shape
carat
color
clarity

Recommendations for Appraiser in Portland, OR

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Carmel

Shiny_Rock
I know this post is very self-serving, but I’m looking for the name of a very reputable appraiser in Portland, Oregon ~

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Carmel,

It's only self-serving if you ARE an appraiser in Portland. Even that's ok but you should be forthcoming about such things if this is the case.

Try:

Mona L. Miller-Smith
Portland, OR 97204-2516
(503) 274-7022

Best Regards,
Neil Beaty GG ISA
Independent Appraisals in Denver
www.gemlab.us

Carmel

Shiny_Rock
denverappraiser ~

My, you are a quick draw! Thanks for the info, an BTW, I'm just a nobody setting the groundwork for when I finally find THE stone.

rms

Brilliant_Rock
Neil,

just curious...do you have personal experience or knowledge of the person you recommended? Thanks.

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Rita,

No, I've never worked with her. I recommended here because she is a Master Gemologist Appraiser with ASA. This is a group of appraisers who pride themselves on doing good work and I've never met one that isn't worth recommending. I also looked for ISA-CAPP's, the top group form ISA but there wasn't one in your area. If you decide to use her, let us know how your experience goes. I'm sure there are other customers who will be interested.

Neil Beaty GG ISA
Independent Appraisals in Denver
www.gemlab.us

Carmel

Shiny_Rock
As a side note, she is also listed on the NiceIce website.

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
I received an email from a Portland designer a couple weeks back who said he does considerable business with Mona Miller-Smith of PGL (Portland Gemological Laboratory).

His name is Greg Gates of [email protected], and he gave her "two thumbs up". I'm sure he wouldn't mind if you contacted him for a reference.

Here's PGL's website address:

http://www.pacificgemlab.net/

gregates

Rough_Rock
PGL

We use this appraisal source regularly. PGL (Pacific Gemological Laboratory, Inc.), is an independent, third party, appraiser, located in downtown Portland. We have NO affiliation with PGL, other than being a customer.

We want the evaluations of our customer’s diamonds and rings to be totally unbiased and accurate, so we utilize PGL to perform our appraisals.

And they don't pull any punches. If a customer ever tried to influence a report, they would just never work with that customer again.

There have been 3 or 4 times in that last 6 years, when PGL told us stuff we did not want to hear about a gemstone being reviewed. But that is EXACTLY what we are looking for, that is: A 100% accurate report of our customer's gemstones.

They are also the primary appraiser used by the Portland, OR Police department for crime investigation.

Carmel they are good, real good.

Warmest Regards,
Greg Gates

Carmel

Shiny_Rock
As a matter of fact, I called PGL just the other day to do a little of my own investigating. I can tell you that I got some very, very positive vibes during my conversation. I even nosed around a little to see if they would “suggest” a jeweler for goldsmith work and I couldn’t make them crack!! Their primary resident GIA GG is currently on maternity leave, and their second-in-command holds some very high credentials. I feel the utmost confidence in using them when I finally get a stone (again, the hardest part of the equation!).

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results