_1682.jpg

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! I love it! :love: :love: :love:

omc111

Rough_Rock
It's beautiful!! The color is brilliant and the side diamonds make it pop even more. How did you decide what size side stones to use and where did you find them? Their proportion to the spinel seems right on to my eye.

NeverEndingUpgrade

Brilliant_Rock
So fabulous! I have never bought any thing from them but I am always drooling over their stuff. Congrats on a beautiful and elegant ring.

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's gorgeous and a beautiful color. Enjoy!

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring! Ed's super, isn't he? The color of your spinel is stunning.

sweet_pea

Shiny_Rock
It's beautiful!

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is really gorgeous and that spinel is an amazing red :love: :love: :love: !

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely ring!!! :love: :love:

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! Can you tell us who did the setting?

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Lovely!!

goffgirl

Rough_Rock
Thank you so much for the generous responses. And to think I was worried that no one would comment on the ring.

omc111 and pregcurious-
Finding the side diamonds was a happy circumstance. First, I talked with Brian Gavin but we couldn't get the look I wanted in my budget. I was heartbroken until I went to a local jeweler in Houston, Select Jewelers. They had an oval sapphire very close in size to my spinel, already set with trillions. They replaced the sapphire with my spinel. I believe the diamonds are .51 ctw and measure approximately 4.3mm. Sorry, I wish I had more stats on them. I think the "squaty" dimensions on the spinel (7.65x8.94) make the diamonds look even bigger though.

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
It looks lovely-the trillions really set off the spinel color!

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
I'm trying to get a handle on stone dimensions and finger coverage. Could you tell us your ring finger size?

goffgirl

Rough_Rock
Sure, my ring size is 7.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Thank you! The ring gives you great finger coverage!

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
wow, that color is gorgeous!! :love:

lavatea

Brilliant_Rock
Very nice! Is this a RHR or e-ring (sorry if I missed that info somewhere)? Will you stack it with any type of band?

sparklyheart

Brilliant_Rock
Very pretty ring!!!

goffgirl

Rough_Rock
Hi lavatea-
This is an e-ring to work with my emerald e-ring. Since these stones are too soft to wear everyday, I plan to rotate between the two. I also wear a gypsy platinum band embedded with the diamonds from my original e-ring, as a wedding band.

Here's a pic of my Zambian emerald
DSC_0708.jpg

And another picture of the spinel. I think it conveys the depth of color. I have more daylight today to take pics! I would also include a side shot of the ring, but there seems to be a problem with the image control panel.
DSC_1701.jpg

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful color and a great-looking ring. It is nice to see pictures of Ed's stones in real life. The photography technique he uses is "too beautiful" and there few Ed's stones posted here. Your spinel looks true to pictures, and then some! It is amazing that you found such a beautiful setting at an affordable price! Congratulations!

And your emerald ring is stunning. Is it posted anywhere?

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
I think spinel should be durable enough to wear everyday. I love the daylight picture.

Aven

Rough_Rock
Both of your rings are gorgeous, such wonderful colors in each of them!

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
Lovely stones in lovely, classic settings! Thank you for sharing! :appl:

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous stone! And what a lucky find on the setting too.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
goffgirl|1313243349|2989955 said:
Thank you so much for the generous responses. And to think I was worried that no one would comment on the ring.

Surely you jest! Your ring is spectacular! I have not visited the Colored Stone forum for several days or I would have jumped on your posting the first day you posted it!

What I cannot fathom is how is how you picked such a beautiful spinel, such gorgeous side stones, and set them in a graceful and eye catching ring all posted in about one page while I took about 300 pages just to pick the spinel and start picking the side stones for a ring! One of us is pretty inefficient and boring. I'm not saying who, however, in order to protect the guilty!

Wear your gorgeous ring in good health!

Hugs,
Deb/AGBF
:read:

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, that spinel is truly gorgeous! And the side stones just set it off perfectly. What an amazing find on the setting! :appl:

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
It's lovely! Great colour, and those side stones are gorgeous with it :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results