shape
carat
color
clarity

Recycled E-Ring to Stacking Diamond Eternity Band!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Many people on here remember my original e-ring and w-ring set, one of the 'original' eternity ring sets right around when they were all the rage, what... almost 9 years ago now??

Well when I recently bought my 3.33c OEC and set it into a 'temp' (which seems to have become longer than temp, lol!) solitaire setting, I had my local jeweler, the fantastic Joe Escobar, turn my e-ring into a true eternity band by resizing it down slightly and adding one more melee stone to close it up.

I picked it up yesterday and I'm in LOVE. :love: The irony here is that for the last 2 years, I had really fallen out of love with my set, it just wasn't my taste anymore, and I always felt a little guilty for feeling that way. I am not sentimental but my husband can be. He was already feeling a little green about me sending my 2.32c J onto a new home, so I decided to have the e-ring recycled into a band. I thought, well gee it hasn't been my taste for a while, I'm sure I won't wear it all that much but it's more for the thought.

HELL-OO was I wrong and I love that I was. The ring looks so fantastic as a band! They did a wonderful job at JE and I just love the way it looks with my solitaire! It's a little funny to see my e-ring of 8 years as a band now, but I think it was always meant to be. It just really sings now.

Only have a few pics, but I'm sure I'll take some more. :naughty: Totally recommend this for anyone considering a reset with a similar set.

_102.jpg

333witheringrecycled-1.jpg

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks like your eternity band was always meant to be that way! Classic and beautiful as a set together!

Can you tell us more about the pt size in the eternity band and the color/clarity?

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Do I keep saying....Je**s your ring is huge!? If not it bears repeating!

Gorgeous! I like remakes--they often surprise us.

Do you notice the different in color between your eternity ring and ER?

When I wear my eternity ring or my 7 stone WF diamond band with my ER, I can really see the different in color bewteen them--not bothersome, just noticeable.

P.S. I love your temp. setting. Hope you never change it!

cheers--Sharon

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just beautiful Mara!! Your ER is huge and gorgeous and looks perfect with your eternity band!!
I agree with Sharon- love your temporary setting and hope you keep it as a permanent one!

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
It looks amazing, like it was always meant to be a stacker/eternity band! I am glad you love it, and I am sure your hubby really appreciates and loves it too! :appl:

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks ladies..! I totally feel like somehow it was meant to be a band... glad I could finally help it achieve its destiny. Or maybe that's just my projection of what I wanted onto it lol.

Sharon, I actually didn't even notice but I just really looked at the band and ring and yeah there is a slight color diff but it's not glaring. I don't think the average person would notice (I am so lazy about that!). I think my e-ring has G/H's in it..going off memory here, so it's not TOO far off, not like they are E's or anything if I remember correctly? Maybe more G's? I think my w-ring has more F/G's.

The e-ring turned band has 3 pointers, 25 of them for .75ctw. I think it's about 3.5mm wide. I always wanted it to be thinner to make my center e-ring stone pop more, but now I love that it's a bit more substantial, I think it works better with the 3.33 center that way!

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Looks lke a perfec set! And how cool that you were able to reuse the e-ring!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Looks great! But I am having a brain fart...dont you have a wedding band that matches your ering band?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
TG my wring has 2pointers and is about 2.5mm. Funny I didn't like the scale much with this solitaire so figured the same with this one. But the slightly wider band has enough presence to hold its own with 3.33!

Kasey3

Shiny_Rock
Hi Mara

your band looks great! it is clear to me that you love your new OEC-it is stunning! do you miss your RB at all?

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They look like they were made for each other!!! Your OEC is TDF!!! Fabulous!!! :love:

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
I love it! What a great idea!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mara|1341087034|3226660 said:
TG my wring has 2pointers and is about 2.5mm. Funny I didn't like the scale much with this solitaire so figured the same with this one. But the slightly wider band has enough presence to hold its own with 3.33!

Got it! And I notice you're doing the finger tuck. :rodent:

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
It's gorgeous Mara! I love it! :love: :love: Your thread comes at a perfect time for me too, I'm going to be sending my current ering off for for resetting in the fall, and I hadn't decide, but thought that it may be a nice idea to have a melee or two added to the shank and wear it as an wedding band with the new ering setting. Now that I've seen yours, I know that it's exactly what I want to do! Your ering looks like it has always been an eternity! Love it! love it! love it! I agree with the others, I hope you never change your temp, it's perfect!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! I love the way it looks with your "temporary" setting for the OEC.

I love the temp setting too, but I think that OEC would look amazing in just about anything.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a great idea! It is the perfect size to wear with your e-ring! :appl:

vinjewels

Brilliant_Rock
I love repurposed jewelry! And your wring/eband is beautiful and carries sentimental meaning too. Awesome transformation. It looks great with your OEC :love:

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous set!

SparklyOEC

Brilliant_Rock
What a great reset. The band and ering look like they were made for each other...perfection. :love:

Chloegal

Rough_Rock
Wow, nine years!!!! I can`t believe how time flies.

I must admit I`m loving the `new` look.

I have to decide on how to set my new round and your temporary setting sort of looks really easy on the eye and classy. I may even be tempted to throw aside my halo ideas for the simplicity of your new set! Certainly still lots of bling with the eternity band. Or maybe all the ring combos looked good because your hand is lovely too?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
lol TG the finger tuck is just a natural occurrence these days... it's almost like the hand on the hip for photos.

thanks everyone!! I have wanted a big basic solitaire with an eternity band or stackers for years now so finally happy that it happened. and yup, the hub loves the recycle too. the solitaire really gives you so many options for bands and ways to wear it. and yes this temp is pretty cool..the prongs are just divine. really makes me not in a rush to figure out what to do with the 'perm' setting. i had been thinking rose gold but now i am loving how the white pops against my skin so i may not go rose gold after all!

Christina, totally recommend the band recycle route!!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow Mara, that recycled setting is perfect with your teeny tiny little OEC! :wink2:
I love that you could reuse the diamonds and make the original set functional again. I tried that with my 3 stone using an anniversary band that I was not using but ended up with yet another remake (thank you BGD!) but I'm all about the sentimental!!

Looke awesome on your hand - tucked or not tucked! :lol:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results