shape
carat
color
clarity

recommend your every day lipstick

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love origins cubby pencil in mauve and I wear L''Oreal in sandstorm or sandblast.

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/16/2007 6:05:24 PM
Author: NewShiny
You can''t go wrong with Clinique lip shine in Black Honey. Its not a lipstick and its not a gloss, look for the skinny sliver tubes. You can put on a lot or a little depending on the look you''re going for.
I agree w/ you. I got that Clinique Black Honey in a GWP and used it all the way to the very bottom - great stuff!

I also like Prescriptives semi lipstick in Bellini, very light, more like gloss. For more coverage I love the quality of the Shiseido products. I blend their #8 with many lipcolors and am rarely disappointed.

Diamond Fan - starting a makeup line is one of my dreamy fantasies. Before I got into money management I worked for Lauder at their NY HQ. Amazing company and amazing industry. I still dream about going back to it on and off. My two great loves: makeup and money. Now I guess I have diamonds as #3, which is sort of an odd combo of the two.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beacon, I like them all too!!!

I think Estee Lauder was an amazing woman, basically singlehandedly started the gift with purchase concept and at last glance owned Lauder, Clinque, Perscriptives, Aramis, Mac, Bobbi Brown, Stila, Origins...and Flirt and American Beauty. Pretty amazing for a woman in a work environment that was not so friendly to women back in the day when she got the idea to go to the local department store and sell her cream and perfume...I think it was, until recently, totally family owned and run, though I am not sure that is the case anymore. I do not think the world needs one more make up line, but boy is that a dream of mine...

zhuzhu

Ideal_Rock
I love Burt''s Bee''s lip shimmers in all color ranges. The riches of the red and sweetness of the pink are just delicious. The minty sensation in the ingredients make it so extra cool too!
http://www.burtsbees.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10751&storeId=10101&productId=14959&langId=-1&categoryId=&showSubCategory=yes

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/17/2007 12:49:29 AM
Author: Beacon

Date: 3/16/2007 6:05:24 PM
Author: NewShiny
You can''t go wrong with Clinique lip shine in Black Honey. Its not a lipstick and its not a gloss, look for the skinny sliver tubes. You can put on a lot or a little depending on the look you''re going for.
I agree w/ you. I got that Clinique Black Honey in a GWP and used it all the way to the very bottom - great stuff!

I also like Prescriptives semi lipstick in Bellini, very light, more like gloss. For more coverage I love the quality of the Shiseido products. I blend their #8 with many lipcolors and am rarely disappointed.

Diamond Fan - starting a makeup line is one of my dreamy fantasies. Before I got into money management I worked for Lauder at their NY HQ. Amazing company and amazing industry. I still dream about going back to it on and off. My two great loves: makeup and money. Now I guess I have diamonds as #3, which is sort of an odd combo of the two.
Beacon, I bet you''d be wonderful at it! Can you please just put out a line that is not uber expensive? Thanks in advance, lol!

Erin Lauder was once featured in Vogue maybe 8-10 yrs. ago...I thought she was sooooo beautiful and sophisticated. Never knew much of Estee but I love her Beautiful perfume and her granddaughter is just lovely.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m not a fan of lip stick, but love lip glosses. My two favorites are MAC VIVA GLAM V and Chanel Glow. Both go with nearly EVERY color of eye makeup and blush and nearly all colors of clothes and are pinkish mauve. The MAC gloss is more shimmery. (The Chanel one is Limited Edition. . .I''ve heard that Chanel Giggle is the perfect "your lips, but better" pink mauve, so that one is worth trying out!)

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/17/2007 1:18:26 AM
Author: diamondfan
Beacon, I like them all too!!!

I think Estee Lauder was an amazing woman, basically singlehandedly started the gift with purchase concept and at last glance owned Lauder, Clinque, Perscriptives, Aramis, Mac, Bobbi Brown, Stila, Origins...and Flirt and American Beauty. Pretty amazing for a woman in a work environment that was not so friendly to women back in the day when she got the idea to go to the local department store and sell her cream and perfume...I think it was, until recently, totally family owned and run, though I am not sure that is the case anymore. I do not think the world needs one more make up line, but boy is that a dream of mine...
Estee Lauder sold off Stila. Sadly since doing so, Stila has really been strugling
7.gif
I love Stila so much. If I had won the mega million jackpot from a few weeks back, I would have purchased the company! lol

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
I don't wear lipstick, but every day for the past 2 or 3 years I've worn MAC Prrr Lipglass. I have a few other lipglasses, including viva glam and some other one, but I wear Prrr on a daily basis.

