shape
carat
color
clarity

Reception sites in Orlando

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

FSULaw

Rough_Rock
Greetings all! I am planning a November wedding for either November 3rd or November 10th in Orlando, Florida. I am searching for a reception site that is not a hotel (which significantly narrows the list when you live in the vacation capital of the world). Ideally, I would love to rent a beautiful historic house or a nice reception hall, but everything I have seen is already booked (and not just booked for November, booked for every weekend in 2007). I would greatly appreciate any suggestions. Although I don''t post much, I am an obsessive lurker. Thanks in advance for all of the advice. Oh, it would probably help to tell you that I will have between 80-100 guests. We are planning on a live band and I am from an Italian family that likes to eat and drink.

Sujuann

Shiny_Rock
FSULaw, I live in Orlando and getting married in Orlando too! (I think we emailed once before about the Dessert Lady!)

When I was looking for my wedding, we went to 65 (yes... 65) venues. Tons of fun! :) :( So I think I can give you a few places to look at. Some were nice... some were definitely just okay. But I'll list them all... the ones that aren't hotels. If you have ANY questions, please don't hesitate to ask me! :) October and November are the new June/July here in Orlando so dates have been getting picked since last year. But I am sure you will find a place that you will love!

Wait... I started this thiinking I had my book with the listings. But I don't! :( But I don't want ot delete this! LOL As soon as I get my list (this afternoon), I'll list the venues that might fit what you are looking for!
36.gif
36.gif

Off the top of my head I think of Casa Feliz (loved it but they have a sound ordinance tha tyou have to be done by 10....or it may be 11) www.casafeliz.us, Cypress Grove, Leu Gardens www.leugardens.org (they have a huge mansion house), Mead Gardens www.meadgarden.org (I didn't like because since the hurrincanes, it hasn't been well kept. But you can see it online.), Tanner hall in Winter Garden, Florida; Dubsdread Country club www.taproomatdubsdread.com (had a feel of a house and great food), Metrowest country club www.metrowestgolf.com, the Ballroom at Church Street www.theballroomatchurchstreet.com, Albin Polasek Museum and Sculpture Garden www.polasek.org (huge mansion house too), Orange County History Center www.thehistorycenter.org

I know some of these are not house style but some of hte country clubs felt like it. I'll see if htere are any other house type ones I went to once I get my list.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results