shape
carat
color
clarity

Recs for 9x9 lab grown asscher diamond?

Puppy4248

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone! My friend is interested in recreating my 9x9 asscher diamond ring with tapered baguettes (the one in my profile pic), possibly with a lab diamond. Do we have a recommended vendor for the stone and setting? Is there a price range I should expect for at least a decent cut stone that's lab grown, compared to my natural mined diamond ring? Sorry, completely new to lab here...thank you in advance!

emmy12

Brilliant_Rock
August Vintage asschers! He does have a 3ct in stock, but it isn't quite 9mm (only 8.2mm)

@lovedogs has a 1.5ct AV Asscher and she can probably comment on its optics.

If your friend is determined to get to 9mm, then contact Jon directly for an estimate and they could get one custom cut. His prices are great right now for custom cutting (only pay $/ct of a G/VS even if the quality comes back better after cutting and grading)

Puppy4248

Shiny_Rock
August Vintage asschers! He does have a 3ct in stock, but it isn't quite 9mm (only 8.2mm)

@lovedogs has a 1.5ct AV Asscher and she can probably comment on its optics.

If your friend is determined to get to 9mm, then contact Jon directly for an estimate and they could get one custom cut. His prices are great right now for custom cutting (only pay $/ct of a G/VS even if the quality comes back better after cutting and grading)

perfect, thank you so much! I had reached out to him for a moissanite separately, good to have one more vote for lab diamonds from him. Thank you!

vintageinjune

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone! My friend is interested in recreating my 9x9 asscher diamond ring with tapered baguettes (the one in my profile pic), possibly with a lab diamond. Do we have a recommended vendor for the stone and setting? Is there a price range I should expect for at least a decent cut stone that's lab grown, compared to my natural mined diamond ring? Sorry, completely new to lab here...thank you in advance!

Well, since I gave up on my lab diamond asscher for now, I'll offer some options I'd been eyeing:

8.85mm, D, VS2, $12k, and while it is a VS2, I think a prong would quite easily hide the flaw:

8.9mm, D, VS1, $17k:
https://frankdarling.com/diamonds/diamond-L26-90EL/

Prices can be all over the place honestly, Jon at Distinctive Gems will be able to cut an absolutely lovely asscher, but it will be the most expensive option most likely.

petrock<3

Brilliant_Rock
If she’s good with Caysie Van Bebber doing the setting she’s sourcing an antique “asscherald” for me at what I think is a good price

emmy12

Brilliant_Rock
Well, since I gave up on my lab diamond asscher for now, I'll offer some options I'd been eyeing:

8.85mm, D, VS2, $12k, and while it is a VS2, I think a prong would quite easily hide the flaw:

8.9mm, D, VS1, $17k:

Prices can be all over the place honestly, Jon at Distinctive Gems will be able to cut an absolutely lovely asscher, but it will be the most expensive option most likely.

Wowwwww those are gorgeous

Puppy4248

Shiny_Rock

8.9mm, D, VS1, $17k:

hi! oh wow, I've never heard of Frank Darling (and am new to lab diamonds in general) but it's also been 10 years since I've been on PS.

Is Frank Darling a big trusted PS vendor, like are all stones offered by them guaranteed to be good light return? It's hard with fancy cuts vs rounds, your links look amazing but I'm never sure about the performance of asschers especially unless I see them in person? Their settings look good too, it's hard to get the right angles for a Harry Winston type tapered baguette ring...seems like they could do it though?

Any reason in particular you gave up on lab asschers?

This is a really interesting option, thank you! Sorry for the questions!

vintageinjune

Brilliant_Rock
hi! oh wow, I've never heard of Frank Darling (and am new to lab diamonds in general) but it's also been 10 years since I've been on PS.

Is Frank Darling a big trusted PS vendor, like are all stones offered by them guaranteed to be good light return? It's hard with fancy cuts vs rounds, your links look amazing but I'm never sure about the performance of asschers especially unless I see them in person? Their settings look good too, it's hard to get the right angles for a Harry Winston type tapered baguette ring...seems like they could do it though?

Any reason in particular you gave up on lab asschers?

This is a really interesting option, thank you! Sorry for the questions!

I decided to save the money and take my brother and his kids to Disneyland next year instead of buy a lab diamond for now, so nothing to do with the diamonds themselves.

Frank Darling is a trusted PS vendor, smaller/less well known, but trusted and many people here have had great experiences with them.

Their inventory is virtual though, and there is no blanket guarantee for light return. You'll need to ask for ASET images of any stones you are interested in (I never made it that far).

emmy12

Brilliant_Rock
@Puppy4248 did your friend end up moving forward with anything yet? If not, I was browsing the DG site last night to see if he had any new lab grown stuff and saw there's a new 4.07 ct asscher, D VS1 listed (8.96 X 9.07 mm) in the Private Reserve section. As predicted by @vintageinjune the price for the AV Asscher is much higher ($25k) than the FD options she posted.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results