shape
carat
color
clarity

Recommendations for Denver are jewelers

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

roadtonowhere444

Rough_Rock
I have been shopping around to get a pair of 2ctw studs for myself. I like the online pricing, but I prefer to see the stones irl.
Any recommendation? Preferably jewelers with good pricing? I prefer not to deal with chain stores.
thanks

dee96789

Rough_Rock
One jeweler I liked was Sonny''s when we were looking at engagement rings. As for diamond studs... I just picked up a pair (nothing nearly as nice I the ones I''ve seen here) from Shane. I picked them mostly because I could see the studs and I could get about a 1 ctw for a better price and looked better than the ones in the maul stores.

roadtonowhere444

Rough_Rock
dee, whats the specs and do you mind telling me how much the studs cost from shane?
believe it or not, I have never been to shane.

dee96789

Rough_Rock
I do not have have detailed specs.... the preset studs do not come with any grading reports... they say that the studs are at least I in color and SI-2 in clarity (no measurements on table, depth, etc).

The only information about the studs it that they are 1.05 ct and set in 14K white gold. The price does reflect the lack of information...1345. The reason I picked them up was because in this situation, I was looking within a certain price range at about a 1 ct weight.

My hunch is that the diamonds are more like I clarity, but almost eye clean. On one of the studs I can see a small feather right in the middle of the table, but when its on my ear I can't see anything. One of the studs is also a smidge yellower than the other (also cannot tell once on ears), but the cut looks okay. I can actually see arrows under the loupe... of course this is nothing like the beautiful cut diamonds I've seen on PS, but for the price and the sparkle, I'm really happy.(I know that other PSers hate Shane Co, but I was pretty happy there.) Definetly the best uncerted studs I have seen in person yet.

If you have the budget and are looking at 2ct... I might look at trying to create you're own set from loose stones. Nice thing about some of the PS vendors is that you can always check out the stuff since they have a decent return policy. -Dee

stogs5

Rough_Rock
Try Trice Jewelers. I found them to be more flexable and accomodating than Shane Co.

dbsdiamonds

Shiny_Rock
It is understandable to want to "see" the diamonds of choice but the online community offers way better aggressive pricing to save you big bucks plus many out there have reputations beyond reproach. Everyone (reputable) offers a return policy and you will be better served in this capacity with getting the best gems for the best value with people IN THE KNOW, not $7 staffers with extremely light experience and no access to the real diamond world.

Marty
CEO/Pres
Diamond Brokerage Service
www.dbsdiamonds.com

roadtonowhere444

Rough_Rock
tank you for the reply. I will check out trice.

It is true tho... that online vendors give such good prices. I was a bit worried about not able to see the stones irl because it is such a significant investment for me. i have smaller studs (0.8c) for everyday use and if I get the 2c pair, it will the "ONE" pair that will live with me forever.

anyways, keep the suggestions coming guys....
thanks again

Diamond Explorer

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Date: 11/7/2008 5:51:56 PM
Author: dbsdiamonds
It is understandable to want to ''see'' the diamonds of choice but the online community offers way better aggressive pricing to save you big bucks plus many out there have reputations beyond reproach. Everyone (reputable) offers a return policy and you will be better served in this capacity with getting the best gems for the best value with people IN THE KNOW, not $7 staffers with extremely light experience and no access to the real diamond world.

Marty

CEO/Pres

Diamond Brokerage Service

www.dbsdiamonds.com

Thats a bit condescending. There are many jewelry retail pros that understand the diamond world quite well, and can provide great service and information. And btw, they make ALOT more than 7$...

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have many things from Shane including studs and love them. You can pick their studs out of the case which they say are HI / SI or better or pick your own diamonds and have studs made. When you pick out your own you''ll know the color and clarity and their cut is coded with "M" 0-5 (0 being the best). I have been to Trice and they will discount their prices but I didn''t like their quality as well.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results