shape
carat
color
clarity

Recommendation for gem appraiser london

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mousey

Shiny_Rock
Hi all,
Does anyone know a reputable appraiser in London (perhaps hatton garden), who specializes in gems. I want to get my cc bi-color unheated sapphire appraised before setting it. I will post pics once the ring is finished (tried w the stone and it did nt work out very well).
Thanks

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
I use Richard Ogden in Burlington Arcade for everything - and have always been very happy with their work.

They appraised my brother's FI's ring. They also know their coloured stones. Mr Ogden was one of VERY few jewellers in London who knew my stone was a tsavorite and not an emerald.

I don't get my own pieces appraised as I buy from people I trust implicitly and I'm happy to work out my own insurance values, but if I was getting an appraisal done that is where I would go.

Holts in Hatton Garden is another reputable company and has loads of coloured stones for sale. I was a bit disappointed when I went in wanting to see a few types of gemstone (agreed they were not the most usual kind) and the SA hadn't got a clue what they were or if they had any.

mousey

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Pandora.

oldmancoyote

Brilliant_Rock
Eric Emms (www.ericemms.com) is a very competent gemologist working as an indipendent appraiser. He is based in Hatton Gardens.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results