shape
carat
color
clarity

Recently engaged and excited to show off my princess halo!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

K&L

Shiny_Rock
My fiance proposed just a few weeks ago and I can''t stop staring at my ring since I got it! After looking on the forums here, I decided I really liked the halo rings. I looked on lots of websites and went in several stores, but I felt like it might be out of the question because many of them are rather costly. I was so surprised when I walked in my local Jared''s and saw three different halo settings at a great price - only $900 for the engagement ring setting and wedding band! (The white gold settings were for round, emerald, and princess cut diamonds.) I told my then-boyfriend about the settings, and he chose the one for a princess cut center stone! I absolutely love my ring, and I wanted to share pictures because I haven''t seen a setting exactly like it on here before.

Here''s the specs (at least what I remember, since my fiance has the GIA report):

Center stone: 1.09 cts
Premium cut
5.79 x 5.75 x 3.98 mm
E color
SI1 clarity
Flouresence: none
Total weight: 1.34 cts

K&L

Shiny_Rock
Oh, and my finger is a size 4.5

KnLIMG_0560.JPG

K&L

Shiny_Rock
The center stone is prong set and raised above the halo. What do you think of this compared to rings with the halo closer to the top of the stone?

KnLIMG_0558.JPG

K&L

Shiny_Rock
:)

KLIMG_0552.JPG

K&L

Shiny_Rock
Side view of my ring.

KLIMG_0556.JPG

bettymac

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations on your engagement! What a pretty ring! Great find!

ice_princess

Rough_Rock
Wow. That ring is lovely and it looks so big on you!!!
30.gif
I love the halo rings too, hey, the more sparkle the better right and I think that halo just makes it pop. So pretty. Congratulations on your engagement
36.gif

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats on the engagement, very pretty ring, the stong looks HUGH on you.
1.gif

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
That style for the halo is very unique--I don''t think I''ve seen a halo set so much lower than the center stone before! It makes for a very cool looking profile.

I love the workmanship on the bead-set halo and band... who is the designer?

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
It looks HUGE on you! I can''t believe it. Halos really DO make a difference huh?

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty and unique. COngratulations on your engagement!

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, I can''t believe that princess is 1.09! Looks like a 2 carat on your finger! Congrats!!!

K&L

Shiny_Rock
Date: 9/7/2007 5:55:57 PM
Author: musey
That style for the halo is very unique--I don''t think I''ve seen a halo set so much lower than the center stone before! It makes for a very cool looking profile.

I love the workmanship on the bead-set halo and band... who is the designer?
The setting is from Jared''s, I''m not exactly sure of the designer. It wasn''t one of their "designer brands," which I think is one reason it was more affordable than the other halo rings I saw.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on your recent engagement. Your ring is lovely. The diamond looks much larger than 1.09 carats.

K&L

Shiny_Rock
i had to get on here to see my ring because it''s been at the jewelers for the past two days to be resized... i miss it!
8.gif
haha

mamalala

Rough_Rock
WOW! So big and beautiful and unique!! I can say I've never seen a setting like yours before...very nice!

Congrats on the engagement!

K9

Brilliant_Rock
How different! I have never seen a halo quite like that before - it''s vintage looking. Looks gargantuan on your finger!

wolftress

Brilliant_Rock
That looks HUGE on your hand! What a pretty halo - it really suits your hand. While I think it looks really unique and almost like a piece of architecture, I agree with SDL - I''d be so afraid of hitting that sparkly rock on something.

I hope you get your ring back soon, and do come back with pics of the matching wedding ring so we can see
31.gif

whenharrymetsally

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations on your engagement! That is definitely a unique setting..and it does look HUGE on your finger
36.gif

nessvan12

Shiny_Rock
Man that thing looks huge! Congratulations on your engagement!!!!

K&L

Shiny_Rock
This is the underside of my ring. I like the hidden design :)

IMG_0705comp.jpg

K&L

Shiny_Rock
So it''s not a flower pic...

My ring with a sea shell that my fiance found and gave me shortly after we met over two years ago. If you shake the shell, sand will still come out :)

IMG_0713comp.jpg

K&L

Shiny_Rock
Pictures of the wedding band for wolftress :)

It''s a 2mm band with diamonds halfway around.

Also, here are the actual specs of my diamond from the GIA report:

Square Modified Brilliant
5.79 x 5.75 x 4.15 mm
1.09 carats
E
SI1
Polish - Very Good
Symmetry - Very Good
Fluorescence - None

(We got the diamond from Blue Nile)

IMG_0730comp.jpg

K&L

Shiny_Rock
My engagement ring with the wedding band I''ll get to wear next August :)

IMG_0736comp.jpg

themrs

Rough_Rock
Very Pretty, enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results