shape
carat
color
clarity

Recommendations in the Diamond District??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

NYDiamond

Rough_Rock
Looking for recommendations of reputable diamond dealers in the Diamond district. I''ve run across 3 names that look like good starting points:

Iannelli Diamonds, Manny Winick and Murray Herman.

Anyone familiar with any of the above?

Additional recommendations would be welcomed.

I''m looking for a 2.5 to 3.0 carat diamond in the H/SI1 range.

Thanks for your help.
1.gif

RockyRay

Rough_Rock
Hate to tell ya this..but it's slim pickins in the Diamond district .. They NYPD shut down the Street a couple of weeks ago and hauled away alot people for Embezzelment..BE VERY CAREFUL there. I have yet to visit jonathan at Goodoldgold but he is in Long Island and is Highly Recommended by alot people in the business and on this board. Check out his site at www.goodoldgold.com

Good Luck. And stay away from the District at all costs unless you intimately know someone who will take you off the street to a cutter that will "Cut" you a Deal.

optimized

Shiny_Rock
I would second Ray's suggestion to contact Jonathan. It's not the "Diamond District," but his Long Island store would likely beat the pants off most of those sometimes-shady district guys anyway.

I'd also contact Barry at SuperbCert. The last address I have for SuperbCert is on West 47th Street, but I believe they may have moved to bigger digs recently. Definitely worth a look, IMO.

-Tim

[/u][/u]

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
I had a setting made by Ianelli before I had read up on the whole topic of buying stones and settings. I'm please with it -- they did a good job. It took much longer to get than was told it would. I priced diamonds in the size you are looking for in the diamond district, and then started looking at e-stones. I think you will get much more stone for your $$ by going through one of the vendors that people have given good references for on this forum. In hind-sight, the 47th street guys were really just "selling" the diamonds -- they were not nearly as knowledgable as many of the people recommended in this forum.

good luck
wavey.gif

diane5006

Brilliant_Rock
Hi...my thougths are if you are going to be in the NYC area...just pop on over to Long Island and see Jonathan and Co. at Good Old Gold. I was down there last weekend and it was great...long drive for me in the rain...but it was worth it...

Best of luck in your search

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results