shape
carat
color
clarity

Recently made a big purchase - Cartier setting

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

yoonny

Rough_Rock
love.gif

Last Thursday, I purchased this beautiful stone from a NY diamond district trader for $14,250:
1.62 Carat round Brilliant
VVS2
61.3 Depth
59 Table
None, None, Good, Good

I am getting this Cartier setting: http://www.mychoice.com.hk/image/jewellery/cartier/cartier-28s.jpg
My setting ($800 in platinum) will be ready tomorrow. My jeweler told me they will copy the style exactly. So I will find out how well they did tomorrow.

I think I did really well pricewise comparing to the prices on this website. What do you think?

Last Monday, I went up and down 5th Avenue to make up my mind on a setting style. I went into Bvlgari, Tiffany & Co., Cartier, Van Cleef & Arpels, Harry Winston (well I was too intimated to go into HW so I just checked out the window), Asprey, H.Stern and Fortunoff. I liked Asprey and Cartier solitaire settings the most. All these stores, except for Fortunoff, have really nice people, display and beautiful rings. It''s just too pricy.

So I will find out tomorrow how my setting and ring looks. I will take pictures and keep all posted.

Iceman

Brilliant_Rock
Who is your jeweler that is so talented ?

The ring should be a knock out, please post the pictures.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results