Suchitis

Rough_Rock
Hey everyone,

New here, so thanks for your patience!
I am looking for something like this:

Essentially in the cluster /trio realm.
Diamonds and/or sapphire combo

$10k USD

I’m a total novice. What is the most efficient way to get the best bang for buck here?

Ie. Keywords to look for, cuts to consider, vendors to use, any other advice, etc.

Thanks so much

Last edited:

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
There really isn't a secret other than patience and time. It just takes work.
They're out there and you'll have to make some concessions.

Start at 1stDibs and see who the antique vendors are. There are many.
They tend to cross post on other platforms, like Instagram, Ebay, Etsy etc.
Also look at some auction houses.
Here's one of many shops that cross post, these two rings are at ACSilverAntiques.

* Edit: if you find something that is a really good price that you're serious about, ask to put it on hold with the vendor before you post about it here- this an open forum and anybody can see and snipe out from under you what you're looking at. It sometimes happens.
There is also having your own made- that takes longer and can be harder.

Last edited:

Suchitis

Rough_Rock
There really isn't a secret other than patience and time. It just takes work.
They're out there and you'll have to make some concessions.

Start at 1stDibs and see who the antique vendors are. There are many.
They tend to cross post on other platforms, like Instagram, Ebay, Etsy etc.
Also look at some auction houses.
Here's one of many shops that cross post, these two rings are at ACSilverAntiques.

Thanks so much from your reply! Good to know

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Thanks so much from your reply! Good to know
It really does start with: antique sapphire three stone, trilogy into the Googly machine and go to images(better luck than shopping). If an antique place has had one, they may have others. It's hunting time!

I made an edit to the first post you might not have seen.

* Edit: if you find something that is a really good price that you're serious about, ask to put it on hold with the vendor before you post about it here- this an open forum and anybody can see and snipe out from under you what you're looking at. It sometimes happens.

Suchitis

Rough_Rock
It really does start with: antique sapphire three stone, trilogy into the Googly machine and go to images(better luck than shopping). If an antique place has had one, they may have others. It's hunting time!

I made an edit to the first post you might not have seen.

Haha that’s fair warning on the listing. Not in the business of feeding snipers!

Hear you on the bespoke point as well.

Thanks a bunch

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
$10k USD

I’m a total novice. What is the most efficient way to get the best bang for buck here?

Some good answers above. For cost-cutting starters, avoid a Burma sapphire (like the ring you showed) and go with Ceylon or Madagascar and avoid untreated (if you are price-conscious). In an older piece, you can get a heat-only sapphire that is lovely and you would not need to worry about other treatments.

I think you are on the right track -- for retail clients like us, buying vintage/antique is generally more cost-effective than sourcing a stone plus side-stones and then paying $3K for the workmanship, etc. Look at some big vendors like Lang and Berganza to help gauge price-points by style and sapphire size and color. (Berganza is skewed since all their corundum is untreated, IIRC.)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results