shape
carat
color
clarity

recipes to encourage him to propose! lol

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
I was looking through my rachel ray book tonight trying to find something for dinner and came across these and thought some of you might be interested, i really want to make this pasta for dinner now, looks yummy!

You Won''t Be Single For Long Vodka Cream Pasta
Cook Time 20 min
Level Easy
Yields 4 servings

Close
Times:

Prep
5 min
Inactive Prep
--
Cook
20 min
Total:
25 min

Ingredients

* 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, once around the pan in a slow stream
* 1 tablespoon butter
* 2 cloves garlic, minced
* 2 shallots, minced
* 1 cup vodka
* 1 cup chicken stock
* 1 can crushed tomatoes (32 ounces)
* Coarse salt and pepper
* 16 ounces pasta, such as penne rigate
* 1/2 cup heavy cream
* 20 leaves fresh basil, shredded or torn
* Crusty bread, for passing

Directions

Heat a large skillet over moderate heat. Add oil, butter, garlic, and shallots. Gently saute shallots for 3 to 5 minutes to develop their sweetness. Add vodka to the pan, 3 turns around the pan in a steady stream will equal about 1 cup. Reduce vodka by half, this will take 2 or 3 minutes. Add chicken stock, tomatoes. Bring sauce to a bubble and reduce heat to simmer. Season with salt and pepper.

While sauce simmers, cook pasta in salted boiling water until cooked to al dente (with a bite to it). While pasta cooks, prepare your salad or other side dishes.

Stir cream into sauce. When sauce returns to a bubble, remove it from heat. Drain pasta. Toss hot pasta with sauce and basil leaves. Pass pasta with crusty bread.

In the book it says a girl made these for her bf. They were so good he went back for seconds and it was the second helping that helped him propose after! lol

5 min
Level Easy
Yields 4 servings in demitasse cups

Close
Times:

Prep
5 min
Inactive Prep
--
Cook
5 min
Total:
10 min

Ingredients

* 2/3 cup whole milk
* 1 egg
* 2 tablespoons sugar
* Pinch salt
* 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
* 2 tablespoons hazelnut liqueur or dark rum
* 4 demitasse cups
* 1 cup whipping cream
* 2 tablespoons sugar
* Mint sprigs, for garnish, optional

Directions

Heat milk in a small pan over moderate heat until it comes to a boil.

In blender or food processor combine egg, sugar, a pinch of salt, semisweet chips, and liqueur. Run processor or turn on blender to low setting. Pour in boiling milk in a slow stream. The hot milk will cook egg and melt chocolate. Process or blend 1 minute, until smooth.

Spoon chocolate into 4 demitasse cups and chill. After dinner, beat cream until soft peaks form. Add a little sugar and beat to combine. Top the chocolate cups with a dollop of cream and garnish each cup with mint sprigs.

Place cups on saucers and serve with demitasse spoons. If you use teacups, this recipe will yield 2 cups, rather than 4.

SailorsSweet<3

Brilliant_Rock
we wont be thin for long either
3.gif
2.gif
yummy recipes smurfy

puppies

Rough_Rock
You Won''t Be Single For Long Vodka Cream Pasta

Awesome, awesome name! It cracked me up!
9.gif

waitingonmyprince

Rough_Rock
Great recipes. I''ll have to try them very soon. I made the engagement chicken last night. Waiting for it to cook was kinda like waiting for my proposal....i grew very impatient near the end...the chicken took much longer to cook than the recipe said it would...but it turned out yummy

35.gif

LilyOfTheValley

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/12/2009 12:13:12 AM
Author: waitingonmyprince
Great recipes. I''ll have to try them very soon. I made the engagement chicken last night. Waiting for it to cook was kinda like waiting for my proposal....i grew very impatient near the end...the chicken took much longer to cook than the recipe said it would...but it turned out yummy

35.gif

Took me 2 hours to cook a 3 lbs. chicken! ''Twas yummy, though.

I love engagement chicken. Ladies, it works! The recipe is called Engagement Chicken for a reason.

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Sounds yummy, I''ll have to try it along with the engagement chicken!!

