shape
carat
color
clarity

Red pebbles

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

colormyworld

Brilliant_Rock
I thought some pictures of these red spinel crystals would look pretty. What do you think?

IMG_4076_1_3_1.JPG

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Those are beautiful. Are they yours???

Linda

colormyworld

Brilliant_Rock
The largest is somewhere around 1.75 cts. I have had two stones cut from this parcel.

IMG_4071_1_1.JPG

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
What did you set them in?? Did you post pictures????

Linda

colormyworld

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Linda. Yes they are mine. I really don''t have any idea what I will do with them. I just bought them because of the color.

colormyworld

Brilliant_Rock
Most would only be good as melee. I could most likely buy cut stones far cheaper that what it would cost me to have these cut.

colormyworld

Brilliant_Rock
I only have one really bad picture of one of the cut spinels. It started as a crystal of 2.17 cts, and ended up at .63 cts. I have not set it yet.

IMG_3002_1_1.JPG

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well they sure are beautiful. I would love to have a spinel ring. My rings are all Padparadscha''s. I don''t know where to look for a beautiful spinel.

Linda

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, cool color!

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
The color is gorgeous!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Really gorgeous! I am at the point that I''d rather have an excellent spinel over an average quality ruby.

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/22/2007 8:04:29 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
Really gorgeous! I am at the point that I''d rather have an excellent spinel over an average quality ruby.
Oh absolutely!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/22/2007 8:04:29 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006

I''d rather have an excellent spinel over an average quality ruby.

I found finding an excellent red spinel quite exhausting! In the end I gave up and settled. The perfect red spinel I owned briefly was flawed internally as Richard Hughes warns in Ruby & Sapphire the very best often are. The one I have now is not stoplight red, but more pink.

Deborah
34.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A very pretty one, Harriet. My monitor shows it as slightly orangish red though.

As for those spinel pebbles, I would find two that are closest in size and shape, wrap some gold metal around them (like a birdcage) and set them as earrings. That would be so awesome. Cutting them would be a waste since they are small but the colour is too delicious to have them languishing in a case somewhere never to be appreciate except occasionally.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
It does have secondary orange. But, don''t stoplights have that as well? Yes, I''ve been staring at stoplights to figure out what red I want (obssessed, I tell you).

colormyworld

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you all for the comments.

AGBF I always wondered about what happened with your red spinel. Thanks for the up date. I wish things could have worked out better for you.

I have heard a few of the experts say to stay away from the orangy spinels also. The thing I don''t understand though is that a pricing guide I have says intensely colored orangy-reds Known as "flame" can exceed the guide prices??? Whats up with that??

Chrono I had the exact same idea.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results