shape
carat
color
clarity

Recommend me a 1ct Round Diamond

Dave90

Rough_Rock
Hi Guys,

Can you please recommend a 1ct round diamond, keeping in mind a budget of $8000 AUD delivered.

Thanks,
Dave

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What is your color and clarity preference?

Dave90

Rough_Rock
Hi,

I'd be looking at:

G -H Colour
SI1 - VS2
Excellent/Ideal cut
Absolute eye clean/No cloudiness

Thanks.

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium

This one popped up on the diamond search tool above, it’s the only “in house” diamond with your parameters. I’m not sure what your sales tax is? You’d have to check if eye clean, unfortunately for some reason I can’t see the GIA cert.

Dave90

Rough_Rock
Thanks, but once i factor in GST(10%) and Duty (5%) this would be out of my price range

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, but once i factor in GST(10%) and Duty (5%) this would be out of my price range

I believe you are only subject to the 10% GST because of Aussie & USA free trade agreements.

Perhaps @Garry H (Cut Nut) or another Aussie can confirm.

Not that it makes the previous suggestion right, but it may be helpful in determine actual liability.

Dave90

Rough_Rock
You could be right with a loose diamond! It's unfortunate Good Old Gold don't do settings along with their diamonds. I should have mentioned I prefer to but the diamond and setting together. I may have to drop my Carot to achieve the price range unfortunately.

WillyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Dave
I ran it thru the HCA, scored a 2.1. HCA is not a selection tool, rather a rejection tool. This means it is a nice diamond only if the price is right. Others can chime in, but I think you can do better. People on this forum want ASET scope and Ideal scope views before buying diamonds. Good luck.

Dave90

Rough_Rock
Thanks. B2C provide the ASET view but not the idealscope.

12570878_asset.jpg

Any other suggestions around this price point would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• OpenPdf.pdf
    1 MB · Views: 38

MrsBlue

Brilliant_Rock
You could be right with a loose diamond! It's unfortunate Good Old Gold don't do settings along with their diamonds. I should have mentioned I prefer to but the diamond and setting together. I may have to drop my Carot to achieve the price range unfortunately.

Hi Dave! Is your budget of 8k aud for just the diamond or setting and diamond together?

Dave90

Rough_Rock
I'm trying to stick to a budget of below $8k for both diamond and setting together. Might be willing to go a little higher.

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have you looked at Blue Nile? I think all taxes are included in the prices (they are on the U.K. site, anyway).

How about this one? Has med blue fluorescence but scores 1.3 on HCA. You might be able to squeeze in at about 8k with one of their 14k settings.

Dave90

Rough_Rock
Blue Nile prices look great. The only thing is they don't offer Aset or idealscope views unfortunately. Would you still recommend purchasing from them without these?

WillyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
If you buy without an ASET or Idealscope image from BN, then you are buying a pig in a poke. It’s your coin.
I guess you could buy from them, and return after doing your own testing.

Last edited:

WillyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Perhaps there are some experts here who could comment on the ASET that the OP posted.

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the ASET looks fine.

However, I would advise this is closer to a 60/60 stone:

59 table, 59.9 depth, 33 crown, 41.2 pavilion and 75 LGF

Many buyers seek out a Tolk style cut. Nothing wrong with a 60/60 as long as the OP is aware of the difference and likes the style. The 33/41 seems to be a popular combo for that style of stone.

My concern is a 41.2 is a cliff of sorts and with GIA rounding I have to assume a few of the actual PAs cross that boundary. But again, the ASET would tend to tell us it's okay. You can also see there is a little bit of painting/digging going on.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Blue Nile prices look great. The only thing is they don't offer Aset or idealscope views unfortunately. Would you still recommend purchasing from them without these?

People buy from BN all the time despite not having aset or IS. Sometimes it makes sense and seems like a safe bet if you find a good looking stone with solid numbers.

The aset on the b2c one looks fine, but I don't like how the diamond looks in pics (just imho). I think I am reacting to the large table and lack of defined arrows. Just not my cup of tea.

Dave90

Rough_Rock
Thanks for your opinion guys. I'm so overwhelmed with all the factors I need to consider when choosing a diamond. Other than the B2C one (which i'm now concerned about its 60/60), I have shortlisted a few other options. Which would you recommend?

Considerations:
Only B2C have the ASET view.
Blue Nile and GS Diamonds include GST

TBH, it's hard working searching the the one 'perfect' diamond within a budget. I appreciate all the help I have been getting here.

WillyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
OP
Good luck with your search. I think most places give you a discount for wire and tell them you are a PS member for discount.
I may be wrong but I think you can request JA to give you an ASET up to 3 diamonds for free.

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OP
Good luck with your search. I think most places give you a discount for wire and tell them you are a PS member for discount.
I may be wrong but I think you can request JA to give you an ASET up to 3 diamonds for free.

JA doesn't do ASETs except on fancies.

Round diamonds are limited to idealscope images and last I heard 3 was indeed the max, so choose carefully.

As far as a discount, I'm not aware of a specific code or policy but it never hurts to ask. I've gotten discounts on all sorts of stuff for just asking.

My favorite one was a file cabinet at Walmart. It was the last one and a store display. It had a small dent on the side where I was going to put against a wall. Had the employee get the manager and got a nice discount as I explained it was basically junk to them, lol. I'm no longer allowed to go to Walmart with my wife. Win win! :P2

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results