shape
carat
color
clarity

Recycled OEC melee

smiley12345

Rough_Rock
I inherited a pretty, antique OEC pave ring.. The ring however sat in my jewelry box because it was huge on me at a size 8 (I'm a size 4) ... and honestly just not my taste... I asked my jeweler to try and use the stones to make me something more my style.. it was pretty difficult because the stones were not totally round, and they were all different sizes however I think the end result came out great! :))

Here's a before shot

and the after! Swing style eternity band, 14k rose gold, this will be a right hand ring sized at 4.5 (sorry these were all taken with my phone)

stacked with my 3mm eternity wedding band

IMG_6738.JPG

newr1.jpg

newr2.jpg

newr3.jpg

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty! What a great idea to recycle the diamonds. Although i must say I liked the original too.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
it's a beautiful reset!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love your new band - what a great way to recycle those stones! I love the design of the ring - very pretty!!

cokitty

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Way to go green!!!!!

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
beautiful, and way to be creative and give a new life to the ring~ :bigsmile:

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
what a great idea!! It looks wonderful!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great idea! It is so pretty! :appl:

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love it! It looks great on your hand, and of course I adore the rose gold.

Did they use all of the original stones in the reset, or do you have some melee left over for another project? :naughty:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love your recycled project. :love: :love: Its really beautiful.

May I ask how big are those melee? I have some 4 pts and would love to have them reset like yr ring.

smiley12345

Rough_Rock
thanks everyone :appl:

There are only 15 stones in the band.. so i have a good amount left... :naughty: I thought about seeing if there were enough similar sized stones left to make a simple, straight, half eternity to stack against it... its questionable tho, the stones are really old and not uniform at all (these bezels are good b/c it hides some of the variance in shape)..

I honestly have NO idea how big the melee are because they are different sizes.. the 2 melee in the "marquise" shapes are smaller than the single bezel stones.. if i had to guess, using my wedding band as a guide i would say the melee in the marquis shapes are 3-4pts and the single bezels are 6-7pts..

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Ooh, very pretty! :appl:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's a super way to reuse your stones - it looks fantastic!

What about a pin or an anklet or something for the others, where you won't scrutinize the stones (or differences between stones) so much..?

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the idea of recycling! I would use those extra stones to make a coordinating DBTY bracelet of necklace. Whatever you do it will be lovely!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
smiley12345|1307508477|2940511 said:
I honestly have NO idea how big the melee are because they are different sizes.. the 2 melee in the "marquise" shapes are smaller than the single bezel stones.. if i had to guess, using my wedding band as a guide i would say the melee in the marquis shapes are 3-4pts and the single bezels are 6-7pts..

Thanks for that infor, smiley. That's given me some idea, he he! :devil:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results