shape
carat
color
clarity

Recommendations for good *antique-friendly* bench in NYC?

Ganesha

Shiny_Rock
Hi all, :wavey:

I have a lovely OEC engagement ring that belonged to my grandmother, but the antique setting is in need of repair. The shank has become extremely thin and out of round, plus I'd like to have it sized down so I can wear it as a RHR. I'm guessing it may need to be re-shanked...?

I'd like to find a jeweler in NYC who's sensitive to the antique and sentimental nature of this piece. Any recommendations?

Will post pics soon!

Thanks!

~G

Ganesha

Shiny_Rock
Re: Recommendations for good *antique-friendly* bench in NYC

As promised, some pics of this sweet little ring (sorry they're not the greatest photos!).

It's never been appraised, but I estimate the center stone to be between .5 and .6 carat, somewhere around an H color and VS clarity, though it does have a visible chip on one of the bezel facets that's partially hidden under a prong.

ganesha0365.jpg

ganesha0367.jpg

ganesha0360.jpg

Ninama

Brilliant_Rock

Ooooh.... how pretty - I love Nana rings. I recently had my Nana's wedding ring worked on and I know how it feels to trust the care of something so dear to another! Sorry I can't help with a referral as I'm on the West coast (I took my ring to Single Stone), but I'm sure you'll get some good leads here. There must be many to choose from in NYC and a solid recommendation would be reassuring.

BrigetMass

Rough_Rock

I love antiques they are good in the eyes but they are so strong in type and wise to use from.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results