shape
carat
color
clarity

Red Spinel (or other Red stones)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

haunani

Rough_Rock
Where would be a good place to look for loose red spinel? In particular, I''m looking for 3-5mm trillian/triangle cut. If there are any other red stones durable enough for a ring that you know of, PLEASE let me know!!

9.gif
twirl.gif
9.gif
love.gif
9.gif

NewYorker

Shiny_Rock
Usually your local jeweler could get one for you, but if may take them a while. Other red stones - RUBY, Bixbite (type of emerald), Garnet, and I'm sure there are others but I can't think right now.

mike04456

Brilliant_Rock
Ruby and garnet are both excellent ring stones. Red beryl (bixbite) really is not because, like emerald, it is often heavily included and fractured, and thus at greater risk of breaking, especially in a pointed cut like a trillion.

For small stones, www.multicolour.com is good. I have ordered some stuff from them and have not had any problems. They don't have any spinel trillions listed right now, but they do have some rhodolite garnet trillions in those sizes.

elmo

Brilliant_Rock
This is not a recommendation since I have no experience with these folks, but there are two rather nice-looking spinel trillions ~4-5mm at http://www.awesomegems.com/spinel.html#top near the top of the page.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pala Gems (owned, in part, by Richard Hughes author of, "Ruby & Sapphire") is not a retailer. If one wants something they sell he must, still, go to his jeweler. I thought anyone interested in soinels should see what they have to offer, though! They are the source of my spinel (bought through DBOF).

http://www.palagems.com/spinel_ball.htm#spinelquality

read.gif

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Nice site...High Quality inventory...Retail prices are not listed but narrowing down your price parameters when searching will close the window on how much a particular stone your looking at is. A little cross-referencing prices when your searching you can find out the retail price. Richard has responded to some of my initial inquiries a while back and if there is not a competent jeweler in your area your willing to work with, they will work with you at the full qouted retail price.

-Josh

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
----------------
On 9/3/2003 4:29:57 PM elmo wrote:

This is not a recommendation since I have no experience with these folks, but there are two rather nice-looking spinel trillions ~4-5mm at http://www.awesomegems.com/spinel.html#top near the top of the page.
----------------

Hi!
I have bought a piece from awesomegems some time ago. It was an inexpensive - relatively - star sapphire, but the transaction/service was as good as one may expect for the most expensive things this jeweler might have. Their prices are decent, according to my research back then. Also, these guys have a good range of side and accent stones in the store, so it is worth giving a call or e/mail. For small red spinel, try ajsgems.com. This is a good store too, and I bought from them too.

Cheers!
2.gif

NewYorker

Shiny_Rock
I forgot - another choice is rubellite.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results