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/12/2009 6:18:46 AM
Author: LilyOfTheValley
Date: 3/12/2009 12:13:12 AM

Author: waitingonmyprince

35.gif

Took me 2 hours to cook a 3 lbs. chicken! ''Twas yummy, though.

I love engagement chicken. Ladies, it works! The recipe is called Engagement Chicken for a reason.

mine took forever to cook the first time too. the second time around i knew what to expect so it did not take as long.
the vodka pasta sounds really good - sadly i would have to go out and buy vodka!!

tlh

Ideal_Rock
1 piece of salmon fillet (about 6 - 8 oz)
Olive oil
Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
1/2 cup leftover mashed potatoes (or those pre-made store bought ones)
1 teaspoon wasabi paste
Finely chopped green onions for garnish

Preheast pan on the stove really well
On a plate, drizzle oil onto the salmon and season well with salt and pepper
Put the salmon into the hot pan skin side UP for about 5 minutes - without moving it (this is important!)
Flip the salmon over and continue to cook for another 2 minutes - the top will now be nicely browned and crispy
Heat the potatoes in the microwave then add the wasabi paste and mix really well
Place a small scoop of the potatoes onto a place and put the salmon on top
Drizzle some really good olive oil over the top and sprinkle with some finely chopped green onions to garnish

double for two! and serve with asparagus... YUMMY

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
tlh that sounds really yummy too! i might have to make that sometime when its just the girls hanging out, fi doesnt like seafood
7.gif

stephbolt

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve made that vodka cream pasta twice for dinner parties before. The second time, my bf ate some...wonder if it''s gonna work anytime soon...

It is amazing though, and really easy!

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Thanks smurf''s your a doll....

wishinpink

Brilliant_Rock
Keep on sharing the recipes!! They are going to be made one by one... mwahaha

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s my contribution -- brownies with beer in them!

Fudgy Framboise Lambic Brownies
* 1/2 cup, or one stick of unsalted butter
* 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate, cut in small pieces
* 1 1/2 cup granulated sugar
* 1/4 tsp salt
* 3 eggs, lightly beaten
* 1 Tbs vanilla extract
* 1 cup all-purpose flour
* 3/4 cup chopped toasted walnuts or almonds
* 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
* 1 bottle of Framboise Lambic (raspberry beer! you can find this at Trader Joe''s)
* fresh raspberries for garnish

Preheat your oven to 350°F. In a pan over low heat, or in a microwave melt the butter and unsweetened chocolate. Remove from heat and stir in the sugar and salt. Set the chocolate mixture aside, allowing to cool briefly (about 5 minutes).
In the meantime, grease a 13″ x 9″ glass baking dish, and set aside. To the now-cooled chocolate mixture add the eggs and vanilla extract. Stir till combined then stir in the flour.
Now add your bits (the almonds/walnuts/chocolate chips). Pour the batter into the prepared glass baking pan, and drizzle 1/4 cup of Framboise Lambic over the top of the batter and swirl in with a knife.
Cook in the lower third of your 350°F oven till a toothpick comes out almost clean, with some chunks attached, approximately 25-30 minutes.
Allow the brownies to cool slightly, about 10 minutes, and then begin to drizzle a total of 1/3 cup of Framboise Lambic over the top of the brownies. Don’t do this all in one take -- drizzle a couple tablespoons at a time, allowing the lambic to soak in between drenchings.
Cool the brownies completely and then cut into squares. Serve with raspberries and/or ice cream.

I snagged the recipe here, and they turned out great!

lambic-brownies.jpg

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
no problemo dg :)
misskitty that looks super yummy

mariewest

Shiny_Rock
I just had pasta with Vodka sauce tonight for dinner and was actually wondering how hard it would be to make the sauce from scratch. I might have to try it now.

BlueSki231

Brilliant_Rock
oo i like this idea. I won''t touch raw meat with a ten foot pole so engagement chicken is out of the question for me
40.gif

but pasta, i can do - i''ll have to try it!!

and the beer brownies sound interesting too! very curious to see how they''d taste...

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
don''t forget the bacon explosion!! i have the recipe somewhere around here...

tlh

Ideal_Rock
OMG - those brownies look YUMMY!
emsmilep.gif

daydreamer

Rough_Rock
30.gif
Who needs a proposal when you could have the brownies!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results