shape
carat
color
clarity

Received a fedex label but no box..How to mail?

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have to mail my diamond ring to David..I usually use UPS with David but they won’t take high value shipments anymore from the store close to me. I would have to drive forty-five minutes to go to their shipping center. David suggested FedEx and emailed me a label. I tried calling FedEx asking if I brought my item in do they supply the box? Everyone I spoke to didn’t speak English and kept asking questions instead of giving me a straightforward answer. Can I use my own box? Since it’s a high value shipment I want to do it the right way. I found out later that when I dropped off my diamond ring last time at UPS they weren’t supposed to accept it and it would not have been covered if it was lost. @mrs-b?

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
FedEx has boxes, yes. But you can also use your own box. I prefer theirs, tho.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
FedEx has boxes, yes. But you can also use your own box. I prefer theirs, tho.

Thank you! Do I just put it in an envelope and ask for the boxes or do they do it?

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not all fed ex places have boxes for you to use.
Use Fedex website to find out what location you are going to, has the boxes or not, if you don’t want to call them.
They have multiple box/envelope sizes to choose from.
Double box or envelope and then box, and put ship to and return address on inner box as well.
Typically you box up the item.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Not all fed ex places have boxes for you to use.
Use Fedex website to find out what location you are going to, has the boxes or not, if you don’t want to call them.
They have multiple box/envelope sizes to choose from.
Double box or envelope and then box, and put ship to and return address on inner box as well.
Typically you box up the item.

Thank you @Rfisher..I can’t call the local one because the number goes directly to customer service. I think I’ll just head over there and see what they have. I can take it into the car and put my rings in there..

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
David can look up your closet location and advise.
Company owned locations generally have boxes, some franchise locations do not.
Double box, they have 2 boxes that fit right inside each other,

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
David can look up your closet location and advise.
Company owned locations generally have boxes, some franchise locations do not.
Double box, they have 2 boxes that fit right inside each other,

Thank you @Karl_K!

JJB.Terry

Rough_Rock
Trade
Only UPS driver can accept your high dollar value they sign off on it. So you can wait it out at the store for the driver to arrive. I have done this several times in recent months.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I boxed my ring to send to WF but FedEx put it in a padded envelope and then one of their boxes - free of charge. I much preferred their packaging!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Only UPS driver can accept your high dollar value they sign off on it. So you can wait it out at the store for the driver to arrive. I have done this several times in recent months.

Thank you @JasmineJadeBoutique This is a FedEx label.. That’s what happened to me with UPS..so David sent me the FedEx label.

Last edited:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@MissGotRocks Did you tape the label on your box..and then they printed another one for the box they used? I’ve sent many things off without worrying..but after I found out UPS accepted my package without the ups driver’s signature..and it wouldn’t have been covered if it was lost...I’m doing it right this time..I’ve had things shIpped to FedEx for pickup..but never mailed anything directly from them.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You don't pay extra for FedEx's Express packaging - it's like USPS Priority boxes and envelopes: If you pay for the shipment the packaging is included.

I'll put my piece into a padded envelope. Put that padded envelope into a Small or Medium sized FedEx box, with extra padding so it doesn't move around. Tape that Small or Medium box up around all seams. Put that Small or Medium box into a Medium or Large box. Remove the easy-tear strip from the interior of the outer box, and tape all seams.

I tape over the label, too, so there are no worries about running ink if it gets wet.

I wouldn't want anyone packaging a high-value item for me - no need to invite sticky fingers! And always wait until they put your box into the stack at the back, or on their conveyor belt, or whatever they're using - don't walk away whilst it's sitting on the counter where any other customer can reach it. And get a receipt :))

I also like to take a photo of the final package - including all stickers or labels FedEx might apply - and email it to my vendor so they know what to look out for.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
You don't pay extra for FedEx's Express packaging - it's like USPS Priority boxes and envelopes: If you pay for the shipment the packaging is included.

I'll put my piece into a padded envelope. Put that padded envelope into a Small or Medium sized FedEx box, with extra padding so it doesn't move around. Tape that Small or Medium box up around all seams. Put that Small or Medium box into a Medium or Large box. Remove the easy-tear strip from the interior of the outer box, and tape all seams.

I tape over the label, too, so there are no worries about running ink if it gets wet.