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
I swear by Lancome''s Juicy Tubes. Will never wear anything else...I like almost every color.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Stila got pulled from the department stores and it is seeming not to do well now...how sad.

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
I love lipstick, but I find that I usually don''t buy the same thing twice because there are just so many colors to choose from.
Also, I am really particular about smell and taste, so I even if I like a color by a certain brand, if it has a funny perfumey taste, I won''t buy it. For example I like some Loreal colors, but their lipsticks and glosses have a smell to them that I just can''t get used to, so I skip over them at the drugstore.

I have olive tan colored skin and I prefer nude to pinkish brown colors on myself.

I actually just bought lipstick/lipgloss two days ago. I bought Christian Dior lipgloss in 434(I think that is the number), it''s a very neutral nude lipgloss called Euphoric Beige, with a slight shimmer to it. It''s the second time I have bought it, so I must like it.

I also bought a new color by Elizabeth Arden called Perfect Bronze. They didn''t even get a chance to put it out on the counter, the SA took it out of her sample bag for me to try, although they did have the color in stock. I liked it because it actually adds a bit more color to my lips than I would normally wear.

I used to wear Chanel lipgloss in Blush all the time, but they discontinued that color and replaced it with Giggle, which is also a really nice nude color, but a little lighter.

Also, I love Khiel''s lip balm for plain lip quenching therapy. Once you try it, you can''t live without it. I even use it on my other dry areas!!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just ordered some stuff from the San Francisco Benefit store, the stuff is so new it is not on line yet.

Siamese Kitty

Brilliant_Rock
If you''re looking for a good gloss that is sheer with metallic sparkle, I use Clinique glosswear #330 "Thrilling". It doesn''t have a whole lot of color on its own, but it has a really pretty shine, and it looks good on top of other colors. BTW-I''m blonde with olive skin.

liaspar

Rough_Rock
Nars Gipsy is just the right amount of red yet still looks natural. I''ll also give another vote for Clinique Black Honey. Though the color is excellent, I find it doesn''t last more than an hour on me.

chickflick

Shiny_Rock
Lipstick is one of the few things I will actually splurge and spend money on, but funnily enough the one I''m loving most these days is an Avon lipsdtick. I bought it from the sweet Avon lady at work for like, $3.99. It''s a neutral pinky-brown called Heavenly Cappucino and it really does stay on for quite a while. Other than that I also love a Bobbi Brown lipstick in a color called Redwood. I don''t like liptstick to be too glossy or shiny so I kind of stick with mattes.

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
thanks girls! i''ve taken notes, and will be hitting the dept store to try some of these! will keep you posted!!
emsmile.gif

sap483

Brilliant_Rock
I usually wear MAC Viva Glam VI, or Vincent Longo''s Amalfi Dream Lipgloss. I hate stickiness on my lips, and his lipglosses are not sticky at all!

golden

Shiny_Rock
CHANEL LIP GLOSSES- I HAVE BEEN WEARING THEM FOR YEARS NOW AND THEY ALWAYS COME OUT WITH NEW COLORS, SOMETIMES ILL MIX THE COLORS AS WELL. WHEN YOU BUY THEM, MAKE SURE YOU OPEN THEM SLOWLY TO MAKE SURE THEY HAVE NEVER BEEN PUMPED. IF YOU SEE GLOSS AROUND THE EDGE OF THE INSIDE, YOU KNOW THEY HAVE BEEN PUMPED AND THEY WILL GIVE YOU A NEW ONE!
MY FAVS ARE BRILLIANCE, BLACK TIE, AND FORCE.

Giada

Shiny_Rock
I''m a lip-glosser as well. I''m completely addicted to Rosebud Salve Lip Balm. I put in on in the morning before any make-up.

For everyday color, I use Zoya, MAC or Chanel glosses. I''m particularly fond of these:

Zoya: Sorbet, Minx
MAC: Poco Pink, Pink Lemonade, Prrr, Wonderstruck
Chanel: Twinkle, Pin UP

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/16/2007 8:10:45 PM
Author: katebar
I love Chanel lipsticks in particular the Aqualumiere range there creamy great colours nad pretty long wearing. I love the colour bengal and have it at work in the car and in my handbag
1.gif
. I get them off strawberrynet.com which is loads cheaper than in Australia and psotage is free!
I also like the 8 hour cream sheer lipsticks by ELizabeth Arden.

