shape
carat
color
clarity

recommend your every day lipstick

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
i used to wear "maybelline wet shine" in wine shine everyday. lo and behold they''ve discontinued it. i love this shade because it had some gloss, and was very light in coverage. Shade was sort of a pinkish mauve---not strong at ALL, and just a nice subtle hint of color to round off the face make up.

since then, i''ve been buying all kinds of lipsticks that seem similar but aren''t! Either too strong, thick, bright, caked after some time---it''s sooooo frustrating! i''m spending 10 bucks a day trying new lipsticks when i''m supposed to be saving for a wedding!
emwink.gif
So thought i''d ask you girls. i''m olive skined, but i think the shade i''m looking for would look good on everyone anyway..

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
My everyday lipstick is by Revlon, moistrous Lipcolor Orchid Mist, #140. Comes in a silver tube. I love it. Maybe go to a MAC store, they have nice lipsticks. Tons of different colors to choose from.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
revlon moondrops color 260. It''s very smooth and hydrates my lips very well. I can''t stand lipsticks that aren''t comfortable or dry out my lips.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
I''ve never been a real lipstick wearer - so take this for what it''s worth. I usually wore Estee Lauder or Clinique. A friend turned me on the Burt''s Bees tinted gloss lipbalm. Not only is it moisterizing - it''s a nice subtle shade w/ a bit of a gloss. May be worth a try at around $3.00.
2.gif

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just bought a lipstick that I *love* yesterday... it is a clinique lipstick and the shade is raspberry rush. It is not too pink, not too brown, not too plum, not too orange... it is just the exact perfect color for my lips to bring out a dark enough color without being overpoweringly dark (which I also like sometimes). I also love how it is light and creamy and yet not thick and heavy. It is as smooth as silk when I rub my lips together, there is NO stickiness (which I hate) and the color isn''t overly sheer, no flavor, no glop. I *love* it. Finally!! I have 2 gallon bags filled with lipsticks I never wear. I vowed to not buy any more unless I love it and just yesterday I found one I loved!!!

this is what it says about it and I have to say "comfort" is exactly where it is at... it is like silk - the most comfortable lipstick I''ve ever worn!

Colour Surge Butter Shine Lipstick
The creamiest, richest, smoothest lip colour you can imagine. Our revolutionary gel formula delivers the shine of a gloss, the comfort of a lipstick. Drenches lips in moist, lush colour that glides on buttery-soft, feels luxuriously smooth.

http://www.clinique.com/templates/products/sp_shaded.tmpl?CATEGORY_ID=CATEGORY4903&PRODUCT_ID=PROD8997

I *love* this lipstick!! I may have to get more LOL

NewShiny

Shiny_Rock
You can''t go wrong with Clinique lip shine in Black Honey. Its not a lipstick and its not a gloss, look for the skinny sliver tubes. You can put on a lot or a little depending on the look you''re going for.

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Blistex...I''m so addicted. Some days it''s Blistex and liner with a bit of gloss on top.

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
My standbys are Claret Cream (in winter), and Amber Rose (in summer), both by Merle Norman.
1.gif

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/16/2007 6:43:55 PM
Author: Miranda
Blistex...I'm so addicted. Some days it's Blistex and liner with a bit of gloss on top.
from what I understand, blistex is *literally* addictive... meaning the more you use it the less your lips produce their own moisture, resulting in you not being able to live without it.

ETA - too funny, there is an entire site about ending lip balm addiction LOL! I personally love burts bees... get the same peppermint tingle but without that need to constantly put more on like when I used blistex (years ago).

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/16/2007 6:51:26 PM
Author: Cehrabehra

Blistex...I''m so addicted. Some days it''s Blistex and liner with a bit of gloss on top.
from what I understand, blistex is *literally* addictive... meaning the more you use it the less your lips produce their own moisture, resulting in you not being able to live without it.
I know. I can''t kick the habit!!!!!!!!!!!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/16/2007 6:53:32 PM

