shape
carat
color
clarity

Received my warm colored AVC today

moosemom

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone. I posted a few days ago about trying to choose between and 1.66 SI L AVC or a regular 1.72 SI V antique cushion. I put the AVC on hold and my husband and I decided to go ahead, purchase it and have it shipped to us. We figured that since the AVC was a couple thousand less in price and they were close in dimensions, I wanted to see if we could get on board with a warmer color. Well, the package arrived today …. and …. I think we have a winner.

This baby sparkles like nothing I have seen in any of the stores I have looked at diamonds before. I love the big, bold, chunky flashes of light and pastel colors. At times the stone looks really white, but you can definitely see the warmth. More often she looks creamy white. My husband (who knows nothing about diamonds ) said the stone looked like it was lit up. I asked him what he thought of it and he just said it is nice, but he doesn’t care about the stone, he just wants the girl wearing it to be happy :twirl: Basically, he is leaving it up to me.

I figured before I made a decision I would ask my two daughters what they thought of the AVC when they got home from school. Emily – age 12- walks in and says “cool, looks good” – I think she would have been more impressed if I presented a giant Yo-Yo. Katy, age 14, loved the stone. She was the one who picked that stone & color off the computer when we pasted a bunch of AVC’s in various colors next to one another. She must be partial to warmer colors. She and a friend that was over didn’t think the stone looked yellow, they loved the light show it seemed to give off in the sun, and they told me I would be nuts if I sent this one back.

I will watch her for the next few days, but long story short I think I will be keeping her. Now time to choose a setting ….

Here are just a few pictures I took today with my old little camera - (not sure I did the stone justice - my photography skills leave a lot to be desired)

DSCF5551.jpg

DSCF5552.jpg

DSCF5575.jpg

DSCF5560_0.jpg

DSCF5583.jpg

DSCF5582.jpg

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
:love: That is going to make an awesome ring!

MrsBettyBoop

Brilliant_Rock
It's gorgeous!!

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks amazing! I love warmer stones!

asymons412

Shiny_Rock
I'm slowly falling in love with all of these warm stones... :love:

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful stone!!!!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think a lovely three stone with baguettes would be lovely. I love AVC's set simply.

weallshineon

Rough_Rock
OMG, you have a major beauty and it the warm color does it justice - it does not look yellowish AT ALL!! What size is your finger? I am in love with the dimensions on the stone - any other details?

slg47

Ideal_Rock
oh it's gorgeous :) i can't wait to see pictures of the final product!

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
what a lovely stone! can't wait to see the ring... :love:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is beautiful :appl: lovely and creamy and antiquey and soft even in your pics :love:

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Awesome, I simply love it and the color looks delish! You must have a weensy little finger because it looks very large on your hand.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is an absolutely lovely diamond.
You are a lucky girl.
Enjoy it every day!!!

I probably don't have to say this, but be careful with those clip-rings.
The diamond can pop out.

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful stone.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It is gorgeous! I think you had a good choice! :appl:

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
It is a gorgeous stone!

LittleSparkle

Shiny_Rock
I love it! What a lovely size and color! I also have a warmer colored AVC and can't imagine being happier with any other cut or color. The AVCs have such life and I think that they really shine in the warmer colors. Congratulations on your new baby! :naughty:

What size is your finger?? That stone looks HUGE on you! :love:

jewels2

Shiny_Rock
Love it! If I ever get a cushion it will definitely be from GOG :love:

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a gorgeous diamond! I love warm colors and if I ever buy an AVC the lower the better!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is gorgeous, the warmth makes it come to life! I cannot wait to see how you set this!

audball

Ideal_Rock
:-o I have to agree with ame! The warmth is simply gorgeous. I LOVE this stone. I can't wait to see what you do with it!!

moosemom

Shiny_Rock
Thank you ame, bright ice, jewels2, LittleSparkle, lknrb4, yennyfire, Porridge, kenny, Dreamer, yessie,minmin001, wellshineone, sig47, Gypsy, Amys Bling, aysmons412, Asscherhalo-lover, MrsBettyBoop, and central square.

The specs on the stone can be found in this link to the diamond on GOG
http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/8585/

I love that it is a perfect square. I am unsure of the setting right now. I am toying with a few options with Victor Canera. I will probably post for some opinions soon.

My fingers are actually not that small, pretty average. I would say that I am probably a 6, but I have had to go bigger because of big knuckles. I had my old ring set into a right hand ring and had it made a 6.5, but it was too big and I needed sizing beads put in. I am glad that the diamond appears huge on my hand, I think it may have something to do with the ring holder clip thing that came with the diamond though. Either way it is good for me and bigger than anything I ever expected to have.

I look forward to your opinions on the setting.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
moosemom|1314974972|3008248 said:
Thank you ame, bright ice, jewels2, LittleSparkle, lknrb4, yennyfire, Porridge, kenny, Dreamer, yessie,minmin001, wellshineone, sig47, Gypsy, Amys Bling, aysmons412, Asscherhalo-lover, MrsBettyBoop, and central square.

The specs on the stone can be found in this link to the diamond on GOG
http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/8585/

I love that it is a perfect square. I am unsure of the setting right now. I am toying with a few options with Victor Canera. I will probably post for some opinions soon.

My fingers are actually not that small, pretty average. I would say that I am probably a 6, but I have had to go bigger because of big knuckles. I had my old ring set into a right hand ring and had it made a 6.5, but it was too big and I needed sizing beads put in. I am glad that the diamond appears huge on my hand, I think it may have something to do with the ring holder clip thing that came with the diamond though. Either way it is good for me and bigger than anything I ever expected to have.

I look forward to your opinions on the setting.

I think the height of the stone off your finger does make it look a bit larger than it will look once set, but it is a big rock and looks great on your hand for sure!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
I Love that!!!! How will you be setting it? CONGRATULATIONS on a lovely stone!!! :appl:

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
VavaVOOOOOOM! That is a stunner, MooseMom!

I knew it would be hard to part with this beauty once you had her in your hands. I really love the warmth of this stone, and the dimensions are perfect.

I can't wait to see how you set it!

:appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Amazing! I am really loving lower-colored older cut stones. I would love one with ruby side stones to bring out
that yummy warm glow. I'll have to stop day dreaming and put that on my wish list!

Edit - BTW, if you ever find your ring missing you better go check your daughter's finger! Sounds like she's a real fan of
lower colored AVCs.

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
I think it is gorgeous!! I'm also loving these warm colored AVCs!!! I'll look forward to seeing how you set it.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good gosh, that AVC is stunning!! You lucky girl! :appl:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yummy...dreamy...delicious...gorgeous...stunning...need I go on? Absolutely beautiful, enjoy this beauty! :love:

moosemom

Shiny_Rock
Thank you Junebug17, Laila619, Pinkjewel, Haven, Dani, and tyty333. I am really enjoying the light show this baby is giving off. I am trying to decide how to set it now - I am sure I will be looking for opinions on that soon. I am partial to the french cut settings I have seen on this site - so I may go that direction. I just want the ring to have a nice vintage feel to it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results