Ditto on the Chanel Aqualumiere lipsticks - I use #36, Yucatan and absolutely love it! It''s not heavy and doesn''t dry out your lips either.

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/16/2007 9:58:09 PM
Thanks! We do not have a free standing boutique but I will call SF to see about getting it sent!

Diamondfan - not sure if there''s a Sephora near you, but if you go to their website, it looks like you can get it online from them. There''s a store across the street from my office which I''m going to check out tonight...I''m intrigued about this lipstick!
31.gif

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/17/2007 1:21:54 AM
Author: zhuzhu
I love Burt''s Bee''s lip shimmers in all color ranges. The riches of the red and sweetness of the pink are just delicious. The minty sensation in the ingredients make it so extra cool too!
http://www.burtsbees.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10751&storeId=10101&productId=14959&langId=-1&categoryId=&showSubCategory=yes
I totally agree!! This is all I''ve been wearing lately. I love the colors and the feel of them. I think I have 5 or 6 different colors but my very favorite is Merlot.
36.gif

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/17/2007 4:49:02 PM
I just ordered some stuff from the San Francisco Benefit store, the stuff is so new it is not on line yet.
DF, I hope that you like the new lipsticks! What colors did you get? Please let me know what you think about ''em.

I''m paranoid that the Lip-Silkys are going to sell out superfast since they''re not widely available yet, so I''m going back to the Benefit Boutique this Friday to stock up!
3.gif

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
I read this post, didn't write anything and thought about it doing my make-up this morning...LOL

I'm nutty... I use a lipliner base of sorts, which is just my cover-up very lightly over my natural lip color...Chanel's Vitalumieries Fluide Coverup (Opaline, I think),

Then I use a Sephora #611A lipliner to match almost perfectly my natural lip tone (To make the lip pout and extend and define natural lines), and then Chanel's lipline to add highlights #6114 (whose name i can no longer read, as it's now a stub of a thing and needs to be replaced, but no one seems to CARRY IT!), ans then instead of lipstick I blend in my favorite...Bigelow Mentha Lip Tint in No. 1136. That pepermint oil infusion has me addicted, it smells great and (gross I know) TASTES pretty good!

If i dress up a bit and want a natural look i use Chanel Rouge Hydrabase (so thick and sumptuous!) #50- Félin with the Le Crayon Lèvres in Mordore-Nude or if I want extra color (if I am photographing for anything like pictures) I might touch up with Chanel's Le Crayon Gloss lipliner in Chocolat (#5919).

Ok, so I fake the lipstick with lipliners and gloss...I feel it's more natural and less heavy but still colors the lips and defines.

Slightly off post but...since when did Sephora stock carrying Chanel make-up? AND WHY?!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
In reference to my previous post, since I can''t edit it anymore, the pinky browny color from MAC that I just got is called ''twig.''

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/19/2007 2:41:32 PM
Author: FireGoddess
In reference to my previous post, since I can''t edit it anymore, the pinky browny color from MAC that I just got is called ''twig.''
Twig is awesome! A very pretty neutral color that looks good on just about all skin tones!
1.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/19/2007 2:43:30 PM
Author: KristyDarling

Date: 3/19/2007 2:41:32 PM
Author: FireGoddess
Twig is awesome! A very pretty neutral color that looks good on just about all skin tones!
1.gif
I''m totally in love with it. The SA said it was one of the colors that fly off the shelves...as evidenced by the fact that I bought the last tube in the store that day!!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
it is finally on the benefit site but I do not see the color KD mentioned, and it was not on Sephora the other day, though it could be now! Thanks!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Twig is great, used to be called Twiggy...it is likely one of their most popular colors!

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
Awesome call KD on the BeneFit lip silkys! Finally I am un-sick enuf to do something, so I went to Bloomingdales in Stanford and lo and behold, they have those silky finish lipstick/glosses. They just got them in.

This thing could seriously be my new best friend. I bought ''RocketPop''. Love the color and the amount of coverage - not overly heavy. I am totally enamoured by the texture of these things. Maybe the best lipgloss/lipstick I ever put on. And perfect for the nice weather we have out right now.

When I am in a more vigorous mood, I''ll go there again and check the whole range of those silkys. It''s definitely one I can use in a bunch of colors.

It really brightened up my Friday!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results