shape
carat
color
clarity

Recommendations for Sapphire + Setting websites

aiyah28

Rough_Rock
Hi! I'm looking for a light blue or light pink sapphire for an e-ring. I've looked through all the vendors in the sticky post. I would like to buy from a website that sells both the gemstone and the setting together. I've read many posts about the NSC here and I do not want to buy it from there. BlueNile and Brilliantearth don't show the actual gemstone, so I'm reluctant to buy from those websites. Jamesallen is my only choice right now, because they sell and mount the gemstone on a ring. However, I haven't seen anything there that has caught my eye. Based on my search in this forum, Jameallen isn't popular for gemstones.

Can anyone recommend me a vendor that has light blue/pink sapphires + setting? I like cushion cut, above 6mm, and my budget is less than $2K. The setting I want is just a simple solitaire band, nothing custom or fancy.

Thank you!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pearlmans jeweler's. They have a vendor you can browse through gemstones and they are an actual jeweler egocwill set it for you as well.

You can shop for both setting and stone on their website.

aiyah28

Rough_Rock
Thank you Niel. I found a light blue sapphire at Pearlmans and requested they send more pictures in different lights. All the pictures they sent showed a much darker stone than the picture on the website. It is this stone: http://www.pearlmansjewelers.com/gemstones.php?sku=6108. The description says "medium cornflower blue", so I think the pictures they emailed to me more accurately reflects this. I'm very impressed with their response time - about 30mins after I requested for more pics.

I do love the color of the spinel you suggested. But because I will wear it everyday and I'm quite rough with my hands, I want a sapphire. I have a a magenta spinel ring that I bought while traveling in Burma (Myanmar). I also bought a beautiful light blue sapphire pendant while I was there. I'm leaning more towards getting a light blue sapphire to match my necklace.

What do you guys think about Laurie Sarah? There aren't many reviews here, but I see that they sell gemstone + setting too.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
aiyah28|1445528289|3941067 said:
Thank you Niel. I found a light blue sapphire at Pearlmans and requested they send more pictures in different lights. All the pictures they sent showed a much darker stone than the picture on the website. It is this stone: http://www.pearlmansjewelers.com/gemstones.php?sku=6108. The description says "medium cornflower blue", so I think the pictures they emailed to me more accurately reflects this. I'm very impressed with their response time - about 30mins after I requested for more pics.

I do love the color of the spinel you suggested. But because I will wear it everyday and I'm quite rough with my hands, I want a sapphire. I have a a magenta spinel ring that I bought while traveling in Burma (Myanmar). I also bought a beautiful light blue sapphire pendant while I was there. I'm leaning more towards getting a light blue sapphire to match my necklace.

What do you guys think about Laurie Sarah? There aren't many reviews here, but I see that they sell gemstone + setting too.

Spinel are durable enough to wear everyday. Plus, you'd have enough money to buy a setting that could protected it like a halo or a bezel, or both.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
aiyah28|1445528289|3941067 said:

Can you share the photos they gave you ?

aiyah28

Rough_Rock
Niel|1445533720|3941102 said:
Can you share the photos they gave you ?[/quote said:
I hope I attached it correctly. I like the "overhead fluorescent office lights" the best.

afternoondirectsunlight.jpg

_34985.jpg

overheadflorescentofficelights.jpg

throughshadedwindowoppositethesun.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results