I wouldn't want anyone packaging a high-value item for me - no need to invite sticky fingers! And always wait until they put your box into the stack at the back, or on their conveyor belt, or whatever they're using - don't walk away whilst it's sitting on the counter where any other customer can reach it. And get a receipt :))

I also like to take a photo of the final package - including all stickers or labels FedEx might apply - and email it to my vendor so they know what to look out for.
Thank you @yssie..I’ll bring tape and just ask for the boxes. I already paid David for the label...so it should be all included..

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ditto to what Yssie said - the label can go in one of their clear envelopes made for such a thing too. They provided all boxes and tape - great service!!

arhzay

Rough_Rock
They will probably provide you with a box. I recently shipped two diamonds from London, UK to CBI in Idaho via FedEx. I packaged up the diamonds myself at home and when my husband took the package to FedEx with my shipping label they basically told him my box was crap lol.

They gave him a box to repack my parcel in and also gave him some spares even though he didn’t ask.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you everyone! My two rings are in the mail now!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ditto to what Yssie said - the label can go in one of their clear envelopes made for such a thing too. They provided all boxes and tape - great service!!

I had to tape my own boxes @MissGotRocks...I put it in a little padded envelope..then in a little box..and taped the inside label on the outside of that box...When I got to FedEx she told me to put it in a small box..and then into a medium box..I had to use my own tape and package it myself...She added the label inside the see through pocket..She then printed out another label and slapped that on...I kept standing there because @yessie said to wait until it was put in the back..hahaha...She said, “You’re all done..”. I just smiled and watched her finish and walk it to the back. Then I left..She must have thought I was nuts..hahaha Whoever opens that box will have a job getting to my rings!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had to tape my own boxes @MissGotRocks...I put it in a little padded envelope..then in a little box..and taped the inside label on the outside of that box...When I got to FedEx she told me to put it in a small box..and then into a medium box..I had to use my own tape and package it myself...She added the label inside the see through pocket..She then printed out another label and slapped that on...I kept standing there because @yessie said to wait until it was put in the back..hahaha...She said, “You’re all done..”. I just smiled and watched her finish and walk it to the back. Then I left..She must have thought I was nuts..hahaha Whoever opens that box will have a job getting to my rings!

Kinda crazy that you had to use your own tape! At least you know it is safe and secure. Happy travels - I am sure it will arrive safe and sound!

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
At my Fedex location I take a small and medium box out to my car and assemble (Always in my car.)I stuff plenty of padding so there is no movement inside the boxes. I bring my own tape and tape over the seams and the vendor supplied label. Covering all of it so it is waterproof. Yssie is right about watching your package taken to the shipment bin. Better to appear odd than have someone lift your box! I was a complete wreck the first time I shipped to a vendor.
I can’t wait to see the new rendition! Nothing wrong with tweaking to get it just right! I’ll be following.

Last edited:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
At my Fedex location I take a small and medium box out to my car and assemble (Always in my car.)I stuff plenty of padding so there is no movement inside the boxes. I bring my own tape and tape over the seams and the vendor supplied label. Covering all of it so it is waterproof. Yssie is right about watching your package taken to the shipment bin. Better to appear odd than have someone lift your box! I was a complete wreck the first time I shipped to a vendor.
I can’t wait to see the new rendition! Nothing wrong with tweaking to get it just right! I’ll be following.

Thanks &Bonfire..I feel a little bad that I didn’t notice it on the cad. I just couldn’t live with it. He was just doing what I said.. I should have been more clear. It doesn’t matter as long as this one is perfect...I’m dying to get it back..and I just sent it. It’s been received but David didn’t send me the email yet saying he has it. I don’t know how he keeps everyone straight!

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks &Bonfire..I feel a little bad that I didn’t notice it on the cad. I just couldn’t live with it. He was just doing what I said.. I should have been more clear. It doesn’t matter as long as this one is perfect...I’m dying to get it back..and I just sent it. It’s been received but David didn’t send me the email yet saying he has it. I don’t know how he keeps everyone straight!

Don’t beat yourself up. CADs can be tricky even for those used to looking at them! You’re learning your preferences and we’ll all be happy to chime in now that we know more what you want to achieve. I’m confident he’ll nail it!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Don’t beat yourself up. CADs can be tricky even for those used to looking at them! You’re learning your preferences and we’ll all be happy to chime in now that we know more what you want to achieve. I’m confident he’ll nail it!

Thank you @Bonfire. I love the height and the six prongs....I did tell him that I want it to be lighter..with a thinner shank like my previous cocoon setting. I also like the slimmer baguettes that he sourced for me instead of my more rectangular ones..I better get this right this time because I’m done with this! :wall:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results