shape
carat
color
clarity

Recertification - What Lab should i get it done by?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jlauer

Rough_Rock
Hello....

I am considering getting a diamond recertified since it came with and EGL cert and I am interested to see what another more sought after cert would look for this diamond.

I am confused thought as to who I should have it done by.

I was thinking AGS since they will include all the cut details (angle, percentages ect.) but the diamond cutter i am buying from has a SARIN and I could get it measured any time I wanted before it gets mounted in a band.
He would have included the print out of the SARIN test but the printer was acting up on the machine, since he is mounting the diamond in the band I figure he will have that fixed by then and I can get the SARIN print out.

Due to that I was thinking that GIA would be best, since i can get the cut measurements from the diamond cutter. Although it would be nice to see what someone else says about the cut.

So I am up in the air. I figure if I am going to spend 150 20 200 dollars to get it appraised then I might just as well get it recertified by a more respected lab.

One other question I have is, if I send it to get recertified by GIA or AGS will they do anything like laser inscribe the girdle... I honestly do not want that done, so I would like to know if they always do that.

Also is there another lab I should be considering.

Thanks!

jlauer

Rough_Rock
Would i really save that much money by sending it to AGA rather than AGS or GIA?

From what i have been looking at no matter where i sent it it will be around 150 to 200 dollars, so i might as well just get a cert from GIA or AGS....

Also, if the GIA or AGS cert comes back the same as my EGL then the value of my diamond will increase, right?

Anyone know about laser inscribing that AGS or GIA might do?

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
----------------
Would i really save that much money by sending it to AGA rather than AGS or GIA?

From what i have been looking at no matter where i sent it it will be around 150 to 200 dollars, so i might as well just get a cert from GIA or AGS....
----------------

. Keep in mind that you also having professional consultation/opinion regarding your diamond. You won't get it from GIA or AGS.

----------------
Also, if the GIA or AGS cert comes back the same as my EGL then the value of my diamond will increase, right?
----------------

True, it will be easier to sell.
[/u]

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results