shape
carat
color
clarity

Record Ruby Price

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Richard M.

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
For the connoisseurs here who won''t settle for anything but the very best in gems, a new per carat price record for ruby has been reported.

The AGTA has announced:

"Christie''s shattered the per carat world record for ruby at their February 15, 2006 auction in St. Moritz. The final hammer price of $3.6 million for the 8.62-carat gemstone yielded a staggering $425,000 per carat, nearly double the previous record of $275,000 per carat set less than a year before. This continues the upward price trend of the past few years for fine quality untreated colored gemstones."

Get those huge, clean, untreated rubies while you still can!
31.gif

Richard M.

Top Ruby.jpg

Richard M.

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I forgot to give Christie''s credit for the image. Is that a little window I see?
11.gif

Richard M.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
I saw one just like that for $29.95 the other day.
Its insane that someone would spend that much on it.

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
beautiful looking gem

LuvThatBling

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I don''t care much for the setting, but the ruby itself looks beautiful. At that price, though, it''s a little outta my reach LOL.

MJO

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Looks nice but I wish you could see the stone from the top to look into it more.

Maurice

marriahlyn

Shiny_Rock
I posted the other day about simulated vs. real rubies and I''m pretty sure mine is synthetic but it looks just like the picture posted. Boy if it were real WOW :) I''m now sure it''s synthetic because I wouldn''t believe that even 35 years ago someone would have given something that valuable to my MIL, but my stone looks just like that. I have a bad picture of it.

marriahlyn

Shiny_Rock
oops here's the picture, dreaming it's real but it's 12 x 8.5 so i know it's not. my MIL would not take it back because it was a gift to me. here's to dreaming i hit the lottery LOL It's red like the picture above posted not as dark as it looks in the picture.

redrubyjaime.jpg

raddygast

Shiny_Rock
If that''s real, you can retire now.

May as well take it to a gemologist and have it checked. You can use a crappy/cheap gemologist because all you need is the identification "synthetic vs. real." If it''s real, then you need to take it to a better gemologist to get it properly graded and checked for treatments and so forth.

But, as you say, there''s a 99.9999% chance it''s synthetic. I mean, it''s just too perfect to be otherwise unless your mother-in-law had an (as yet) unknown earlier marrage to the Sultan of Brunei.

gemnut

Shiny_Rock
YIKES!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results