shape
carat
color
clarity

Recent Eye Candy: rings from Cecile Raley Designs, cabochons

voce

Ideal_Rock
For my first chrysoberyl purchase from back in August, I chose a 3-stone hexagon setting, pairing the chrysoberyl with red Burmese spinel.
il_570xN.1679322583_nk5r.jpg
For my first loose aquamarine, which was a lovely deeper marine blue that really appealed to me, I chose Yvonne's Edwardian design and decided on diamond and emerald sidestones. I felt like I really wanted some emeralds for a surprising pop of color because only aqua and diamonds might be too "standard" and not "me" enough. I really like how it turned out.
il_570xN.1682213677_ap72.jpg
Now, for the hand shots. When these 2 rings first arrived, we were having overcast skies, no rain, for days and days.
IMG_0161.JPG
Just took these pictures today, when I didn't feel as lazy (lol). Sun, shade, indoors.
IMG_0171.JPG IMG_0174.JPG IMG_0175.JPG
The bright California sun can make stones look washed out by flooding them with too much light. I prefer the colors in the shade and in the naturally lit indoors.

When I saw these stones, I saw they were cheap (<$100) and a really good calibrated size, so it would fit in Yvonne's existing ring styles, and I'm still glad I snatched them up.

Apologies for the fat fingers. I don't usually wear so many rings on one hand, usually 1 each on left and on right, but I really liked how these rings looked next to my e-ring, plus wearing them all together means I don't have to photograph each separately.

voce

Ideal_Rock
Here, I'm sharing with you my cabochon purchases, since I'm too lazy to create a separate thread. (They are eye candy, too!)

Since learning about gem silica from @lovedogs I started looking at chalcedony cabochons. Although I still haven't found my perfect gem silica, I kept coming back to this vivid green chrysoprase I found on Etsy, from Alternatives Lapidary. This chrysoprase is all natural, not treated. I understand it's not considered the typical chrysoprase, but I find it's so unique with the sinewy inclusions and the deep color and love it. I'm having Phil set it into a pendant.
il_570xN.1434453499_e7ym.jpg il_570xN.1387174894_2era.jpg

I also bought a 6mm round star ruby/sapphire cabochon and a 9x11mm Holley agate from Serendipity Gemstones on Etsy. Now I'm learning to search for calibrated sizes in cabochons so I have a decent chance to set them myself and save a lot of money. The star gem has a little beauty mark around the outside edge, so I might decide to place prongs there.
il_570xN.1524354910_c15p.jpg il_570xN.1551260835_gavz.jpg il_570xN.1503799094_285s.jpg

leslie1956

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
For my first chrysoberyl purchase from back in August, I chose a 3-stone hexagon setting, pairing the chrysoberyl with red Burmese spinel.
il_570xN.1679322583_nk5r.jpg
For my first loose aquamarine, which was a lovely deeper marine blue that really appealed to me, I chose Yvonne's Edwardian design and decided on diamond and emerald sidestones. I felt like I really wanted some emeralds for a surprising pop of color because only aqua and diamonds might be too "standard" and not "me" enough. I really like how it turned out.
il_570xN.1682213677_ap72.jpg
Now, for the hand shots. When these 2 rings first arrived, we were having overcast skies, no rain, for days and days.
IMG_0161.JPG
Just took these pictures today, when I didn't feel as lazy (lol). Sun, shade, indoors.
IMG_0171.JPG IMG_0174.JPG IMG_0175.JPG
The bright California sun can make stones look washed out by flooding them with too much light. I prefer the colors in the shade and in the naturally lit indoors.

When I saw these stones, I saw they were cheap (<$100) and a really good calibrated size, so it would fit in Yvonne's existing ring styles, and I'm still glad I snatched them up.

Apologies for the fat fingers. I don't usually wear so many rings on one hand, usually 1 each on left and on right, but I really liked how these rings looked next to my e-ring, plus wearing them all together means I don't have to photograph each separately.

Beautiful color combinations in your rings! I agree that adding the emeralds to your Edwardian ring was the right choice, they "pop" the entire piece :) I really like those deeper blue aquas, too :) Thanks for sharing your chrysoberyl and ruby e-rings, too!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Seriously popping colours in thia thread. Thanks for sharing your beauties. I love rhe bright colours in your new rings. Yvonne and you have chosen great colour combo’s.
Your cabs are atunning!!!!

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love your new stones and rings :love:. The color combinations you picked look fantastic together!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The Chrysoberyl and the Chrysoprase are gorgeous, thanks for sharing! :love::love::love:

I hope to have a neon Chrysoberyl one day, and shall set it with Tsavorite side stones.

DK :))

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a great choice of gemstones and settings. They are all so lovely.

natasha-cupcake

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Love the rings! Such pretty color combinations and Yvonne's designs are fantastic. Enjoy!

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh, Love your star!!! Beautiful pieces, truly. I just love that you are working on setting your own stones. Awesome!

Rare gem lover

Shiny_Rock
Trade
stunning! you have great taste. That aqua colour is so rare! I only have two after searching a lot. Congratulations on one of a kind items :)

voce

Ideal_Rock
Thanks to @leslie1956 @Acinom @2Neezers @dk168 @LisaRN @natasha-cupcake @Bluegemz @Rare gem lover for kind words and compliments. I was only able to develop my taste for CS thanks to the supportive and knowledgeable PS community here. You've shown me many beautiful gems and helped me understand how to buy gems and do custom projects. Hanging out around here helped me understand what to look for so I didn't have too many "learner stones" :P2. Thank you all for sharing your pretties and knowledge with me.

voce

Ideal_Rock
The Chrysoberyl and the Chrysoprase are gorgeous, thanks for sharing! :love::love::love:

I hope to have a neon Chrysoberyl one day, and shall set it with Tsavorite side stones.

Just wanted to share this with you. At first I was thinking of going with a yellow/purple or yellow/green combination. Yvonne even set aside 2 chrome tourmalines for the project, but then I changed my mind and went for red spinel. Here is Yvonne's photo showing the chrysoberyl with the neon green chrome tourmalines. It's a good look! I just worried that the yellow/green might compete with my sphene/demantoid sunflower ring when I reach for a ring, so I decided to go for a yellow/red combo instead. :lol:
icm_fullxfull.167932484_osvbnix097kg44koo8o0.jpg

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just wanted to share this with you. At first I was thinking of going with a yellow/purple or yellow/green combination. Yvonne even set aside 2 chrome tourmalines for the project, but then I changed my mind and went for red spinel. Here is Yvonne's photo showing the chrysoberyl with the neon green chrome tourmalines. It's a good look! I just worried that the yellow/green might compete with my sphene/demantoid sunflower ring when I reach for a ring, so I decided to go for a yellow/red combo instead. :lol:
icm_fullxfull.167932484_osvbnix097kg44koo8o0.jpg

Thanks for the mock up shot with green sides - the combo is a beauty for me! :love:

JD has some lovely yellow stones with a touch of green at the mo, so tempted by them, however, the piggy bank is empty. :(2

I would like an oval with peat sides eventually.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love your new rings. That chrysoberyl really has my attention. I think pairing it with red spinel sides was a fantastic choice as it really makes the whole ring pop! :love:
The emerald sides on the aqua were a great touch too.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results