Date: 3/16/2007 6:51:26 PM

I know. I can''t kick the habit!!!!!!!!!!!
oh I totally know what you mean from one former addict to another LOL I haven''t TOUCHED blistex for gosh, 15 years. I used to use it all the time and when the stuff wore off my lips needed more and would get chapped again within a couple days if I ran out... I know that supposedly there is no evidence to back this up BUT I switched to vaseline and a couple months later I no longer had that addiction and I won''t touch that stuff!!! I do love burts bees though, the original in the yellow stick... it tingles and tastes good but I can wear it or not wear it and don''t have that urgency to put more on LOL I also have the burts bees with the color - gosh, about 6 tubes of it (almost every color lol) and I think it is the merlot that I like best... but the color didn''t last even remotely as long as I prefer and I do like lipstick - in theory... though that lipstick I bought yesterday (clinique - I think it has shea butter in it!) is so awesome I put it on today a few times even though I wasn''t seeing anyone LOL It just feels like silk!!!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have a few favorites, in the summer I tend to like sheers, or stains, and in the winter or fall something heavier...I love things that look like your lip tone only a bit deeper, and I do not like heavy or drying formulas.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i am a lip glosser...i don''t really have lipsticks necessarily. i only use MAC tubes and i have about 3 in my makeup bag in my purse at any given point in time. my faves are lovechild; viva glam V or VI; and some new chrome glass one that i like that i can''t recall right now. it''s a bit more opaque than gloss but then i put gloss over it. i am really low maintenance about makeup so i usually only wear gloss and eyeshadow with some bronzer.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Looooooooooooooooove MAC...all my makeup comes from them.

I got a new lipstick there recently - I'll check on the color but it's a pinky browny color. I have one in 'verve' (dark) and 'hug me' (caramel color) and 'underground' (very striking red)....I could go on...but they are great at picking colors for you and having you try them on so you walk out with something you love.

I also have their lipglass (yes, they call it lipGLASS) in a few shades...this is their gloss and while I love it, I don't wear it much because my long hair gets stuck in it!!!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mara, my hubby wishes I were that easy...make up is one of my addictions, I used to think I would love to start a new line of make up someday but who knows, I doubt it at this point...

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
I wear Loreal Color Riche in "Raspberries". The color is exactly like the description, a very fruity red. Lipstick is the ultimate necessity for me, I have the palest lips out of anyone I know, my natural lip color blends to the rest of my face!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG, janinegirly and all the rest of you ladies -- you MUST try Benefit''s brand-new "Silky-Finish Lipstick!" I just bought two tubes today and for the first time in my life, I am *floored* by lipstick! It''s more like lipstick/lip-gloss because it goes on SO moist that it''s like lip gloss, even though it''s in stick form. They have several beautiful shades form nude to dramatic. It''s pretty sheer and shiny though, so it''s perfect for every day! Some are sparkly (glimmery), and others are regular. I bought Make Nice (has shimmer glitteriness going on) and Sugar Rush (plain gloss). LOVE THEM!!!

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
I love Chanel lipsticks in particular the Aqualumiere range there creamy great colours nad pretty long wearing. I love the colour bengal and have it at work in the car and in my handbag
1.gif
. I get them off strawberrynet.com which is loads cheaper than in Australia and psotage is free!
I also like the 8 hour cream sheer lipsticks by ELizabeth Arden.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kristy, I cannot find it on their site, where did you get it?

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Dior is the one formulation that never gives me trouble--I wear them all the time in pale or sheer caramels and apricots. Just bought the apricot lipstick and orange nectar gloss. Feels moisturizing without being sticky/tacky" and is quite sheer.

MAC has a nice pink--called Sandy. I often by the gloss in the boxed set at Christmas, yet rarely use more than two of the colors. But I buy them anyway. And the only red I can wear is All Heart by Clinique.

cheers--Sharon

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/16/2007 7:10:13 PM
Author: FireGoddess

I got a new lipstick there recently - I''ll check on the color but it''s a pinky browny color. I have one in ''verve'' (dark) and ''hug me'' (caramel color) and ''underground'' (very striking red)....I could go on...but they are great at picking colors for you and having you try them on so you walk out with something you love.

