shape
carat
color
clarity

Recutting a stone to make a match???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
OK- HYPOTHETICALLY speaking, OF COURSE
2.gif
.... Let''s say someone who shall remain nameless had a very nice cut, modern, perfectly square cushion, a hypothetical .50 if you will, and she wanted a match so it could go into a three stone. let''s say that this someone looked for a year for a match and couldn''t find one...would it ever be possible to buy a slightly larger one and have it recut to match in size and I guess appearance??? Again, hypothetically of course
31.gif
- and without regard to cost (so this should tell you that is not reality LOL)

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade

No problem. Matching is not an unheard of issue. It can be done properly at a relatively small cost.

Hypothetically speaking, of course.

36.gif

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock

OOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH NNNNNEEEEELLLLYY!!! Really oldminer? That is hypothetically exciting...

Do you really have to buy a stone that is THAT much bigger or just one that is somewhat bigger and one that matches in terms of cut quality?

WHo would do this? Would they guide me in the right direction (i.e., what candidates would be out there for a suitable re-cut?)....

I should ask Mark T. about this (who I've been purchasing from). Err, I mean "my friend" should...

9.gif
I just thought of it...But he thinks I'm crazy enough as it is I'm sure :)

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
If one was to want to match a diamond, one would need to have either the diamond and/or a very complete set of its measurments to use in order to buy one that could be cut down just the littlest bit to make a matching stone. Generally, a diamond of .50ct is not so unique as to not already have many diamonds nearly a match available that would not even need recutting, but in that case where cutting has to happen, it sure could be done. Even crazier things are often asked for.

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade

I once had a customer who, for personal reasons, was EXTREMELY specific about the required weight of the stone. Accuracy to .001cts. was required. The only way to fill this order was to buy a bigger stone had have it cut down to size.

Neil Beaty, GG ISA
Independent Appraisals in Denver

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
OMG that''s so funny. I''m not THAT bad. I just want the same look (I guess this is not too hard since I would be getting the same cut quality and the facet pattern in that size is not really visible) and the same size so it *looks* good. Oh wait, I thought this was hypothetical? HA! Well, at least I''ll have some stones to keep me company when my husband leave me
9.gif
...This is not going to happen any time soon but it''s good to know the option is there!!!!!

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Yes, it can even be cut right away from rough, and would probably have no premium at all!!!

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Hypothetically, I''d be very interested to get details about the process and see the final hypothetical result.

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade

What, you want to learn cutting and matching procedures on the internet??

34.gif

icelady

Brilliant_Rock

MMM,

You crack me up, you little dickens!!!

11.gif
You won''t be happy until you have an entire family of modern cushion cuts!!
31.gif
I can''t wait to see the finished product, hypothetically speaking, of course!
9.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock

I read on the internet that if you leave a mommy and a papa diamond locked in a safe they have lil baby diamonds.

So if you find the mommy and the papa diamond and relock them in the safe they might have a simular looking kid diamond.

You can send them to me and I will put them in my safe for you :}

I think 29-30 years should be long enough dont you?

35.gif
36.gif
12.gif

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock

LOL guys!!!

And BTW- Reena''s cushion and my cushion broke up. LingLing started seeing some guy named Leon and decided she was too good for WaWa

9.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/11/2004 3:15:53 PM
Author: moremoremore

LOL guys!!!

And BTW- Reena''s cushion and my cushion broke up. LingLing started seeing some guy named Leon and decided she was too good for WaWa

9.gif

Sheesh its pretty bad when even diamonds have loose morals what is the world coming too?

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/11/2004 4:51:11 PM
Author: strmrdr
Sheesh its pretty bad when even diamonds have loose morals what is the world coming too?
Strm - so true...
My princess was a''round until she got a big cushion and some asscher mentioned it. I said she was radiant but she thinks ap''pear''ances must be ideal. She said it was oval and broke my heart.

emotion-19.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
lol John.
Funny :}

icelady

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/11/2004 6:28:38 PM
Author: JohnQuixote

Date: 11/11/2004 4:51:11 PM
Author: strmrdr

Strm - so true...
My princess was a''round until she got a big cushion and some asscher mentioned it. I said she was radiant but she thinks ap''pear''ances must be ideal. She said it was oval and broke my heart.

emotion-19.gif

ROFLOL!!! Too cute!

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/11/2004 3:15:53 PM
Author: moremoremore

LOL guys!!!

9.gif

I really think that this relationship needs to be saved!! Is there a cushion marriage counselor in the house?? Gosh, what are you going to tell Wali, MMM? You know, if LingLing really is out of the picture, I think you need to get out there and find WaWa a hot cushion sugar mama ASAP!! (Preparing for a lashing from MMM''s hubby!!)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results