shape
carat
color
clarity

Recommendation for tennis bracelet

jz112896

Rough_Rock
Hi All,

I am planning to purchase a tennis bracelet during the holiday season.
I have several questions.
First, I see four prongs setting more often than three prongs. That’s the trend? Will 3 prongs make the stone looks bigger?
Second, what’s the best size for daily? 4,5,6 or 7 ctw?
Third, should I go with online vendors or local jewelers?

Thanks.

Kaycee2018

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
These links might be helpful.

Mine is 5ctw in 3 prongs from ID Jewelry in NYC. They offer 4 prong and some smaller bezel options as well, or they can make something custom. 3 prongs makes each diamond stand out and look more round, 4 prongs makes the bracelet look more like one continuous piece. Super sparkly and the perfect size for every day wear, but that depends on your lifestyle. Some people prefer smaller and other prefer larger for every day. GL

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Lots of pics of various settings and sizes in this thread.

Kaycee2018

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Lots of pics of various settings and sizes in this thread.

Thanks, @LLJsmom! Thats the other thread I meant to link.

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
The total carat weight of the bracelet doesn't really mean anything because different bracelets are different lengths. Bracelets of different lengths will have different numbers of diamonds in them. For example, a 7" bracelet will have fewer diamonds than a 7 1/2" bracelet, so will have a lower ctw for the same sized diamonds.

First you'll need to know your own wrist size and also how loose or tight you want your bracelet to be on your wrist. Then you'll need to know what size diamonds you want in your bracelet.

I'd recommend trying on several tennis bracelets with different size diamonds to get a feel for what size you prefer. You can even try on CZ bracelets to get a feel for the size because CZs are similar to diamonds in terms of carat weight to millimeter spread.

I ordered a few different size CZ bracelets from Ross-Simmons to test. Then I returned all but one which I still have and wear as I save up for my bracelet.

I hope this is helpful.

Last edited:

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Also, the style of the setting influences the number of diamonds needed in the bracelet.

The 3 prong settings I've looked at hold the diamonds slightly farther apart (and require slightly fewer diamonds) then the 4 prong settings. (This may not be true for all 3 vs 4 prongs, but it is true for the handful of ones I've investigated.)

Some people recommend the 4 prongs because you have the security of an extra prong keeping your diamond from falling out. I totally get the appeal of that!

I personally really like the look of the 3 prong, and I'm fortunate to not have to worry too terribly much if a diamond falls out. Yeah, it would be annoying, but not the end of the world as I could easily replace one diamond if need be. So for me, I'll probably go with the 3 prong as it matches my stud earrings and I just personally really like the sleek, minimalist look it provides.

There are many different looks and styles, so try some on and see what works best for you.

jz112896

Rough_Rock
Thanks all the suggestions. I think I will go with3 prongs and 5 ctw. Do I need to worry about color and clarity? I saw many have higher color and lower clarity combination.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results