shape
carat
color
clarity

Received my 2.4ct Cushion e-Diamond Today (Pics inside)

N5Y0

Rough_Rock
... and I'm pleased! Time to get it appraised (tomorrow) and then out the door to Maytal but have a look!

Looks great indoors and outdoors it is on fire (the pictures from my camera phone didn't really catch the sparkle/fire/whatever and I have no macro mode). I am pretty relieved but if you guys notice anything that I should be concerned about please do point it out.

photo 1.JPG

photo 2.JPG

photo 6.JPG

photo 5.JPG

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks gorgeous to me!!! :love:

N5Y0

Rough_Rock
Thank you! :twirl: ... Time to start planning the proposal.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Looks beautiful! Goodluck with the proposal!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Looks beautiful!!! Can't wait to see it set!!! Good luck with your proposal!!! :appl:

CravingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Such a beautiful stone. What is the setting that you are mounting the stone in? Plus what is the full specs on the large sparkler?!

N5Y0

Rough_Rock
Thank you for the kind words!

It is a 2.4ct modified brilliant cushion. Ideal cut with EX polish and EX symmetry. No florescence. VS1 and I color. It is 8.5mm x 7.55mm x 5.11mm deep. Depth is 67.7% and table 55.0%. I thought it was slightly deep however it is still graded by GIA as Ideal cut so no complaints there from me! There is also no cutlet (and I plan on having this highlighted in the setting).

I plan on having Maytal very closely mimic CharmyPoo's setting with a few slight modifications. But essentially it will be halo'd with a single shank, micro-pave. I was originally going to go for a split shank but I am leaning on something more delicate and simple.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
Thank you for the kind words!

It is a 2.4ct modified brilliant cushion. Ideal cut with EX polish and EX symmetry. No florescence. VS1 and I color. It is 8.5mm x 7.55mm x 5.11mm deep. Depth is 67.7% and table 55.0%. I thought it was slightly deep however it is still graded by GIA as Ideal cut so no complaints there from me! There is also no cutlet (and I plan on having this highlighted in the setting).

I plan on having Maytal very closely mimic CharmyPoo's setting with a few slight modifications. But essentially it will be halo'd with a single shank, micro-pave. I was originally going to go for a split shank but I am leaning on something more delicate and simple.

congratulations on your beautiful diamond!

I just wanted to point out that GIA does not grade cushion cuts (or any diamonds) as ideal cut. GIA only assigns a cut grade to rounds, and their top grade is 'excellent'.

N5Y0

Rough_Rock
slg47|1305234097|2920014 said:
I just wanted to point out that GIA does not grade cushion cuts (or any diamonds) as ideal cut. GIA only assigns a cut grade to rounds, and their top grade is 'excellent'.

Gotcha! The 'cut' from JA was listed as Ideal. GIA listed the symmetry and polish as Excellent. I'll take that!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats! :appl: :bigsmile:

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
ohhhh it's beautiful~ good luck and keep us updated~ :appl:

hearts-arrows_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations on your new stone. It looks beautiful! :appl:

N5Y0

Rough_Rock
Just back from the appraisal... and wow :D Looks like I landed myself a deal. Paid about 4.25k less than the lower estimate and 5.75k less than the average of her high and low estimates. Very happy right now.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results