shape
carat
color
clarity

Recs for independent jewelry appraisers in St. Louis? I''m not finding anything!

jenbuggy85

Rough_Rock
I''ve looked online and I''ve checked this site. Does anyone have any recs for an appraiser in St. Louis? I''ve got a weird feeling that the appraisial I''ll get from my little mom and pop shop here in town wont be complete. I want everything, all those weird red pics you guys show :razz: All of it. I want the BEST, most complete appraisial I can get to have it insured.

Anyone have any recs? Are YOU in this area?

Thank you! Jen

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I have checked NAJA, ASA, ISA and AGS-ICGA for independent appraisers in Missouri. You are out of luck with all four organizations. You may want to look into the offerings and credentials of those appraisers who can do this work via the mail or Fed-Ex. If you want all the bells and whistles, the typical mom and pop retailer hasn't a clue about how to accomplish these modern, complete reports.

The following may prove useful, however.

Therese Kienstra GG, AGA
Kienstra Gem Lab
Independent Stand Alone Lab
Clayton, MO
(314) 862-5054

She appears not to be associated anymore with the major appraisal organizations, but I have heard her name many times and she may be suitable for you.

jill_s

Brilliant_Rock
I am in the St. Louis area and just used Therese Kienstra. She''s based out of Clayton and works from an office in her home. She was very thorough, and I felt like it was money well spent. I went to her mainly for a thorough insurance appraisal. The ring I had her appraise was one I had just purchased to replace my original ering after I cracked the diamond. She was a really nice lady and very patient with my barrage of questions. She charges by the hour, and her hourly rate was $150. Hope that helps! I''d be happy to answer any other questions you have about her.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results