shape
carat
color
clarity

Red or apricot fluorescence in blue sapphires

sunandsky

Shiny_Rock
hi all! I’m trying to figure out how much to pay for a sapphire, including my chances of finding something similar again. It has red or apricot fluorescence (I’d call it faint), which i like. does anyone know how common this fluorescence is? Any other comments on it are very welcome! It’s unheated. I have no ability to get a report on the stone and its mounted, and in a place that’s hard to get to so I don’t have much ability to get more info. Thank you!

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You have to be careful buying any gem without a lab report. While blue sapphires with a violet tone often show red / orangish fluoresence, synthetic blue spinel also fluorescences. Without a lab report or being from a trusted source, the gem may not be a sapphire.

sunandsky

Shiny_Rock
You have to be careful buying any gem without a lab report. While blue sapphires with a violet tone often show red / orangish fluoresence, synthetic blue spinel also fluorescences. Without a lab report or being from a trusted source, the gem may not be a sapphire.

Thanks, and something good for readers to note, particularly given the fluorescence is faint. I’m sure it’s a natural sapphire. My challenge is that of the sapphires I’ve liked, this is the first with this fluorescence so I was trying to figure out how rare it is. I ended up passing on it, fingers crossed another comes up.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results