shape
carat
color
clarity

Received engagement ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

tsw

Rough_Rock
Hi,
Please help me. I just received a lovely engagement ring. My boyfriend asked me what I wanted for a center stone and I picked an asscher. I don''t know much about diamonds, but I don''t think the cut is correct.
Here are the dimensions I have from the GIA card:

Laser Inscrip
Shape ... sq emerald
meas...5.24x5.03x3.16
weight...0.71
depth 62.8%
table 77%
Girdle thin to med
culet none
finish
polish and sym very good
clarity VS1
characteristics needle, pinpoint
color H
flourescense none

The table seems large and there are not facets on the top as in asschers I have seen. I am most concerned that my fiance may have gotten something that was not what we thought it should be. I don''t want to bring it up unless there was an error made in the cut. Can you help me??
Thank you very much.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would get it independently appraised, an expert viewing the stone will be able to tell you the most accurate knowledge. Do you have any pictures of the stone you could post?

Take a look at Jax's recent post on her new Asscher ring...that's what it should look like.
1.gif

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Well...the problem with most so-called asschers is that they're really just square emeralds. A good asscher should be cut with a distinctive octagonal appearance. Hence why you need to *see* a generic asscher before purchasing it or have the guidance of a really experienced jeweler who knows what an asscher is really like. I second Mara's advice of getting it independently appraised.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results