shape
carat
color
clarity

Recut Advice needed

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
Sigh! I have used that term many times with my Scandinavian friends. It has been so long since I have been with them that I had forgotten it. I also am now so used to seeing LOL, ROFLMA, and other abbreviated phrases that I was trying so figure out this new acronym...

Thank you for the translation and the reminder of my moved away Scandinavian friends. I had forgotten how much I miss them.

Wink

Haha! glad I could make you smile! It was my fault for writing everything in caps to make it look like an acronym :D

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
I knew it instantly, hah! Midwestern Scandinavian here! (Well, Ashkenazi too...but I digress) :lol:

yesss!!!! Hello fellow Midwestern friend! :D

Wink

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
This reminds me of seeing discussions about how midwesterners always say, “op” when they make a mistake. The whole concept seemed totally foreign to me, until I realized that is how one spells the sound I always make.

Love it!

Wink

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Haha! glad I could make you smile!

Yes, you did. I am still smiling. I spent quite a bit of time remembering the float trip I took with my Scandinavian friend down the Salmon River. It was a six night seven day adventure that resulted in many long stories to be told over campfires in the years and river trips that came after.

Oh how I have laughed at those stories over the many years since...

Wink

This reminds me of seeing discussions about how midwesterners always say, “op” when they make a mistake. The whole concept seemed totally foreign to me, until I realized that is how one spells the sound I always make.

Not to totally threadjack, but your comment reminded me of this too-real video:

“Ope let me squeeze right past ya.”

headlight

Ideal_Rock
I had an amazing experience with Brian Gavin recutting 2 significant stones. If you have the journey, service, and results I did you will be overjoyed.

oceanblue

Shiny_Rock
Ok I am procrastinating, here is the initial report. It is interesting that it went from (what I thought) was a F to a D and lost its fluorescence (which I did not know was possible).

E4DA029D-E3F4-443A-8A59-15D597934BCD.png

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
Ok I am procrastinating, here is the initial report. It is interesting that it went from (what I thought) was a F to a D and lost its fluorescence (which I did not know was possible).

This is gonna be EPIC! Great news about the color grade and the cut!

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock

Was the original report from GIA?

AGS can be a little more forgiving on color, and I just recently read in another thread that their "negligible" fluorescence can equate to GIA None to Faint, perhaps even GIA Medium.

oceanblue

Shiny_Rock
Was the original report from GIA?

AGS can be a little more forgiving on color, and I just recently read in another thread that their "negligible" fluorescence can equate to GIA None to Faint, perhaps even GIA Medium.

Thank you for the information. The assessment was not from GIA but an independent local jeweler who also did a Sarin report. It glowed pretty brightly with my cheap black light so I was always under the impression that it was at least a medium flourescence. F to D is VERY lenient in my book but works for me ;-)!

RMOO

Brilliant_Rock
Interesting - can't wait to see the finished product!

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
And of course the man that made it happen!!!!!!!

FE5AC4E4-B92D-4F6C-BEAC-339826A4B262.jpeg

Omg!!

This is AMAZING!

Do you have the new ASET/ideal scope images? I can’t wait to see that cleaned up diamond!

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
OMG, Brian Gavin is a wizard! Your ring is absolutely amazing.
Celebrate. Go out to dinner and burn a hole in somebody's placemat.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results