shape
carat
color
clarity

Red sky at night, sailor's delight......

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
and I think it holds true for a nice red stone, too! I've promised Diamondseeker that I'll periodically add some of the things I've been working on in the past few years, so making good on my promise. :wink2:

Gene from Precision Gems had a gorgeous Lindi garnet up on his blog some months ago that I just missed out on......but with very good fortune, he had two more pieces of rough left. One of them would cut another concave stone, and this was the end result.

A bit over 3.6 carats, and just incredibly cut. The setting is from ID Jewelry in NYC. I stopped into Yuketiel's store with Mara in September, and he couldn't have been more pleasant to work with. Not to mention, his bench staff has SERIOUS talent as you can see from the exquisite prong work he did. I have to also give props to his fantastic customer service; I didn't decide on this setting until the end of the day, and he had it set and shipped for me the very next day. I know I'll be working with him again for other projects. :)

ALJ-IMG_7236.jpg

ALJ-IMG_7239.jpg

ALJ-IMG_7202.jpg

ALJ-IMG_7213.jpg

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Alj - the chainsaw is back!!

The red of that stone is just hard to describe in words - blood red, true red, scarlet red - I don't know which applies. It just sort of gives the color red a whole new meaning!

I also love the setting with the dainty scallops - very different and very pretty. You have indeed been busy with jewelry - the colors are just scrumptious. Thanks for sharing and welcome back!

We'd love to see what else you've been up to - bring it on!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Awwweeeee, awwesssoooo....awwwwweeeessssoommmme! Garnet love! :appl:

cheers--Sharon

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Georgeous.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG Aljdewey!! :love: :love: That is amazing! :love: :love: Gorgeous stone - such a rich intense hue - and the setting is out of this world! You have created PERFECTION! Enjoy!!!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That *colour*.

Those *prongs*.

:love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Miss GR - I'm not sure which fits it better, but anything that says R-R-R-R-RED fits! LOL

Canuk - Thanks so much! I have newfound garnet love on this too!

Marcy & Enerci - thanks for the kind sentiments. :) It's nice to be able to add to the mix again.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Be still my heart!!! :love: Wow, how in the world did you manage to keep these beauties a secret all this time!?! I really love this stone and the setting!!! They did do a terrific job with the prongs! What mm size is the stone? I really want a setting like that!

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
HA - DS, it hasn't been easy, BELIEVE ME! Sharing them now is like sitting down for a banquet feast after a long famine - LOL.

The stone itself is 8.526mm, so it's over 10mm with the setting factored in. I can't recommend the setting enough - a real show stopper. One of the things that most drew me to the setting was how well it matched stacking bands I had bought over the summer - you can see in the picture below. On my last jaunt in December, I managed to find a pair of dangle earring settings that are nearly a total match too - will post those in coming days. Those have cute little tsavorites set into them.

Mara has been on the hunt for one of these stones, too, but Gene sold his final piece from the parcel just before she caught it and he doesn't have any left right now. He was saying that it's incredibly tough to find this material in sizes over 1 ct that are clean. Last time out, he sourced at the Tucson gem show, so with a little luck, maybe he can source more in the upcoming show.

Lindi with bands.JPG

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
stunning :love: :love:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well we are certainly enjoying the feast!!! :bigsmile:

The little stacking rings are beautiful as well! I love them with the ring! And he the concave cutting on that stone really makes it light up! It is a shame that the material is scarce. Finding really great color, great cut colored stones (especially with a nice size like this one) is not at all easy, that is for sure!

Monnyjay

Brilliant_Rock
What a gorgeous ring, love the setting very nice :wavey:

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
The color, the cut, the setting...absolutely perfect! Love it with the stacking bands too.

goldyoldies

Rough_Rock
Wow. Wow, wow, wow. :love: That might be one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow- I love it!!

mrswahs

Shiny_Rock
Wow. What a gorgeous ring! What kind of stone is it? It's gorgeous.

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
That is absolutely beautiful!!!! That stone is stunning and now I want one of those settings for a garnet I just bought!

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty and I love the setting. It has a vintage feel to it and is very regal.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Aw, ladies, thanks for the nice sentiments! I'm really enjoying it too.

Mrs. Wahs, it's a Lindi garnet (Tanzania origin), cut in a concave design. Stargurl, I got the setting from ID Jewelry in NYC, and I think this is an inhouse setting of his? Fairly certain it can be had through him again.

kitskats

Rough_Rock
What a stunner- PERFECT in that gorgeous setting. THE COLOR!! :o

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love everything about it - the colour, the setting and the stacking bands - looks wonderful on your hand!

mitsui4

Brilliant_Rock
OMG~ The stone is so popping out!! Nice

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Oh my, that is gorgeous! Thanks so much for sharing it! Yeukitel did an awesome job with that setting! It's perfect for that stone!

starshine

Shiny_Rock
Love the color, love the setting, and looooovvvveee the stacking bands with it! **swoon** :love:

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Kits, that's the thing that really drew me to this stone - the color. It's just deep RED (my favorite color). :naughty:

MotownM, thanks! Given that I have stubby Italian fingers, I'm all over any ring that can look good on my hand! LOL

Mitsui and Starshine, thanks too! I think the shape of the halo does help to make the stone stand out, which I love.

Yenny, this was my first project with Yeukitel, and he was a breeze to work with. Very enthusiastic about colored stones, and very accommodating. I'm certain I'll be working with him again.

omc111

Rough_Rock
I'm usually not a fan of garnets, but this one may make me change my mind. It's absolutely stunning. And the setting is beautiful and unique--in combination--breathtaking!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Oh wow, seeing that stone makes you go, :-o and you have to keep. staring. at. it. I wouldn't be surprise if you get a bunch of people just STARING at your hand. It's like the stone has magical powers or something. LOL

Needless to saw, absolutely GORGEOUS

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
I love garnets. I think they're underrated (other than the usual suspects).

Beautiful ring! Congratulations!

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty! I had no idea that ID had a good bench!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
The color of this stone is magnificent. What a gorgeous setting for it!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results