I also have their lipglass (yes, they call it lipGLASS) in a few shades...this is their gloss and while I love it, I don''t wear it much because my long hair gets stuck in it!!!
I tried almost every lipstick at the mac counter about 2 months ago and walked away with nothing
7.gif
I didn''t like a single shade... they''re kinda too thick feeling for me but up until yesterday I was willing to deal with just about anything for the right color and no such luck! I don''t like high gloss stuff or metalic/pearly stuff. I prefer a light shine that looks natural - or matte.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/16/2007 8:33:41 PM

I tried almost every lipstick at the mac counter about 2 months ago and walked away with nothing
7.gif
I didn''t like a single shade... they''re kinda too thick feeling for me but up until yesterday I was willing to deal with just about anything for the right color and no such luck! I don''t like high gloss stuff or metalic/pearly stuff. I prefer a light shine that looks natural - or matte.
HI Cehra:

Try Dior. Their Ultra Shine or Ultra Nude are very sheer. Hint of color and moisturizing.

cheers--Sharon

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/16/2007 8:11:59 PM
Author: diamondfan
Kristy, I cannot find it on their site, where did you get it?
Ditto.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like some of the Laura Mercier gloss stick lipsticks, and there are a couple of great Nars sheers, Hindu, which is a relatively new color, looks YICK in the tube but goes on with a berry stain look that I love. Trish McEvoy also makes some great sheer types, that look nice on most skins. I also like some of the Bobbi Brown ones, there are sheers and these pot ones that I really like, can be a lip or cheek color...pink truffle is great. If they are tooo glossy I do not like it because they do not stay on...so it is hard to find one that is a mix of glossy but with staying power...

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s a brand-new lipstick...the boutique here in SF (on Chestnut St) just got their shipment in yesterday. It might be so new that it''s not available online yet. Check your local Benefit boutique!
1.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks! We do not have a free standing boutique but I will call SF to see about getting it sent!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cool! Let me know how it works out! The San Francisco Benefit SAs are very helpful and knowledgeable. Just let them know your coloring and lipstick shade preferences and they''ll do a great job recommending colors for you. They''re $16 so you won''t take too big a hit if you don''t like them. They probably have a return policy, but I''m not sure.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I got a new lipstick there recently - I''ll check on the color but it''s a pinky browny color. I have one in ''verve'' (dark) and ''hug me'' (caramel color) and ''underground'' (very striking red)....I could go on...but they are great at picking colors for you and having you try them on so you walk out with something you love.

I also have their lipglass (yes, they call it lipGLASS) in a few shades...this is their gloss and while I love it, I don''t wear it much because my long hair gets stuck in it!!!
LOL, I have the same issue FG! I don''t wear it very often for the same reason, and also I hated how I would throw a juicy tube in my purse and it would end up getting all lint-y for some reason...finally I sort of gave up on the lip gloss thing. I use my DH''s Burt''s Bees now, and Chapstick during the day underneath a very neutral maybelline color that has now been discontinued (luckily I stocked up when I discovered I loved it).

I used to love darker berry/coffee colors for winter, but DH decidedly does not like dark colors on lips, so I seldom go for "color" now, usually just something that''s a couple shades darker than my natural lip color for everyday wear.

Oh, and Aquaphor at night before going to bed...I smear it all over my mouth, including outside my lip line. And if I get a little carried away, it makes for a fun good night kiss since it''s not flavored or girly, lol!
2.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/16/2007 4:00:05 PM
Author:janinegirly
i used to wear ''maybelline wet shine'' in wine shine everyday. lo and behold they''ve discontinued it. i love this shade because it had some gloss, and was very light in coverage. Shade was sort of a pinkish mauve---not strong at ALL, and just a nice subtle hint of color to round off the face make up.

since then, i''ve been buying all kinds of lipsticks that seem similar but aren''t! Either too strong, thick, bright, caked after some time---it''s sooooo frustrating! i''m spending 10 bucks a day trying new lipsticks when i''m supposed to be saving for a wedding!
emwink.gif
So thought i''d ask you girls. i''m olive skined, but i think the shade i''m looking for would look good on everyone anyway..
My maybelline wet shine with diamonds color is sparkling sand...it has lots of shimmer in it, and still that light coverage. I just checked my makeup bag and as it turns out my discontinued shade is toffee treat, L''oreal shine delice.
7.gif
I think I have one more fresh tube in reserve, but I''m on the search for a new color as well. I even wore the toffee treat for my wedding 3.5 yrs ago, it is/was such a great color.

I think Walgreen''s actually has a pretty good return policy as far as makeup. I remember shopping at one in Indy a few years ago and there was actually a gal behind a little counter in there and she was noticing me looking at lipsticks and told me I could try anything on, and also that if I didn''t like it when I got home I could still return it. I never have taken advantage of that, but then again I wasn''t planning a wedding around the time she told me that, either!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results